#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

There's a Popeye's just outside Glasgow now. We went the other week and although it was pretty good it wasn't worth the extra cost over a KFC. Would probably use it the odd time if it was closer but I wouldn't go out of my way to go to it again.

Edited by MungoChutney

• Paid Members

KFC have changed their chips a bunch of times over the years and they've always been shit. When there used to be a KFC and a Kansas Fried Chicken a couple of doors apart in Burnage when I was a kid, we used to order chips from Kansas and go to KFC for our chicken while we waited.

• Paid Members

I went to Popeyes in Cambridge recently. I thought it had KFC beaten on everything except the flavour of the breading. Great range of sauces, superior chips, good milkshakes. This will probably vary a lot by KFC branch/franchise, but it also felt like the chicken was more freshly fried and juicy than my typical KFC experience. I'd take it over KFC overall but yeah, the coating is sadly not as flavoursome. 

Edited by JLM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forgot to post that I had a fantastic #EatClean weekend.

Friday was Chippy, Saturday was Taco Bell for lunch (much improved this time, I had the volcano burrito meal), rank/fantastic cheeseburger from a van outside St Mary's, then McDonald's on the way home, and Chinese takeaway on the Sunday. 

Pretty much fizzy drink and coffee all weekend as well with no water, and now my blood is just pure salt. YOLO.

7 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

I feel like I should start going into Iceland. They seem to have all the good shit....

Screenshot_20240111_131210_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d134463433109bae12f13b1463775cd0.jpg

Be warned, they also have Mrs Browns Boys and Lewis Capaldi branded shite, but the good outweigh the bad by a considerable distance. 

• Paid Members

Taco Bell is unmitigated shite but do love it after a heavy night out once a year or so.

Notwithstanding Lewis Capaldi pizza etc. Iceland have some outstanding stuff. Southern fried chicken tenders are 3 for a tenner and always in the freezer here for a Real Treat midweek.