Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

I'm not a big Undertaker fan, but I thought it was a decent interview. I mean, Stone Cold is brilliant at these when he's got someone interesting and willing to engage, and 'Taker was relaxed and honest.

The most interesting part, for me, was 'Taker discussing the last few years with his failing body and knowing when to pack it in. He even brings up that Goldberg match.

• Paid Members

This was really his first proper interview ever. He did the ones with the vicar, but he was sort of talking like he was narrating a trainee instruction video on that one. The vicar didnt know what the fuck was up, so Taker was explaining shit to him. And he other few, like the Off the Record one, he was sort of laid back and in his "grrrr, I'm a biker" thing. Here, its the first time I've really seen him chatting away to someone who he is friends with. It was good to see.

The most interesting part is him opening up about how there's some matches where he's felt he's stayed to long. He almost seems to regret coming back after laying the hat down.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, it's a really good interview and I hope there is a part two somewhere down the line. 

Austin really is the best at these, isn't he? You can tell he's still a genuine fan of the business and he enjoys sitting around and shooting the shit as much as the next guy. Really intrigued to see who they get for future episodes. I reckon a Punk one could be pretty tasty. 

Enjoyed the interview but they did barely scratch the surface.

Never spoke about any of his title wins, Mick Foley, The Ministry, if ending the Streak was the right thing to do to name a few big topics.

Enjoyed that Austin pointed out a few times it would've been good to walk away. Deep down he knows he's went on too long.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Having not watched it yet, does it sound like he's done? Seems mad for him to go out on a random tag match on a B show but by that same token that was probably his best match in years.

Not really. He talks about having "more matches behind him than ahead of him", and admits that he gets easily talked into coming back, and trusts other people to tell him when he's done. 

I found it really interesting. Not much in the way of new information, but hearing Undertaker and Steve Austin just chatting about calling spots and whatnot is instantly compelling. I'm surprised by what a naturally engaging, chatty presence he was for someone who doesn't do a lot of interviews. Them talking about doing hokey comedy spots on house shows was not something I expected!

There's some interesting insight into how he approaches the character - whether it was all accurate at the time or looking back with hindsight, I don't know, but it barely matters - and it's really the first time I've got the impression of Undertaker as a wrestling fan, I don't think I've ever heard him talk about growing up watching it, or getting nervous working with Dusty Rhodes or Ric Flair, and so on.

He got noticeably emotional and teary eyed talking about the streak ending, too.

There's definitely more than enough scope for another - they barely scratch the surface of what he's done in WWE and, like so many Austin podcasts, you get the impression Austin could gladly talk for days about working Memphis and Dallas, and only begrudgingly talks WWE when he has to. But I love all that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Having not watched it yet, does it sound like he's done? Seems mad for him to go out on a random tag match on a B show but by that same token that was probably his best match in years.

Nah. He is aware his body can't take much more but he admitted he constantly has the urge to have another go to see if he's still got it in him. I think it will probably be Vince's call, in truth. Taker joked he's retired 15 times but he gets that phone call and Vince gets him to give it another go. It will probably continue that way until Vince suddenly realises it's done.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

At this point, realistically, what should be Undertaker's last match? 

That's the thing he mentioned, he's had at least a couple of perfect outs but Vince just phones him again. It may end up going that way until something awful happens.

Realistically, he should put The Fiend over at 'Mania and call it there. If he needs another big match.

Edited by ColinBollocks

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

At this point, realistically, what should be Undertaker's last match? 

As said above, vs the Fiend at Mania for the title would be my choice, not under that horrible red lighting either.

It probably wouldn't be a classic by any means, but anything to stop them going down the obvious route of Fiend/Roman for the belt at Mania which it is obviously going to be.

• Paid Members

I really don't want Undertaker to go out to The Fiend, because that gimmick has a short shelf life, and I don't see Bray Wyatt as a career top guy. You want whoever beats him to be a made man, not jobbing in the midcard in a year's time.

Either that, or just something more of a showcase to bring things full circle. It would be a dog-shit match, but I'd rather see his last match be against Kane just to round off their story than against someone that won't capitalise on it. 

Edited by BomberPat