The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Aye Mania's a bit shite these days. The length. The weight of expectation. The huge arena. The nackered crowd. Its hard to do anything that really hits the heights.

What would we say was the last great match at WrestleMania? I loved Goldberg/Lesnar this year but I gather it met mixed reviews among people who are wrong about wrestling matches.

Edited by Pinc

• Paid Members
On 2017-5-23 at 3:30 PM, Shy Dad said:

Possible Big Cass turn on Enzo? Isn't Vince a big fan of his, could go down the route of he's tired of Enzo making him look part of a joke and wants out on his own.

Would play into the "you better find out who did this before I do" part, that when Kurt reveals he knows you can have Cass go for the full turn.

Well I'm somewhat proud of calling that one...including Cass feeling that everyone feels Enzo is a joke and wants to not be stood behind him anymore. Liking Graves in this as well, perhaps moving him into being the talker/manager for Cass? WWE seem to be pretty high up on him, what with the non wrestling role he could still do movies for them just as well.

Decent enough three hours in fairness, Joe vs Reigns was great, as was the return of baby Braun which helped set up a great finish and the danger of a Joe submission, setting up for Lesnar vs Strowman at SummerSlam perhaps?

Tag division is so heel heavy I almost expect the Hardys to get the gold back. Hardys and Rhyno/Slater, perhaps the Titus brand if they're working as full face, but then Axel/Dallas, Cesaro/Sheamus, The Club and now The Revival again, having split two face teams in the past month and moving The New Day, have to wonder if people from 205 as they integrate more will get a chance at Tag gold.

Women's division is much better booked than SmackDown's for me, at least its clear who the bad girls are here.

Miz and Ambrose is really take it or leave it, but at least they're trying to layer it with Maryse getting tired of the Miz's act as well, inevitably will be her just helping him out again but at least they're trying to add some fire to it all.

But yeah, not a bad 3 hours of being awake anyway. 

• Paid Members

Corey Graves being the puppet master while Kurt Angle looks fucking stupid is a weird dynamic. Not sure where they are going with this.

Liked the outcome of the angle. The reveal was a bit wet though. Didn't have the OMG aspect of a good heel turn. Crowd seemed to be in to hating on Cass though.

Roman's promo was great. Strowman's return was too. He's still a big clumsy fucker who looks a child and talks lile a meff but you can't help liking him.

Decent pay off to the bear angle. Hopefully Mix will have these two as runners permanently and help them step up a level.

I mean the Big Cass turn was obvious a mile out, but still handled well. Enzo was great in the final segment. I don't think he'll fare well as a solo act, unfortunately, but for me he's way more talented than Cass.

Everything they've done with Samoa Joe has been great.

Fun show.

• Awards Moderator

"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOOOOOOOOU!" 

Great acknowledgement of that line. Braun was superb here, and the perfect way to have a muddy finish to protect Joe and Roman. 

Very pleased for Cass getting killer heat too. Played it very well. 

Was I reading too much into it, or did the atmosphere in the room noticeably change when Seth said 'the truth about Gods is that they only exist in our heads'?

It didn't seem to go down well.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Was I reading too much into it, or did the atmosphere in the room noticeably change when Seth said 'the truth about Gods is that they only exist in our heads'?

It didn't seem to go down well.

Do you know what, I thought exactly the same. Probably not a good line to come out with as a face considering the large % of religious folk in America.

• Paid Members

Agreed, definitely didn't get the desired reaction. It did get me thinking afterwards though, have WWE ever done an openly, even aggressively Atheist character? Obviously there have been loads of religious-ish characters, culturally or in a more linear sense, but I can't recall anyone doing the 'there is no God' thing? Might be forgetting someone really obvious, but given the amount of religious fans in America I wonder how it might do as a heel character. Or would the potential backlash be too risky for WWE?

• Paid Members

Hopefully the Klan burn all their Seth Freaking Rollins t-shirts.

I thought this Raw was one of their better efforts in a while. Not surprising, considering cool stuff actually happened throughout the show - it felt like it deviated (a tiny bit) from the usual. I enjoy the Joe/Reigns dynamic so much and it was a nice touch seeing them mention the Samoa thing between them. Reigns being a bit cocky and giving the crowd something to chew on will never not be tremendous.

Can't say I rate Cass too much, but he did a decent job with his promo. Be interesting to see how he does without the frantic charisma of Enzo by his side. A shame Enzo is probably Santino after this.

Braun is brilliant. Every week he usually curls it in to the top corner, and he was wearing his Predator Mania's last night.

• Paid Members

It felt like there was a concerted effort to add layers to things and put something interesting in every segment this week. Hopefully they can keep it going. 

Joe/Reigns were good in the opening segment and the match, AND they added the Joe/Lesnar hype video near the end of the show, so good job building up the Balls main event. 

I love Elias Samson. The woman interviewer reacting like a person and shrieking when he attacked Balor was a nice detail. 

The tag division can cope with the loss of Enzo and Cass, but I'm not sure the Titus Brand is going to work as a babyface act. 

There was only one Cruiserweight and one women's segment this week, right? More emphasis on the big boys. And storytelling in general. 

Building to another PPV Miz vs Ambrose match without them wrestling every week is working. Miz, Bo & Axel already seems a better idea for a unit than Jinder and the Singh Bros. 

Poor, poor Enzo :(

• Paid Members

Big Cass sure won me over with the things he said. I haven't liked either of them since NXT, particularly Enzo. But the who attacked Enzo storyline has been good and I'm glad they've been split. Enzo getting the shit kicked out of him is always fun.

I did like the idea someone had on here and kinda wish WWE went that route, and that it was someone different attacking him every week because no one likes him. But this works. 

A lot to like this week.

Roman being Roman. Joe getting another win, and a sweet video package to build up the match with Brock. Those aren't used enough for Brock's matches. Braun coming back in hilarious fashion. "Bust out the ambulance, then stand there, raise your arms and scream".

Bray is just painful to witness now. I can only imagine the witty repartee Seth Rollins will have for us in the coming weeks about Kings and Gods, in a feud with all the depth of a bourbon biscuit. Goldust has moonwalked his way into being a better character than Bray in four weeks. He'd still be leagues ahead of Wyatt if the camera pulled back and revealed he was sitting on the toilet the whole time.