#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

TheĀ Indian I go to is one of the best I've ever had but one time last year they were almost 2 hours late, then when itĀ arrived they'd forgot the rice. I'm a very reserved person but it still makes me angry thinking about it. We did end up getting the rice and a few things added in for free but I've still not been back since. What kind of Indian takeaway forgets to bring the rice!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Made Chicken Parmo's at the weekend. Having never had a proper one I've no real basis for comparison but it was decent. Very rich & creamy. Beige as fuck and a battle to finish.Ā 

Deffo still wanna try a legit one from a North East takeaway but I don't think I could handle it on the regular.

20210320_175221.thumb.jpg.d1501670e7c828f13320ad5d8929dc46.jpg

That my friend is not a parmo. For a start you need the cheapest orangest cheese you can muster. Secondly the bechamel sauce needs to be thicker than wallpaper paste and at least an inch thick. The chicken needs to be pounded within an inch of its life so it does not resemble any part of a chicken. And finally there is no garlic sauce.

Chips look good thoughĀ 

2/5

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Pot Noodle sandwiches. Please tell me someone on Twitter is taking the piss. Surely they aren't actually a thing?

Ā 

I've done it and it was alright. Leave enough noodle juice to soak into the bread and its quite the treat.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is the chicken always breaded? Can I just buy a breaded chicken breast from Asda and smother it in white sauce and cheese?

Yes. Thatā€™s what the majority of the take aways do.

• Paid Members

So, being very time poor, at lunchtime today, I optedĀ for the microwaveable burger and chips we received as a substitute item, but could not be arsed to return.

If thatĀ sentence hasn't already repulsed you, it looked like what I can only describe as a monkeys brain which had been flattened and grilled using a Corby trouser press.

20210322_124233.jpg