Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Boy

Best things to watch on the network?

Having not watched it yet, does it sound like he's done? Seems mad for him to go out on a random tag match on a B show but by that same token that was probably his best match in years.

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Having not watched it yet, does it sound like he's done? Seems mad for him to go out on a random tag match on a B show but by that same token that was probably his best match in years.

Not really. He talks about having "more matches behind him than ahead of him", and admits that he gets easily talked into coming back, and trusts other people to tell him when he's done. 

I found it really interesting. Not much in the way of new information, but hearing Undertaker and Steve Austin just chatting about calling spots and whatnot is instantly compelling. I'm surprised by what a naturally engaging, chatty presence he was for someone who doesn't do a lot of interviews. Them talking about doing hokey comedy spots on house shows was not something I expected!

There's some interesting insight into how he approaches the character - whether it was all accurate at the time or looking back with hindsight, I don't know, but it barely matters - and it's really the first time I've got the impression of Undertaker as a wrestling fan, I don't think I've ever heard him talk about growing up watching it, or getting nervous working with Dusty Rhodes or Ric Flair, and so on.

He got noticeably emotional and teary eyed talking about the streak ending, too.

There's definitely more than enough scope for another - they barely scratch the surface of what he's done in WWE and, like so many Austin podcasts, you get the impression Austin could gladly talk for days about working Memphis and Dallas, and only begrudgingly talks WWE when he has to. But I love all that.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Nah. He is aware his body can't take much more but he admitted he constantly has the urge to have another go to see if he's still got it in him. I think it will probably be Vince's call, in truth. Taker joked he's retired 15 times but he gets that phone call and Vince gets him to give it another go. It will probably continue that way until Vince suddenly realises it's done.

3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

At this point, realistically, what should be Undertaker's last match? 

WM 30. Give the rest the Benoit treatment.

48 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

WM 30. Give the rest the Benoit treatment.

You want them to murder the families of all of his opponents since 2014? Bit harsh. 

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

That's the thing he mentioned, he's had at least a couple of perfect outs but Vince just phones him again. It may end up going that way until something awful happens.

Realistically, he should put The Fiend over at 'Mania and call it there. If he needs another big match.

Edited by ColinBollocks

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

As said above, vs the Fiend at Mania for the title would be my choice, not under that horrible red lighting either.

It probably wouldn't be a classic by any means, but anything to stop them going down the obvious route of Fiend/Roman for the belt at Mania which it is obviously going to be.

I really don't want Undertaker to go out to The Fiend, because that gimmick has a short shelf life, and I don't see Bray Wyatt as a career top guy. You want whoever beats him to be a made man, not jobbing in the midcard in a year's time.

Either that, or just something more of a showcase to bring things full circle. It would be a dog-shit match, but I'd rather see his last match be against Kane just to round off their story than against someone that won't capitalise on it. 

Edited by BomberPat

Next year, The Greatest Survivor Series.

Team WWE: Undertaker, Kane, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan vs Team WCW: Goldberg, Sting, Flair, Hall and Nash

Just watched Sting's Last Stand on the Network and he mentions a potential Undertaker match.

I'd be watching that through my fingers terrified for them both.

The thing is nobody should really be asking him to put over people or have a good match at this stage. I don't really think anyone is really going to gain anything from beating him now anyway, a lot of that credibility is over and chances are the quality of the match will diminish the winner in the eyes of most of the audience anyway, and with the roster they have they shouldn't need to rely on him to carry the show in terms of quality matches. 

Just let him come in, do his entrance, hit a chokeslam, stick his tongue out and go home. He gets paid, the fans get to see the entrance and it becomes part of the legacy and tradition. I know someone will moan about him destroying the young guys but it's not like they don't have guys on the roster that they don't really have plans for. 

Can we not just have one Sting/Taker stare down? That's it. I don't need a match at all. I just want to see them in the ring. It was like when he squared off against Goldberg in that Rumble. It was great, I didn't need a match.

Having watched all of the interview now, it was really good. Taker was engaged and engaging enough that the youknows weren't as offensive, and Austin was in his element. I'd love to see them have another one. It's up there with the best wrestling interviews ever done, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Having watched all of the interview now, it was really good. Taker was engaged and engaging enough that the youknows weren't as offensive, and Austin was in his element. I'd love to see them have another one. It's up there with the best wrestling interviews ever done, in my opinion.

It was indeed very good. Everything they covered was spot on, and was caught off be his candid approach. I do think they wasted it as a one parter though. I’d have loved him to chat more about Bearer, some of the shit they did when filming the vignettes and I wanted him to touch a bit more on specific matches. 
For all it was good, there’s sooo much more they could add, without any of it being filler. Here’s hoping they do something else in the future, and fingers crossed we find out what he ordered from Nando’s.