Members SuperBacon Posted July 2, 2020 Members Posted July 2, 2020 Just now, Chest Rockwell said: It didn't work out for them, but I remember the burgers being decent. I'd happily give them a go if they're anywhere near me. All I remember is they came in silver foil. Are they square? Hounslow was a graveyard of fallen chains: Star Burger, Wendys, Spudulike, Sbarro (home to SuperBacons Mum and Dad agreeing to divorce, fact fans) Look at this utter slag!!! Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted July 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2020 I think they had a Wendys at the Vue Cinema in Leicester. Quote
Paid Members ElCece Posted July 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 2, 2020 I could never eat at a Wendy's because I used to have a colleague called Wendy who used to whip the bosses packed lunch out the fridge fart on it and put it back in. Rightly or wrongly that's how they approach food preparation in my mind. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2020 Wendy’s was flopping in the states, so the pulled out of their international expansion. At the time they had about 3 in the West End and pretty packed. They built a drive thru about a month before they decided to pull out the UK and McDonalds bought that and some of the other UK sites. going to the states, my first stop would be Wendy’s and it’s the only place I miss now being a vegetarian Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted July 3, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 3, 2020 I definitely recall going to a Wendy's in Wood Green when I was at school, I believe bits a New Look now. I remember thinking it was pretty average but I was also a child so who knows how accurate that was. Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted July 3, 2020 Posted July 3, 2020 I've only been to Bradford twice (twenty years ago) but both times I did the first place I went was Wendy's, I remember the square burgers being amazing, but I had been drinking in the train both times so I'm not sure how accurate my opinion of them is Quote
Moderators neil Posted July 3, 2020 Moderators Posted July 3, 2020 Ah, Wendy's. My first experience was at the Shaftesbury Ave location in London. God it was incredible that first burger, so much better than McDonalds or Burger King. Visiting that place turned into a every weekend trip for me. In fact moving to the US was partially inspired by the fact there are Wendy's everywhere. Not that I go that much these days, but its still the best burger fast food you can get. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 27, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2020 On 10/6/2017 at 4:49 PM, Thunderplex said: Had a chat with a girl I worked with a couple of years ago about quorn. She loved it as it was a wonderful substitute for meat. I explained to her it was still meat, and the quorn is a genetically bred brainless animal that comprises of a round body, no legs, no eyes or ears, just a mouth and an anus. They are grown for 2 years, at which time they are euthanised by inserting a finger into both the mouth and the anus at the same time, suffocating it. In despair, she contacted PETA. This was the same girl I had the haggis discussion with. Bless. This is also a post that deserves all the likes. Snapback and up vote. Also the haggis one. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted July 27, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2020 6 hours ago, Carbomb said: This is also a post that deserves all the likes. Snapback and up vote. Also the haggis one. Bless ya! I’ve done the same story to several other people since. Three ended up in tears of sadness. Quote
Paid Members ElCece Posted July 27, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 27, 2020 (edited) I had a vacant bloke at work ask what cows drink when/if we milk them dry and I reassured him that they can smell their own hormones in milk so won't drink their own milk only other cows. He seemed happy with that explanation but I took even greater delight when I had this tidbit fedback to me by another colleague a couple of days later. Edited July 27, 2020 by ElCece Quote
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted July 28, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2020 56 minutes ago, Ralphy said: Heron foods now do 18 potato waffles for £1, they taste like birds eye ones and are gluten free, result! Would gluten free waffles count as #EATCLEAN? Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted July 28, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2020 Dip them in batter and deep fry them, you’ll be back on track. Quote
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted August 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2020 A beautiful encapsulation of multicultural Britain. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted August 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2020 Mixing Britain, India and Cuba. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.