Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

First ep was a tad disappointing to me, it dealt more with the Invasion Era than the RA itself. It ends with Vince using the Ruthless Aggression line talking to the roster, and then Cena nicking it in his debut against Angle a couple of days later, whereas I thought the series would essentially start there. Including the first Draft and Austin/Rock leaving made sense though.

2 hours ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

First ep was a tad disappointing to me, it dealt more with the Invasion Era than the RA itself. It ends with Vince using the Ruthless Aggression line talking to the roster, and then Cena nicking it in his debut against Angle a couple of days later, whereas I thought the series would essentially start there. Including the first Draft and Austin/Rock leaving made sense though.

I know what you mean, but from a set-up perspective it did give a lot more importance to the turn-over at that time and what was going on in the industry, so it made sense to do it I think.

Looking forward to the rest of it now they can get fully into that era.

Ruthless Agression was good. You're always expecting one whacky history rewrite with these things, though, and they didn't dissapoint. Framing the invasion and pre draft days as the worst of it, business picking up again once they split the rosters and got the F out whilst Triple H and Undertaker  bravely held the fort etc. 

In reality other than international business- which they simply done more of- the houses and ratings kept sliding through 2002, 2003, 2004. 

Guy is the definition of autopilot. In my brief spell gunning through Something to Wrestle he never once came off like a bright creative spark. Everything is "Well hell we ah, we tried it you know. Some things work some things don't and ah, can't get 'em all the time."

He might be one of the most consistent sources for mundanity in the biz ever. Seems to just rise to the occasion during wilderness years to do proper holding pattern "They'll tune in anyway" booking. 

I don't mean to shit on him completely because he's produced years of TV I've enjoyed, too, but he's the guy I picture more so than Vince or Kevin Dunn when ruminating on that curious trait about the franchise we all follow whereby it's generally accepted that it's only ever good about 20% of the time. 

Some of the old boys done very well for themselves when you consider that most of them would be chucked out of any writers workshop in the world. Let alone give off the impression they even read in their spare time. That's indicative of what a peculiar creative niche wrestling really is, I suppose. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Going to be interesting to see how they approach certain bits. I saw Sheamus in a thumbnail for that doco, makes sense as he's a big success story. But wasn't 2011-2012 FCW pretty heavily featured around a big Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose rivalry? They won't want to mention Ambrose- they've gone to the petty lengths of editing commentary about him out of Shield footage, among other minor omissions from certain things. But in this case, leaving Ambrose out means they pretty much have to leave Rollins out, and he might be the biggest current name to come from FCW.

Another great Broken Skull with Big Show. Some interesting points. Show not knowing who he was or what he wanted to achieve for the first 5 years was amazing to hear, given how I would have expected him to have had a clear vision given his size and ability. Having wrestled I can totally see how he found himself doing random stuff in the ring when he first started out, not knowing what to do!