Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

They've also uploaded a few of non-televised WWE Title matches, which is the kind of shit I love, just because it's something different. 

First one is Undertaker vs British Bulldog from 30.11.91 in Canada.

is that Takers only defence of the title between Survivors and Tuesday in Texas? 

41 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

is that Takers only defence of the title between Survivors and Tuesday in Texas? 

Might be the only one that was filmed, but he had 3 House Show defences against Bulldog (Ottawa, Hamilton and London Ontario) and one match against Barry Horowitz on Wrestling Challenge  before This Tuesday in Texas.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

4 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

First one is Undertaker vs British Bulldog from 30.11.91 in Canada. Second is Triple H vs Randy Orton from Birmingham in '08 (Zzzzzzzzzzzz). Third is Balor vs Joe vs Zayn from one of those NXT house shows they ran a few years back.

Which house show? I went to the one in Cardiff where this was the main event.

I’d love to see some of the post-raw stuff that’s happened. Especially during the Austin/Rock era.

I was at Rebellion 2001 and remember the pair of them being insanely great together off air. I’m sure they recorded it all.

They released a DVD of some bits a few years back didn’t they?

5 hours ago, Mat said:

I’d love to see some of the post-raw stuff that’s happened. Especially during the Austin/Rock era.

I was at Rebellion 2001 and remember the pair of them being insanely great together off air. I’m sure they recorded it all.

They released a DVD of some bits a few years back didn’t they?

Yep called Best of Raw After The Show, was for a short while going for £5 in HMV, don’t know if that’s still the case

42 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Yep called Best of Raw After The Show, was for a short while going for £5 in HMV, don’t know if that’s still the case

Can see Music Magpie have it on eBay for £4. Rather tempting!

Does anyone have any idea if we're ever likely to see any of the "lost" Royal Rumbles added to the network? 

That's about the only thing that would make me subscribe to the Network again, even though I'm sure I'd be disappointed. 

Watched the February 7th 2000 episode of Raw last night and, fuck me, what a belter it is. 

It's the one from Dallas with the incredible DX & Radicalz vs Cactus, Rock & Too Cool ten-man at the end. I'd never watched it the whole way through, despite having seen the ten-man a bunch of times. 

Opening promo with the Radicalz turn and setting up HHH/Foley at the Cell wasgreat and the crowd are super into it (as they are for everything all night). Foley was superb here, showing real emotion and basically selling everyone on how important the match is. 

Usual decent match between the Outlaws and E&D, with Billy bumping his arse off and the Dudleys being absolute dicks on commentary. 

Hilarious Kurt Angle promo - fucking hell he got good quick - followed by a short and sweet match between him and Henry. Ends with Mae Young taking an Olympic Slam like a champion. We all know where this was leading...

APA and the Hollies having a short hardcore tag  next and you really start to get a sense of what a good variety show WWE programming was back then. It's just goofy fun, with most of the 'match' taking place in the concession stand. Big Viscera waddles over at the finish, flips and falls right on his arse. 

He gets up quickly though and has an IC Title match with Jericho next. Absolutely all of over the place. Jericho nearly decapitates himself on the top rope in the opening seconds. APA and the Hollies run in later and Ron Simmons does the same. Weird. 

Luna and Jacqueline then have a short but fiesty match, after which Gangrel hits this SWEET Impaler: 

Video package on new arrival Tazz (which was effective) followed by a classic Rock promo. All of the catchphrases, taking the piss out of Kevin Kelly, further setting up the main event and his match with Big Show at the next PPV. 

Dudleys against Godfather and D-Lo Brown (remember that pairing?) next. Short and inoffensive and did the job of getting the Dudleys and the 3D over. 

Then the main event, with an absolutely molten crowd and just full-on, nonstop action. Everyone is on during this and it really is one of the best matches in Raw history. At ten minutes long, it doesn't outstay its welcome, either. Even better than I remembered. 

Then to cap it all off we have the return of Kane and the reappearance of Paul Bearer. A great hook to close on. 

This is an all-timer IMO and you should give it a look if you haven't in a while. Perfect antidote to today's 3-hour bores.