The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

When he can be arsed, Brock really does make his opponents look like a million bucks doesn't he? Turning beetroot for Joe, throwing himself around the ring for Show a few years back and the way he sold the spear for Goldberg. He's fucking great, Brock is. 

15 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

When he can be arsed, Brock really does make his opponents look like a million bucks doesn't he? Turning beetroot for Joe, throwing himself around the ring for Show a few years back and the way he sold the spear for Goldberg. He's fucking great, Brock is. 

Brock's post UFC run in WWE is incredible. Shits all over his boring run-scared-from-Eddie-Guerrero stint between 02 and 04.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Fast forwarded the Miz TV section as I had no idea who the guests were and cared even less, then I read one of them dropped the 'N-Bomb' - what a fucking idiot! Who were these clowns anyway?

In a nutshell - LaVar Ball is a VERY minor former American Football player (played over here for the London Monarchs back in the day) who has somehow risen to notoriety recently by obnoxiously claiming that his 3 sons are better at basketball than Steph Curry, LeBron James & Michael Jordan. Not will be one day, are right now.

The eldest son, Lonzo, clearly is half decent as he's just been drafted second overall by the Lakers. The other two kids are still in high school & their teams are coached by their dad, who basically acts like Homer when he's Bart's coach. His kids never pass, don't play defence, shoot terribly from half court etc.

Based on all this, they've started "Big Baller Brand" which is a range of utterly hideous $500 dollar basketball shoes, with the logic being that one day his kids will be worth billions in shoe endorsements, so rather than end up sharing most of that money with Nike like Jordan does, they've already got it all in house.

TL;DR version - the current flavour of the month social media jackass.

The guy was actually funny as fuck though, he had some lines, although he did keep talking over people. Really fun segment, albeit a massive mess. The kid dropping the n-word was class tbh, it's not like he's trying to get a job, he's just goofing off. Good on WWE for capitalising on something current for once 

Edited by sj5522

1 hour ago, Statto said:

The eldest son, Lonzo, clearly is half decent as he's just been drafted second overall by the Lakers. The other two kids are still in high school & their teams are coached by their dad, who basically acts like Homer when he's Bart's coach. His kids never pass, don't play defence, shoot terribly from half court etc.

Don't know about the younger two but Lonzo is a hell of a passer, very unselfish player who brings players into the game. While his technique is unorthodox, he's got a pretty decent 3pt record. A lot of comparisons to Jason Kidd. While his Dad is certainly brash (he's basically a hype man for his kids) I think Lonzo has every chance of succeeding, he's a perfect fit for the Lakers.

4 minutes ago, Krytie 2X4B 523P said:

Don't know about the younger two but Lonzo is a hell of a passer, very unselfish player who brings players into the game. While his technique is unorthodox, he's got a pretty decent 3pt record. A lot of comparisons to Jason Kidd. While his Dad is certainly brash (he's basically a hype man for his kids) I think Lonzo has every chance of succeeding, he's a perfect fit for the Lakers.

Yeah - that's it.

Let's turn this into a fucking basketball discussion. 

I really enjoyed the Enzo big Cass stuff. However reading the "newz" sites and hearing it may be a short feud I was hoping they would drag out a will they won't they split a little longer or even have Cass say "sorry I smashed you in but I'm going my own way now" amd leave it at that. Mainly as that would be different rather than good booking

• Paid Members

I thought this was another good show this week. The Strowman/Reigns, Enzo/Cass and Brock/Joe angles were all anywhere between very good and great. With three angles that good it can't be anything other than a pretty good week for the Red brand. 

Goldust "beatdown" of Truth was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. The tamest ass kicking that has ever been dished out. The wrong week for that to happen as well with everything else that was going on. 

As for The Miz segment and those Basketball wankers, that was dreadful stuff. It wasn't even in the so bad that it's good territory. That was the worst part of the show, though certainly didn't hurt my enjoyment of the rest of it. 

Absolutley agree with the above post, Goldusts beatdown of R-Truth was incredibly flat. I expected alot more considering the weeks of build-up.

I was hoping for a return of the robe and the wig during his entrance and i wish he would get rid of the black neck paint but thats me nit picking.

The Miztv was awful and I cant stand these segments with celebrities or sports personalities. Mainly because i have no idea who they are.

Do we always have to have mash up team names? Cant Axel and Bo just be called The Entourage instead of The Miztourage?

Overall though another good Raw with Reigns/Braun, Joe/Brock and Enzo/Cass all being really good segments and certainly kept my interest in them.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Pinc said:

Brock's post UFC run in WWE is incredible. Shits all over his boring run-scared-from-Eddie-Guerrero stint between 02 and 04.

Get out of here. That was his best mic work ever. Jock bully Brock was fucking ace.

It's barely worth an argument because it's like choosing between Dairy Milk and Galaxy but that run was great and his ring work was more entertaining on a consistent basis. Although he's had several matches this time better than anything he ever did then.

• Paid Members

I miss that era of Brock. Incredible matches- brilliant technical bouts with the Angles and Benoits as well as cracking brawls with the Big Shows and Undertakers. Loved his mic work during his feud with Eddie as well.

I mean, look at this! Gold!

3480488-6658202611-12578.gif

Today's Brock is more boring and over-reliant on Heyman, however he does have a much grander aura about him. He's a bona fide star whereas back then he was 'the next big thing'.

Edited by PunkStep

I think the build on Joe/Brock has been perfect and has got me really excited for the match. It genuinely feels like they want to rip each other apart. So many matches in the multi PPV era lack that impact but they have really done a good job for this one.