Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

The thing is nobody should really be asking him to put over people or have a good match at this stage. I don't really think anyone is really going to gain anything from beating him now anyway, a lot of that credibility is over and chances are the quality of the match will diminish the winner in the eyes of most of the audience anyway, and with the roster they have they shouldn't need to rely on him to carry the show in terms of quality matches. 

Just let him come in, do his entrance, hit a chokeslam, stick his tongue out and go home. He gets paid, the fans get to see the entrance and it becomes part of the legacy and tradition. I know someone will moan about him destroying the young guys but it's not like they don't have guys on the roster that they don't really have plans for. 

Having watched all of the interview now, it was really good. Taker was engaged and engaging enough that the youknows weren't as offensive, and Austin was in his element. I'd love to see them have another one. It's up there with the best wrestling interviews ever done, in my opinion.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Having watched all of the interview now, it was really good. Taker was engaged and engaging enough that the youknows weren't as offensive, and Austin was in his element. I'd love to see them have another one. It's up there with the best wrestling interviews ever done, in my opinion.

It was indeed very good. Everything they covered was spot on, and was caught off be his candid approach. I do think they wasted it as a one parter though. I’d have loved him to chat more about Bearer, some of the shit they did when filming the vignettes and I wanted him to touch a bit more on specific matches. 
For all it was good, there’s sooo much more they could add, without any of it being filler. Here’s hoping they do something else in the future, and fingers crossed we find out what he ordered from Nando’s.

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It was indeed very good. Everything they covered was spot on, and was caught off be his candid approach. I do think they wasted it as a one parter though. I’d have loved him to chat more about Bearer, some of the shit they did when filming the vignettes and I wanted him to touch a bit more on specific matches. 
For all it was good, there’s sooo much more they could add, without any of it being filler. Here’s hoping they do something else in the future, and fingers crossed we find out what he ordered from Nando’s.

Yeah, it feels like a missed opportunity not just doing a full series with the two of them. I can’t think of anyone else who wouldn’t be a letdown of a guest for the next episode after Taker. Someone could put a cucumber on the desk as well.

The bits about both of them meeting with and interacting with Vince are subtly brilliant. "Is this the Undertaker?" "Uh... Yeah. Sure. This is the Undertaker." It was a shame they didn't go into detail about the behind the scenes photos they showed of Undi, because I'd love to know how much of whose ideas were in the final terrifying product. I also loved Undi talking about having to fight his work rate instincts to get the character over. There's a lesson there for all the younguns. Imagine a WWE show agented by the old main eventers rather than workhorses like Malenko or goofs with high-placed friends like Road Dogg.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Imagine a WWE show agented by the old main eventers rather than workhorses like Malenko or goofs with high-placed friends like Road Dogg.

I can only imagine it would be glorious to some extent. Dream world stuff and I’d be all for it, but the reality is that the old main eventers don’t need the work and WWE couldn’t justify the pay cheque for a none-on screen personality. They aren’t selling high levels of merch from a booking position. One off pay days for a mania appearance would eclipse the average agents yearly wage, so said main events can rely on that annual phone call. Those work horses & mates still have bills to pay and won’t walk off if stressed from Vince. 
Vince isn’t going to get away with bollocking Taker in front of his peers.

I watched the new Trish Stratus WWE 24 this week. Top documentary, touched on her start in the business moving from valet to wrester etc …. I knew she retired young but didn't realise it was only 30 years old, got to respect her reasons has to why.

so what do people see as Trish's legacy?, I think she is one of the best ever women there has been and was a brilliant valet/manager as well. She no doubt along with Lita inspired many of the women we see today and paved the path for them

so yeah good little watch people 

On 12/2/2019 at 9:35 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Watched that Starrcade thing. Ric Flair’s face looks like that one sweet potato in the supermarket that nobody wants to buy. He’s absolutely fucked, isn’t he?

Aye he's finished. His speech is all slurred as well.

Painful watching a lot of these pensioners be rolled out constantly.

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaEB5wQ45A0

Ruthless Aggression doc landing this Sunday. Should be a decent watch. They've touched on it plenty, obviously, but I don't think it's ever been covered solely on its own merit as an acknowledged time period. Don't expect to learn too much new, but should be interesting to get an official angle on it. 

2 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaEB5wQ45A0

Ruthless Aggression doc landing this Sunday. Should be a decent watch. They've touched on it plenty, obviously, but I don't think it's ever been covered solely on its own merit as an acknowledged time period. Don't expect to learn too much new, but should be interesting to get an official angle on it. 

It’s a 5 part series by the looks of it, akin to the Monday Night Wars series, first two parts air Sunday and Monday with the rest of it airing weekly on a Monday