#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

It didn't work out for them, but I remember the burgers being decent. I'd happily give them a go if they're anywhere near me.

All I remember is they came in silver foil. Are they square?

Hounslow was a graveyard of fallen chains: Star Burger, Wendys, Spudulike, Sbarro (home to SuperBacons Mum and Dad agreeing to divorce, fact fans)

Look at this utter slag!!! 2825-medium-US-en.jpg

• Paid Members

I could never eat at a Wendy's because I used to have a colleague called Wendy who used to whip the bosses packed lunch out the fridge fart on it and put it back in.

Rightly or wrongly that's how they approach food preparation in my mind.

• Paid Members

Wendy’s was flopping in the states, so the pulled out of their international expansion. At the time they had about 3 in the West End and pretty packed. They built a drive thru about a month before they decided to pull out the UK and McDonalds bought that and some of the other UK sites.

going to the states, my first stop would be Wendy’s and it’s the only place I miss now being a vegetarian 

• Paid Members

I definitely recall going to a Wendy's in Wood Green when I was at school, I believe bits a New Look now. I remember thinking it was pretty average but I was also a child so who knows how accurate that was. 

• Moderators

Ah, Wendy's. My first experience was at the Shaftesbury Ave location in London. God it was incredible that first burger, so much better than McDonalds or Burger King. Visiting that place turned into a every weekend trip for me.

In fact moving to the US was partially inspired by the fact there are Wendy's everywhere. Not that I go that much these days, but its still the best burger fast food you can get.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 10/6/2017 at 4:49 PM, Thunderplex said:

Had a chat with a girl I worked with a couple of years ago about quorn.  She loved it as it was a wonderful substitute for meat.  I explained to her it was still meat, and the quorn is a genetically bred brainless animal that comprises of a round body, no legs, no eyes or ears, just a mouth and an anus.  They are grown for 2 years, at which time they are euthanised by inserting a finger into both the mouth and the anus at the same time, suffocating it.  In despair, she contacted PETA.  This was the same girl I had the haggis discussion with.  Bless.

This is also a post that deserves all the likes. Snapback and up vote. Also the haggis one.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Carbomb said:

This is also a post that deserves all the likes. Snapback and up vote. Also the haggis one.

Bless ya!

I’ve done the same story to several other people since.  Three ended up in tears of sadness.

• Paid Members

I had a vacant bloke at work ask what cows drink when/if we milk them dry and I reassured him that they can smell their own hormones in milk so won't drink their own milk only other cows.  He seemed happy with that explanation but I took even greater delight when I had this tidbit fedback to me by another colleague a couple of days later. 

Edited by ElCece

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Heron foods now do 18 potato waffles for £1, they taste like birds eye ones and are gluten free, result! 

Would gluten free waffles count as #EATCLEAN?