#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bought some Space Raiders Pickled Onion Rings from the WTF section in Iceland. I made a terrible mistake. They’re very bad. 

Do they taste any different from pickled onion flavour normal Space Raiders? I feel like I know what they're going to taste like.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bought some Space Raiders Pickled Onion Rings from the WTF section in Iceland. I made a terrible mistake. They’re very bad. 

I got the Pickled Onion "Fish n Chips" and they're pretty bad too. Been waiting ages to try them.

The Walkers Max Texas BBQ from their Pizza Hut range are banging though.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I got the Pickled Onion "Fish n Chips" and they're pretty bad too. Been waiting ages to try them.

Home Bargains were flogging them for 50p when I last went in so that tells you everything.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Home Bargains were flogging them for 50p when I last went in so that tells you everything.

50p is a clearance price in Home Bargains, not the regular price?? Fucking hell, inflation is out of control.

3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Do they taste any different from pickled onion flavour normal Space Raiders? I feel like I know what they're going to taste like.

They taste like the crisp but hot. They’re  so sour that I found them almost inedible. That could be the appeal for some, though. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

50p is a clearance price in Home Bargains, not the regular price?? Fucking hell, inflation is out of control.

It's the multipack price, reduced from £1.25, I think. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

garlic mayo

OK lads, I've been biting my tongue but.... anyone who remembers my frustration when Heinz got rid of their actually nice garlic sauce from the stores in favour of the "Turkish Style" we see on supermarket shelves, which is yoghurt based and not nice... well, I don't blame you if you if you don't. But I was delighted to be able to buy the original recipe ("Greek Style") while I was in Poland and had it on every ham sandwich, dipped every pack of kabanos I could in it. Heaven. I think it's still available in some of the cheap stores as "Knoblauch Sauce" but it feels like a trick, "knoblauch" being German for garlic so... I don't know if I'm buying good Greek style herby garlic or nasty Turkish yoghurt.

Anyway the reason I bring this up.... "Mediterranean Aioli" seems to have just come out. Any good, anyone?

51 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Think it was 2.99 in Aldis.

Nick Aldis Champion GIF by United Wrestling Network

• Paid Members

Lidl do some fake sausage McMuffin patties that tasted absolutely spot on when I first tried them, got them the next week and they were fucking rank. Such is Lidl sometimes (I once got a multipack for crisps where none of them had any flavouring). 

Speaking of microwaves, how does everyone cook their Chicago Town Pizzas? The little individual ones, 2 in a box, you know the ones. I’ve always microwaved them, but recently it’s ended up pretty badly. The toppings always spill over the side and the base goes rock hard. They must have changed the recipe. I’ll try the oven next time.

also, due to the cost of living crisis, I’ve switched instant noodle brands. Super Noodles are too expensive. Try these bad boys from B&M, only £1 for five packets, absolutely delicious 

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/yumsu-instant-noodles-special-chicken-flavour-5pk-391175