Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

9 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

The Evolution episode was probably the best one, because everyone mostly told the truth and the behind-the-scenes stuff was interesting. The first one was typical WWE narrative stuff - of course the World Wildlife Fund for Nature lawsuit had nothing to do with the name change - and the Brock one was a major letdown. 

I found that both baffling and fascinating. It points to some embarrassingly fragile egos, or at the very least the fear that they might exist.

WWE documentaries have essentially become the wrestling equivalent of North Korean state news in recent years, it’s bizarre.

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

WWE documentaries have essentially become the wrestling equivalent of North Korean state news in recent years, it’s bizarre.

They've always been that way. You only have to look at the difference in the DVD releases for the Warrior pre and post HOF/Death. The company line is king.

10 hours ago, DCW said:

Yeah, Gewirtz comes across as a fairly rational & likeable lad during the episodes, the complete opposite of that wanker Prichard and his big jelly neck. I loved the unseen footage of Orton acting his age backstage, and was hoping for more of that type of stuff as opposed to the usual WWE shite we've ended up with. I also would have loved an in depth episode on the mini revival Smackdown underwent in late 2002 with the rise of the likes of Edge, Matt Hardy, Mysterio, Eddie, Cena, Brock etc.

Is the FCW show worth a gander?

Yes, it's an easy watch and there's some fun stories in there. Loved everyone playing the 'back in my day, before NXT...' card when it was, like, 2010. I get what they're saying, but it's not exactly the 70's is it? 

I thought the last episode of the Ruthless Aggression series was alright. Still covered a lot of the same ground as other episodes but I really do enjoy seeing all the backstage and b-roll footage they have from that era. 

Speaking of which, that clip of Undertaker supposedly throwing a tizzy backstage in the season two trailer has got me excited, but I know it'll be just like that episode of WWE 24 when Lesnar through the belt at Vince and he called him an asshole. 

10 hours ago, DCW said:

Yeah, Gewirtz comes across as a fairly rational & likeable lad during the episodes, the complete opposite of that wanker Prichard and his big jelly neck. I loved the unseen footage of Orton acting his age backstage, and was hoping for more of that type of stuff as opposed to the usual WWE shite we've ended up with. I also would have loved an in depth episode on the mini revival Smackdown underwent in late 2002 with the rise of the likes of Edge, Matt Hardy, Mysterio, Eddie, Cena, Brock etc.

They've done this on the last episode. It's a decent watch. Better than most of the rest of the first season. As said above it's got quite a lot of backstage footage in it, of the kind you don't normally see much of in that era. The whole angle of Raw being turgid and Smackdown being on fire has been covered plenty in podcasts etc by the writers but it was nice to see them acknowledge it in a WWE production so openly. Funny too that any time this stuff was being said, the Raw example was Triple H going around out of shape with the big gold belt, although they never mentioned him by name as a factor in anything, or even by association with his box office failures with the likes of Steiner and Nash. 

The clip of Undertaker chucking the chair is from when Flair drafted him to Raw.

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
On 3/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, DCW said:

I just watched & enjoyed it. Nice little chunk of footage of one time UKFF favourite Nick Rogers.

It made me a bit sad about Leo Kruger though. Such a great gimmick - although I enjoyed Adam Rose, for a bit.

Likewise, made me sad about non-spooky powers, just a creepy cult leader Bray Wyatt.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the FCW documentary but it was weird the way it all was so recent but it was presented with exactly the same level of nostalgia as when they do a documentary on wrestling from the 70s or 80s.

Uplifting music playing while Charlotte and Big E talk with a tear in their eyes about how it was such a different time back then.... in 2011. 

Just watched a few matches from the Big Event 86'. 

Rougeaus vs Dream Team was fair though the heat went on way too long. What the fuck is up with the shit referee? Perhaps the shittest I have ever seen in my entire time of watching wrestling in any promotion! He counts SO slowly, easily 2-3 seconds between each count - putting his hand under the shoulders between each to make sure they are down - then at the end dismisses this for a count with normal cadence. AGH. He is slow, pudgy and as Monsoon says "lethargic". In asking is someone gave up he just flapped his hands around above his head, standing almost upright without being anywhere near the wrestler's head. 

Has anyone got a worse example of a referee? It was astoundingly shit. 

I've been watching each series of Tough Enough in order.

I am nearing the end of Season 3 (which has been very good) and one of the kids did a phenomenal rib.

Details are below...

Jonah is a bit of a practical joker, but at one point he gets legitimately hurt in training and has to get looked at in hospital.

The doctor gives him the all clear, just needs to take some medication and training can continue as normal. He then heads back to training and puts on a bandage around his head and a neck brace before having the medic help him walk in to "say his goodbyes".

He tells the group how much he loves them all and has most of them crying before making the genius move of asking them all to tell him how much they will miss him before he leaves.

It gets super emotional but he doesn't break character once and does the big reveal perfectly. I loved it.

Edited by dopper

Yeah Breaking Ground was the true Tough Enough successor, not all those wank ones they did from about 2004 on when they clearly weren't invested much in it anymore. Fondly remember hating Tino 'Look I has no aptitude or personality for this, but it was my bro's dream" Sabbatelli. Also the talent relations guy was actually called Canyon Ceman, which is the most WWE name for an on air personality you could possibly generate.