Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Boy

Best things to watch on the network?

1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Cena is up with Rock and Hogan for me, above Austin even.

You're talking crazy now, man.

It might be old news, apologies if so, but just noticed a load of 1993 Superstars episodes have appeared!

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

It might be old news, apologies if so, but just noticed a load of 1993 Superstars episodes have appeared!

Ooh, lovely. I don't think they put it on their new additions list so I don't think I'd have spotted that. I'm all for more of these kind of shows being added. I feel like I know most of the Raw and Nitro stuff like the back of my hand. I tend to have stuff on in the background when I work so I genuinely get far more excited when a new batch of Heat or Superstars goes up. 

I'm finally going back and watching the Ultimate Submission match from Backlash 2001.

Benoit the wrestler was phenomenal, and had it not been for Benoit the person he and Angle could have been that generation's Steamboat and Flair. Their title match at the Royal Rumble was incredible as well. 

I think Heyman's commentary makes it even better than it was. I always rated him when he replaced Lawler. He kept JR on his toes as well. 

14 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm finally going back and watching the Ultimate Submission match from Backlash 2001.

Benoit the wrestler was phenomenal, and had it not been for Benoit the person he and Angle could have been that generation's Steamboat and Flair. Their title match at the Royal Rumble was incredible as well. 

I think Heyman's commentary makes it even better than it was. I always rated him when he replaced Lawler. He kept JR on his toes as well. 

Is it any good watching it back?

I remember at the time thinking it was a right snooze fest, I don't think I have ever watched it back since it happened.

Any combination of Benoit/Angle/Jericho always got my attention. They're quite difficult to watch back, but I remember them being some of my all time favourites.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Any combination of Benoit/Angle/Jericho always got my attention. They're quite difficult to watch back, but I remember them being some of my all time favourites.

The toughest one to watch is the ladder match at the 2001 Royal Rumble. That spot where Benoit dives through the ropes and Jericho swats him out of the air with the chair is brutal. It was bad enough to watch at the time, but given the alleged state his brain was in when they did the autopsy it's even more harrowing.

Angle/Benoit at Royal Rumble for me is an absolute blinder. They were so good in the ring together.

As a side note, I rewatched the triple threat from Vengence 2002 - ROCK / UNDERTAKER / ANGLE. What a great Triple Threat match. Probably up there with the best of all time for execution. Also that big old belt is so so hot.

9 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Angle/Benoit at Royal Rumble for me is an absolute blinder. They were so good in the ring together.

As a side note, I rewatched the triple threat from Vengence 2002 - ROCK / UNDERTAKER / ANGLE. What a great Triple Threat match. Probably up there with the best of all time for execution. Also that big old belt is so so hot.

That big old belt appears to have found its way to the prop department for the Big Show Show. 

It didn't have a great length of time as THE top belt, especially since the World Heavyweight Championship was introduced a little while after, but I absolutely adore that 2002-2005 WWE Title design. I actually like it more than either of the eagle variants. They're all very nice, but I prefer the later version. Maybe because I was watching more at the time, and also it'll forever be associated in my head with two of my favourite things- Brock's amazing 2002-2004 run, and Eddie finally winning the big one by beating him at No Way Out.

They’re nice, but they’re not the big gold belt. The massive main part and huge side plates, you didn’t see much of the leather strap itself, nothing says Champion like dripping in gold.

Watched the newest episode of Untold about the Triple H / Mick Foley feud from 99/00 and thought it was really good.

I genuinely could not remember that bump Foley took through the top of the cage and through the ring.

Edited by Winston