Best things to watch on the network?

16 hours ago, Tommy! said:

From what I recall Velocity was often main evented by a cruiserweight match no agent thought about beyond "you've got 8 minutes", so often had the odd fun little match. It had a few one shots too at one point didn't it? Didn't Bryan, joe, Loki and others turn up to make noble, Kidman or tajiri look good, or am I thinking of heat?

Edit: I might even be thinking of metal, where even just Joe was a star.

I remember Crowbar showing up on Velocity once and just thinking how out of place he looked, even though it was only two or three years after WCW closed.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Edge's WWE 24 is probably the best Network content ever. It's surely impossible to sit through it and not see the wonderful side of this silly business.   

WM 30. Give the rest the Benoit treatment.

Posted Images

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Statto said:

there was also the wonderful period where Ernest Miller was on commentary.

This and a semi-regular dose of Kanyon kept me watching through 2003.

C.W. Anderson randomly popping up to have a cracker with Spike Dudley is everything a C-show should be.

The episodes of Velocity going up today are just random episodes it seems, rather than any kind of chronological selection.

I guess for a show with no real storylines it doesn't really matter, but seems like an odd decision to have made.

The Broken Skull Session with Kurt Angle is great. 

Most of it is looking at Angle's first WWE run and Kurt is very open and honest about things. A lot of familiar ground but some really cool stories and details I hadn't heard before, too. 

It's clear at the end that he now sees himself as an ex-WWE guy and he really wasn't pleased with his comeback. Loved going into the Hall of Fame but is obviously gutted he didn't get to wrestle more, wasn't fussed about being made GM and obviously wanted a different sendoff to the Corbin match. 

Interesting that they spend a lot of time talking about how good he was and what a great career he had but Kurt himself was surprised to get the Hall of Fame and even more so to headline it. 

Well worth checking out. It's an hour and forty five minutes but it's a breeze to either watch or listen to. 

• Paid Members
On 9/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, Statto said:

As well as all the Paul London/Akio/Noble etc goodness on Velocity, there was also the wonderful period where Ernest Miller was on commentary.

Velocity was great for the occasional appearance of an Indy guy as others have stated but my favourite was Matt Hardy V1 wrestling an unsigned Paul London, and giving him a competitive match, far more give and take than most enhancement matches. Really good fun.

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Velocity was great for the occasional appearance of an Indy guy as others have stated but my favourite was Matt Hardy V1 wrestling an unsigned Paul London, and giving him a competitive match, far more give and take than most enhancement matches. Really good fun.

There's a similarly good Perry Saturn vs Paul London match out there (on Metal, not Velocity) from probably a year or so before that.

These Timeline things are fantastic. I thought at a glance they'd feature full matches too and be one of those playlists it'd take a full day to get through but the 40 min to hour format of them is a perfect blend of match clips, promos etc. Some less obvious stuff too. The Owen/Bret one - the best of the bunch - features plenty of interview clips of the pair not just from Raw but the smaller little shows they'd have had around that time. Wrestling Challenge or what have you. 

They're just so much fun. A way to watch back feuds you've seen a million times in a way that still feels sort of new. The aforementioned Bret/Owen collection was the best hour I've spent watching wrestling all year. I was just giddy like a kid. As others have said the Savage/Flair one is great too. The Rock's Nation run is an excellent example of the kind of future ones they should be doing, too. Prominent feuds - but they've not gone for Rock/Austin. That doesn't need to be chronicled again. 

• 1 month later...

Lana's WWE Chronicle. 

Again - and this has been said ad nauseam - I'm now immediately at least somewhat invested in a character in a way their TV has not accomplished to date. Was there anything earth shattering in it? No. But it does that wonderful job of conveying the human behind the character. That mad idea that even if someone has the worst, most meaningless match on the card, it was still a huge deal for them to have to walk down the ramp. 

You take that from these docs and hopefully never see them quite as passively again. Which is something TV angles never do. 

This opinion was formed after five minutes of the thing too, by the way. Not only can you definitely squeeze this on to a Raw, you can use it to sell the Network!

Then she has to clearly refer to her husband as 'the person I was on the road with' - no shit - and you realise again the rotten moral discrepancy between wanting to follow these people and potentially propping up the shitehouses they work for. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Yeah I definitely care more about Lana now than I ever have. Its such a unique thing to see someone genuinely reacting to their tweets and stuff like that. Does make you look at things a bit differently.

I definitely respect her and her work ethic. She knows she isn't going to be the best but she does want to work and be better. It must be such a tough thing to deal with - wanting to go out there and entertain but not really being able to.