Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

9 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I watched the 2018 Dean Ambrose Chronicle documentary and I was surprised by how bleak it was.

Dean is going through the events around the end of his time with WWE and spends the whole thing grumpy and confused spouting half formed deep thoughts about how shit and painful life is.

Normally these comeback profiles are inspirational stories but I loved this one for being so diffetent in tone, it's the most downbeat thing they've done that wasn't about someone dead.

Yeah I remember how utterly miserable it was. Talk about writing on the wall. He came across as somebody who'd find it very hard to let his guard down at that time, and who was probably heavily persuaded to let the crew follow him. 

Along similar lines, the 24 they done on Goldberg two or three years back wasn't too aww, wrestling's lovely. He just came off as a proper joyless professional. Jittery about his bit, paranoid about it looking right and constantly moping to the camera about how he wasn't really enjoying things with the pressure on. I love Bill, but Bill works better without a behind the scenes. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

9 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I watched the 2018 Dean Ambrose Chronicle documentary and I was surprised by how bleak it was.

Dean is going through the events around the end of his time with WWE and spends the whole thing grumpy and confused spouting half formed deep thoughts about how shit and painful life is.

Normally these comeback profiles are inspirational stories but I loved this one for being so diffetent in tone, it's the most downbeat thing they've done that wasn't about someone dead.

Thought the Ambrose chronical was really good, its almost a worked shoot scenario in best way possible.

The character and real life guy feel the same frustrations, you can see when he returns he's no b.s. and has a chip which leads to turn.

Art imitating life or vice versa.

Moxley needs to get back to that size, he looked the part, now he's gone a bit 2017 ambrose.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 5/12/2020 at 4:27 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

Along similar lines, the 24 they done on Goldberg two or three years back wasn't too aww, wrestling's lovely. He just came off as a proper joyless professional. Jittery about his bit, paranoid about it looking right and constantly moping to the camera about how he wasn't really enjoying things with the pressure on. I love Bill, but Bill works better without a behind the scenes. 

I hated the Goldberg one. Put me right off him, the miserable twat. Being paid millions to do the bare minimum and moaning constantly about the pressure. Like before his match he was so stressed...he only had to do two fucking moves in it. Additionally he never stops going on about how he wants his son to see him wrestle and be the hero and the whole time his son seems completely uninterested. Even when his Dad wins he doesn't look like he gives a shit.

Goldberg is so fascinating to watch, everything he does is needlessly stressful to him or mentioning his age, how hard and monotonous working out is, 24, Chronicle and On the day of are great snippets into his brain, he seems to need constant validation.

No wonder guys like Nash, Hall and Hogan got in his head and made him a paranoid wreck in wcw

Edited by The Cutting Edge
Spelling

• 2 months later...

Xavier Woods and Tyler Breeze have started watching ECW from the start together on twitch on Mondays. It's really cool to see two current guys' jokes and comments on this old stuff, as well as 'talking shop', as it were. They're also predicting the finish of each match and awarding points based on how close they are.

I wonder how long it will be til WWE cotton on to what they're doing and put a stop to it, or steal the idea to put on their own version. Because it's tremendous fun. Breeze's reaction to Sandman originally being a surfer gimmick and that's why he's called The Sandman has been a particular highlight, Only thing is you have to catch it live, because they've restricted the VODs to subscribers. The last time they did this was 5pm on Monday, so maybe it will be a weekly thing.

Couple of clips: https://www.twitch.tv/austincreed/clip/EagerCrowdedShrewHotPokket
https://www.twitch.tv/austincreed/clip/TransparentDependableClipsdadThunBeast

If anyone's interested, I'll post a link here when they're live.

so weird seeing icw shows on the wwe network, music appears untouched on the wwe side, one or two things i noticed so far was the sound from the chair shot to the head was muted and grados entrance was edited out and exit edited out including the line "like a virgin"

Had a skim of the indie stuff that went up at the weekend. The Progress show seems to be lifted directly from their own OnDemand so I imagine that will get shut down eventually.

Watched wXw Ambition 11 and got bored part way through. I’ll watch more stuff as it’s added because I know that this was a particular type of tournament and not indicative of what the promotion usually puts on.

The 24 on this year's WrestleMania is out. They've got a five minute cut of Braun's history and story that makes him more than pretty much anything he's ever done on TV. How do they keep doing this? 

Miz and Big E’s exchange on Talking Smack is worth seeking out, pretty intense and gives you an idea on where Big E’s head is at right now.

Kayla Braxton is a terrible host mind, Miz was fantastic as usual so hopefully he stays instead of Xavier but we’ll see.

Edited by Doog

5 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The 24 on this year's WrestleMania is out. They've got a five minute cut of Braun's history and story that makes him more than pretty much anything he's ever done on TV. How do they keep doing this? 

Couldn't agree more. Have never seen much of anything in Braun, even when it seemed cool to like him. But WOW, he showed so much to like as a real human being. I get it, it's easy to discuss and show emotion when it's real life happenings that you lived through but damn, surely this could have been manipulated into a character.

But hey, modern WWE. A company who are so out of touch that they make their 1995 output look like cutting edge, storyline masterpieces.

Couple more bits added to the ‘Independents’ section:

ICW Shug’s House Party 5 - Day 1 (WALTER V BT Gunn, Lionheart v Jackie Polo), Progress: Chapter 77- Pumpkin Spice Progress (WALTER v Zack Sabre Jr), EVOLVE 125 (Kyle O’Reily v an alleged nonce), WXW Toronto (WALTER v Daisuke Sekimoto, Timothy Thatcher v Yuki Ishikawa)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

As with the previous one on Bret and Owen Hart's 1993-94 feud, the new episode of Timeline (WWE Network) covering Christian vs Randy Orton is thoroughly entertaining. Can't be many better storylines from the past decade. It's episodic, logical, slow-burning and satisfying, elevating the stock of both guys and getting a load of feature matches out of them, with changing dynamics throughout. 

• Paid Members

The Timeline they've just put up from The Rock's debut through his joining the Nation and becoming leader is a fun watch. One of my favourite periods to look back on. Rock's growth is incredible but Faarooq is brilliant throughout it. "Get yo ass back here, boy" is one of my favourite lines of all the times. Bonus, it's free content.

Thanks to @AshC, I watched the Christian/Orton Timeline too which is also very good.