#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I don't mind suffering for the spice, but this wasn't even nice.

Take this to the hip-hop thread

• Paid Members

Wish I'd taken a picture of last night's dinner at a local mexican place. I started with chicaron norteno, which was a bowl of homemade guacamole, with three deep fried belly pork slabs sticking out the top. Then the main course was the "guadalajara combination," which sounds like a cracking tag team.

I wish I'd taken a photo — it was nachos, topped with a tostado, two flautas, and a quesadilla, topped with salad, topped with salsa, beans, sour cream, and guacamole. I'll still be finishing it tomorrow.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The Hot Cross Bun pie at McDonalds is fucking grim. An almost mincemeat (fruit) like filing and dollops of a butter flavoured sauce. Pure filth and not in the good way.

Agreed. I love cinnamony type things so thought it’d be up my street,  but it has an aftertaste of rancid milk because of the butter sauce. Truly disgusting.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Wish I'd taken a picture of last night's dinner at a local mexican place. I started with chicaron norteno, which was a bowl of homemade guacamole, with three deep fried belly pork slabs sticking out the top. Then the main course was the "guadalajara combination," which sounds like a cracking tag team.

I wish I'd taken a photo — it was nachos, topped with a tostado, two flautas, and a quesadilla, topped with salad, topped with salsa, beans, sour cream, and guacamole. I'll still be finishing it tomorrow.

That sounds amazing. For me living in the countryside is great but there isn't a decent Mexican restaurant within a 100 mile radius of me and I love Mexican food. I make my own but its about as authentic as Dick Van Dyke's accent in Mary Poppins. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That sounds amazing. For me living in the countryside is great but there isn't a decent Mexican restaurant within a 100 mile radius of me and I love Mexican food. I make my own but its about as authentic as Dick Van Dyke's accent in Mary Poppins. 

It's really been a pleasant surprise since we moved here — there are so many Mexican places, there's even a Salvadorean restaurant.

30 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

This sounds incredible. Please tell me the name of the restaurant so I can sadly look at the menu, as is my want.

Don't dox yourself though!

Edited by SuperBacon
Edit your mum

• Paid Members

After a rotten week, decided to go out to eat at Cracker Barrel. Always a fun experience, I find. Has a big fireplace, but was too warm, so they just add a smoky scent to the air. Oil lamps at every table, country music playing.

We shared a basket of white cheddar bites, which were free due to loyalty points. I had the steak sampler, which was sirloin, biscuits, mashed spud, broccoli, and a half serving of country fried shrimp. Wife had buffalo chickenMac and cheese. I also got a $5 Mac and cheese with meatloaf to take home and have tomorrow. All that with change from $60 with a decent tip.

IMG_2495.jpeg