Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

21 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

It's funny - somebody on the creative team who was working very high up when the brand split was in its first year (2016) said to a friend of mine that Shane McMahon would constantly call them up, trying to pitch "the worst fucking ideas you've ever heard".

Did he pitch that Wrestlemania match with Taker coz that was pretty fucking bad.

• Paid Members

They’re terrified of Conrad, is the gist of most of the comments I’ve seen.

There’s an event planned for Starrcast with Bret & Magee discussing the match. But AFAIK, it was never announced that the match would actually be SHOWN during that, and I think the woman who found the copy flat out squashed the rumour she’d given/sold the tape to Conrad.

It’s an odd concept regardless - Magee has presumably been booked to show up with the expectation of him talking about how dreadful he was?

Edit: seems I’m out of date & the most recent stories suggest WWE had agreed to the match being shown at the event as something of a makeweight for pulling Angle & Taker from the convention.

Edited by Statto
I was wrong.

To be honest if you were going to Starrcast to watch an old bootleg match from the 80s alone you're probably a very strange individual. It's probably better that people actually watch the match on the network and the supposed documentary about it to have interest for that panel. I would say having some "pre-watching" will make it a more engaging experience. 

The Andre The Giant documentary that HBO put out last year has been added to the network. It’s tucked away in the ‘Original Specials’ with its release date as 10/4/2018, so doesn’t show up as the most recent addition

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 2 weeks later...

The Ronda documentary is a prime example of why I'd ever struggle to cancel the Network, despite the current weekly product being pretty underwhelming.

I am a sucker for backstage insight and I thought they did a great job of not only showing Ronda's passion and love for the business going back years, but also the respect she has for it and not wanting to just come in and take over without earning it. She seems very humble in some ways, although I suppose they wouldn't want to make a documentary of her being a complete dick, so let's take the edit for what it is.

Anyway, in terms of seeing the magnitude of what she went through and her desire to lift the division up as a whole, it's a really enjoyable piece. And the majority of people backstage genuinely seemed to appreciate her and her work ethic and wanting to be a PART of it all - way beyond just her MMA buddies and Heyman etc. 

• 3 weeks later...