Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

It didn't have a great length of time as THE top belt, especially since the World Heavyweight Championship was introduced a little while after, but I absolutely adore that 2002-2005 WWE Title design. I actually like it more than either of the eagle variants. They're all very nice, but I prefer the later version. Maybe because I was watching more at the time, and also it'll forever be associated in my head with two of my favourite things- Brock's amazing 2002-2004 run, and Eddie finally winning the big one by beating him at No Way Out.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the newest episode of Untold about the Triple H / Mick Foley feud from 99/00 and thought it was really good.

I genuinely could not remember that bump Foley took through the top of the cage and through the ring.

Edited by Winston

1 hour ago, Winston said:

Watched the newest episode of Untold about the Triple H / Mick Foley feud from 99/00 and thought it was really good.

I genuinely could not remember that bump Foley took through the top of the cage and through the ring.

Yeah, good watch. Another one of those things that reminds you that wrestling is totally worth it at its best. 

Untold has slowly turned from short, simple little bits and pieces into a full blown documentary series. 

Been watching some of the WWE PPV's from 2004 and recently watched Backlash, which was from Canada and featured the Wrestlemania rematch between Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit.

Throughout the show, Jerry Lawler is indicating that Benoit is a flash in the pan and has no chance in the rematch. Benoit's wife, Nancy is in the crowd and during the main even event Benoit is being slapped around in the corner by Triple H and Lawler remarks "I wonder if Benoit's wife has ever seen him choke before?"...

With the amount of edit's in the Network classic content, I am surprised that remark has remained.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:52 PM, Gay as FOOK said:

Yeah, good watch. Another one of those things that reminds you that wrestling is totally worth it at its best. 

Untold has slowly turned from short, simple little bits and pieces into a full blown documentary series. 

I love the little details, like Steph saying it was the first time H had properly kissed her, during his rumble entrance. Same with how he got the nasty leg injury, which I'd never really noticed either. 

On 5/4/2020 at 12:58 PM, Winston said:

Great show, speaking of the bump through the cell, Triple H speaks about Foley lighting the bat as being the perfect “distraction” before the backdrop.

Got me thinking, the panel concerned must have been “gimmicked”, isn’t that a bit of a risk, what if either of them had lost their bearings up there and stood on that panel?

Either that or whilst the camera was on Foley, Triple H took out a toolbox, a brew and some sandwiches and did some bolt snipping the crafty bugger.

That Hell In a Cell is probably a little underappreciated. It's second fiddle to everything. The cell match with Undertaker, The Rumble match with Triple H and Foley's own stipulation breaking, dull return for WrestleMania the next month. It's really well put together and tells a fantastic story. As a kid I had No Way Out on tape but not King of the Ring so I convinced myself it was the better match. It's nowhere near the same earnest spectacle, granted, but there's something to be said for how much it gets better in terms of looking dangerous without posting multiple mortal risks to Mick's life. It's a professional job. 

3 hours ago, Project Nim said:

Great show, speaking of the bump through the cell, Triple H speaks about Foley lighting the bat as being the perfect “distraction” before the backdrop.

Got me thinking, the panel concerned must have been “gimmicked”, isn’t that a bit of a risk, what if either of them had lost their bearings up there and stood on that panel?

Either that or whilst the camera was on Foley, Triple H took out a toolbox, a brew and some sandwiches and did some bolt snipping the crafty bugger.

I caught that comment too, so I watched HHH while Foley did his bit, you can see him tearing at the mesh on the roof on the Cell while everyone's going "ooh fire!"

I thought that comment meant he was distracting the fans from the ring techs rearranging the ring boards so the bump could go ahead as planned. Surely there were a couple guys under the ring moving stuff around once the cell got busted and they went out. The cell panel itself could easily have been held together with zip ties as there would have been no weight on it until Foley hit it on his bump. 

• Paid Members

I thought he just meant it was a distraction of focus like a misdirection so no one could possibly telegraph the cell bump spot because they thought something would happen with the fire. In any case I don't think HHH was up there tearing the cell open with his bare hands.

• Paid Members

I watched the 2018 Dean Ambrose Chronicle documentary and I was surprised by how bleak it was.

Dean is going through the events around the end of his time with WWE and spends the whole thing grumpy and confused spouting half formed deep thoughts about how shit and painful life is.

Normally these comeback profiles are inspirational stories but I loved this one for being so diffetent in tone, it's the most downbeat thing they've done that wasn't about someone dead.