Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

35 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

I'd be happy for them to stop altogether.

Only reason I'm subscribing is for classic content and original stuff like the dociumentaries and Broken Skull Sessions etc. 

Going from regular old show dumps and Hidden Gems to getting The Best of Flippy McKickpads in Some Shite British Company and The Bump has been depressing to see. 

It hasn't been a replacement though. There's plenty of classic content and documentaries etc as well as the "modern indie shite". If you don't like that, just ignore it.

Just now, DavidB6937 said:

It hasn't been a replacement though. There's plenty of classic content and documentaries etc as well as the "modern indie shite". If you don't like that, just ignore it.

I dunno. They stopped Hidden Gems and the classic content seems to come less frequently. 

I don't think there was a dump for the month of December, was there? November was a few episodes of Superstars from 1993. Other months this year have been similar, small batches, whereas in the past they would add a lot more at a time. 

The documentaries are good and, as I've said many times, will keep me subscribing. 

It's hard to ignore the new indie stuff when every time I log in it's usually there on the homepage and there's usually a lot more of it than anything else 'recently added'. 

I understand there's a market for it and they own the content or whatever, but it has appears to have taken a precedent in recent times. 

Maybe I'm just bitter because they said the second part of the Ruthless Aggression series would be uploaded this autumn and it hasn't, though. 

Wasn’t there some more Prime Time Wrestling added recently too?

I get your saying though @SaitoRyo. Some subscribe for the old stuff, some for the new, others will watch a mixture of both. It’s all a balancing act of having of having something for everyone.

Some people, myself included, couldn’t give a shit about The Bump of that podcast thing with Sam WhatsHisFace, but some people do and that’s fine. Likewise, some people won’t care one iota about whether or not there’s near 40 year old episodes of Mid-South on there.

You're absolutely right, @WyattSheepMask. 

I get that I'm an almost 30-year-old lapsed fan who keeps up with the product out of habit and would rather watch stuff from before the 2010s but that there are others who want to watch newer stuff and are intrigued by promotions they might not have heard of before, like Progress and WXW. 

To each their own, I just felt as though there had been a shift in focus recently and decided this was as good a place as any to have a moan about it. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to watch some Mid-Atlantic...

The trouble is, that shift in focus is only going to have been done in response to the viewing habits of the subscribers. 

If they upload Evolve and Progress shows every week and no one watches them, they're probably going to stop doing it pretty quickly.

If people were watching the classic content as much as the new stuff then they'd probably upload more of that, but as hard as it is for us to believe, the classic content is not watched as much as the new stuff.

More of a WWE Network issue, but not sure of a better place to put it.

Watching some "classic" content yesterday and today, trying to justify keeping the network, and before every single video there's the same 17 second advert for last night's TLC event.

I know it's available to watch, but I'm not going to. Also, it is available to me at no cost, it's not as if they are trying to get me to part with any money. All it does is irritate me, and remind me how much I hate Michael Cole's commentary. If you're going to put ads at the start of every video, at least have a few and mix them up FFS.

Superstars 1993 though. I'm all for that.

I was hopeful when the rumoured tiered section finally come to the Network, one option would be an increase in classic content.

Realise it is subjective, but I would sooner pay extra for classic content with the newer content uploaded on a 30 day delay basis than just having 10 or so episodes of something classic being uploaded every month.

22 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

I was hopeful when the rumoured tiered section finally come to the Network, one option would be an increase in classic content.

Realise it is subjective, but I would sooner pay extra for classic content with the newer content uploaded on a 30 day delay basis than just having 10 or so episodes of something classic being uploaded every month.

Yeah I totally agree I'm glad there putting up superstars from 93 I'm looking forward to the 94 superstars as I feel it was a good year and it brings back memories of watch it as a kid I've watched the entire 1994 RAWS and ppvs on the network but willinf to rewatch them with superstars of that era

I love the early Superstars episodes too. My only issue I have with the uploads is that they seem to be focusing on a time frame ('93 onwards) where we already have Raw to fill in the gaps between the PPV's. Would like some of the TV content to be from the early 90's.

Other than that, all classic content is good content in my book

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

I love the early Superstars episodes too. My only issue I have with the uploads is that they seem to be focusing on a time frame ('93 onwards) where we already have Raw to fill in the gaps between the PPV's. Would like some of the TV content to be from the early 90's.

The syndicated shows still matter in 1993. There are plenty of matches and angles and promos that weren't on Raw. Been watching Superstars 1993 myself on DVD. Its great stuff. 1993 might be my favourite year after 1997. Not even joking.

Tons of 1991 Superstars on YouTube if you're looking for it.