Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

10 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

From what I recall Velocity was often main evented by a cruiserweight match no agent thought about beyond "you've got 8 minutes", so often had the odd fun little match. It had a few one shots too at one point didn't it? Didn't Bryan, joe, Loki and others turn up to make noble, Kidman or tajiri look good, or am I thinking of heat?

Edit: I might even be thinking of metal, where even just Joe was a star.

Low Ki was a semi-regular on Metal in 2000/1 wrestled Essa Rios a few times, Crash Holly twice, a tag match against Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn and even Raven the once.  Samoa Joe wrestled Essa Rios too.  A whole host of Indie names would show up on Metal back then, the likes of Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Donovan Morgan, Scoot Andrews, Chad Collyer, Shawn 'Hotstuff' Hernandez etc.

I used to love watching Velocity, because I was a massive fan of the cruiserweights between 2002 and 05. 

Some belters I remember were a really good Jamie Noble/Rey Mysterio match, the Akio/Paul London series, a surly Hardcore Holly/Kurt Angle match, Benoit/Regal and a four-way between Rey, Kidman, Nunzio and Akio. 

Yeah, Velocity was a proper little smart mark niche around 2002-2003 that'd usually be part of your weekly WWE intake back in the day.

The house that Shannon Moore built. 

16 hours ago, Tommy! said:

From what I recall Velocity was often main evented by a cruiserweight match no agent thought about beyond "you've got 8 minutes", so often had the odd fun little match. It had a few one shots too at one point didn't it? Didn't Bryan, joe, Loki and others turn up to make noble, Kidman or tajiri look good, or am I thinking of heat?

Edit: I might even be thinking of metal, where even just Joe was a star.

I remember Crowbar showing up on Velocity once and just thinking how out of place he looked, even though it was only two or three years after WCW closed.

The Broken Skull Session with Kurt Angle is great. 

Most of it is looking at Angle's first WWE run and Kurt is very open and honest about things. A lot of familiar ground but some really cool stories and details I hadn't heard before, too. 

It's clear at the end that he now sees himself as an ex-WWE guy and he really wasn't pleased with his comeback. Loved going into the Hall of Fame but is obviously gutted he didn't get to wrestle more, wasn't fussed about being made GM and obviously wanted a different sendoff to the Corbin match. 

Interesting that they spend a lot of time talking about how good he was and what a great career he had but Kurt himself was surprised to get the Hall of Fame and even more so to headline it. 

Well worth checking out. It's an hour and forty five minutes but it's a breeze to either watch or listen to. 

• Paid Members
On 9/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, Statto said:

As well as all the Paul London/Akio/Noble etc goodness on Velocity, there was also the wonderful period where Ernest Miller was on commentary.

Velocity was great for the occasional appearance of an Indy guy as others have stated but my favourite was Matt Hardy V1 wrestling an unsigned Paul London, and giving him a competitive match, far more give and take than most enhancement matches. Really good fun.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Velocity was great for the occasional appearance of an Indy guy as others have stated but my favourite was Matt Hardy V1 wrestling an unsigned Paul London, and giving him a competitive match, far more give and take than most enhancement matches. Really good fun.

There's a similarly good Perry Saturn vs Paul London match out there (on Metal, not Velocity) from probably a year or so before that.