The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Was Austin a free agent in the original draft? I honestly can't remember. My hazy memory thought him and nWo were the top picks for Raw, with Rock and Taker the top draws for Smackdown.

Austin was a free agent (he had done a mini-tantrum and left for a week or two, a couple of months before his big tantrum, so he wasn't there on draft night).

Undertaker was drafted to Raw. He moved to Smackdown after his title run in the summer.

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

Didnt they pull something similar with The Undertaker earlier this year after he had given his motivational speech on Smackdown in November

They did, but seeing as The Undertaker has been part time for the last few years and wasn't included in the original draft, I find that acceptable. He appeared on Smackdown and told them that if they didn't win the Survivors match that there would be hell to pay, seeing as Smackdown won he had no real reason to appear there again and freed him up for his fued with Roman.

All that needed to happen was for Cole or someone say that after Wrestlemania Cena's Smackdown contract expired so he is now back as a free agent. Very simple.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Hang on, didn't the draft take place before he fucked off? He left just before KOTR and this draft happened just after Mania, didn't it?

8 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Yeah, the ball-taking etc. had nothing to do with the draft, it was at least a couple of months afterwards.

I might have got the wrong incident but I'm certain it was because they weren't sure Austin was coming back.

• Paid Members

I'm really hoping they don't go with Cena vs Reigns at Summerslam. It's basically the only Wrestlemania worthy match that they have left. I'm hoping it's Reigns saying he'll take on the winner of Brock/Joe at Summerslam. Personally, I'm hoping they are planning for Reigns/Cena and Brock/Braun as their Wrestlemania plans...which means they're probably not.

11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'm really hoping they don't go with Cena vs Reigns at Summerslam. It's basically the only Wrestlemania worthy match that they have left. I'm hoping it's Reigns saying he'll take on the winner of Brock/Joe at Summerslam. Personally, I'm hoping they are planning for Reigns/Cena and Brock/Braun as their Wrestlemania plans...which means they're probably not.

It looks like they are planning Brock/Braun for Summerslam, if Braun is fit by then.

Yeah, Austin left for two weeks after Mania because he was pissed off with what was going on with the NWO and his own direction.

I have a funny little story from that - at the time I had my own shitty little geocities website, no big deal. Just a 15 year old having fun writing about wrestling. A guy I'd known online for a couple of years, but dipped in and out of the chat services of the day (Yahoo Messenger, specifically) far less frequently in 2002, would talk to me about what was going on in the WWF, both big fans, of course. I had his name on the website here and there as he'd contributed interesting factoids about what was happening that I hadn't seen anywhere else on the net. Cool, I thought, he might be getting one of these newsletters I am hearing about a lot. 

I wrote on the site about Austin leaving for two weeks because he was frustrated about the booking and what was going on with the NWO. And this friend of mine went absolutely bonkers, telling me it wasn't true, he was gone for two weeks because he was burned out, needed to rest up, and was given time off. He added that I absolutely had to take his name off the website as long as that story was on it, and repeatedly stressed he had two weeks off because he was burned out. About three months later, he went back on this, and told me I was right.

Years later, I discover that this gentlemen, who I think was named Cerith Roberts, was actually on the WWF creative team at the time of Austin's walkout, hence the aggro. Knocked me for six.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

No clue. He wasn't working there when I first knew him, thats for sure. A mutual friend had told me that he'd gotten a job with them, but I assumed it was internet bullshit. You know, everyone has a Ferrari and a mansion and a supermodel girlfriend. Then years later I'm reading old newsletters and his name was slapped right there as somebody who'd left or been fired. I still don't know what to think of it.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Raw started off great, Lesnar and Joe felt hot as fuck and really comforted my fears of how they may have went about booking the program. Joe got right in Lesnar's face and gave him hell, which will only make Brock even madder. This is going to be a hell of a match. 

The rest of Raw was completely forgettable though. They did a good job of making the tag title feel important throughout the show, and then the match didn't deliver. Other than that, the Miz/Ambrose, Bray/Rollins stuff was nonsense, and I repeatedly fell asleep through the Enzo/Cass/Show/Anderson and Gallws stuff. The Women's parts were skipped, and I didn't actually notice the Reigns declaration of an announcement. Balor getting a good video package was a nice touch. 

Strange you should mention that Liam as a few years prior to that I ran a geocities e-fed and would often talk on msn to one of the guys, i never knew his real name, but...

The night before Judgment Day 2000 his character 'cut a promo' on the efed that was exactly how The Undertaker would return for real just hours later. Even down to the minute he returned, the little girls playing ring around a rosie leading into the kid rock music, the look, the bike, everything.

I never heard from him again after that.