The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Anyone seeing them running a Survivor Series 2002 and having Heyman turn on Brock, allowing Joe to win? Can see Joe being a Paul Heyman guy. Probably not, but it might make Brock a bit more interesting for a bit, change up the dynamic.

Na. I can see Heyman being with Lesnar for the duration tbh. Mostly on the insistence of Brock I'm sure lol.

Do wish he'd talk a bit more though. Not talking about long promos, just more little soundbites or something in ring.

I can't stress enough how long I've been waiting for a Joe/Lesnar confrontation. It's always been my dream match. And then Sky Sports goes and crashes the minute the 2 big lugs get in the ring together! 

Sake.

Either way, I'm still erect. From what we saw of it, the whole booking seemed perfect. That super kick made Joe look like the baddest man on the planet.

Fuck you wrestling, I thought I was out.

• Paid Members

This is my last Raw before my notice on Sky Sports runs out so I thought I'd watch it on the telly. Typical that the picture goes just before the big brawl! Didn't miss much and it was a cracking fight. That kick from Joe was brutal and Brock did a great job of looking legitimately pissed. Unless it connected and he was.

I thought it was a good show overall. They're doing a really good job at the moment with some of the underneath talent. Goldust and Truth are cutting great promos. Titus bringing Tozawa into his brand was funny. Enzo accusing Show and Cass's jealousy at show interfering was more good stuff.

Really liked the focus they put on the tag titles being the main event with promos to build it. But what a fucking disaster of a match. Horribly booked. Two early falls that had no drama and then a double count out. Someone wants shooting for this.

Holding off Reigns and building his SummerSlam mach as a major announcement was good. Balor appearing only through an impressive video package was nice too. Made them feel special like Cena. Cena being referred to as "Free Agent" for his SD return was odd. They going for Reigns/Cena at SummerSlam?

Worst feuds on Raw at the moment are Rollins/Wyatt and Ambrose/Miz. Both hideous. Cheesy shit involving disappearing acts and dressing as teddy bears. Ugh.

I was worried when Lesnar came out doing the Brock hop while Heyman spoke for him but after that it was perfect. Joe looks like a complete badass and the brawl was a real treat, I wanted it to go on longer because of course I did. 

Agree with Rick there's some good well written stuff going on, far more attention to detail than there's been in recent times or on Smackdown. The Enzo & Cass who-done-it is still intriguing - loved that you could see The Revival in the background shuffling off. Titus flinging confused Tozawa around is really funny and I'm really looking forward to what Reigns is gonna say next week

The women's stuff (the only thing I think SD has over Raw atm) was not very interesting but it was nice to see Emma back and they're making an effort to keep every member relevant, which I'm glad about as I couldn't take them focusing in on shitty Nia Jax right now 

Unfortunately the Wyatt Rollins stuff was a typical unimaginative Bray feud, just uninteresting bullshit, where Bray calls someone out, says some nonsense and the person responds 'lol what's your issue m8, wanna fight?!?' then Bray turns the lights off and runs away. Then the main event I'd been looking forward to was just anticlimactic as hell

Edited by sj5522

8 minutes ago, zep81 said:

What could Reigns' Summerslam announcement be then next week? Does he get interrupted just before he says something and that sets up his next feud.

As they're now emphasising Cena as a free agent , maybe Roman calls him out next week ?

• Paid Members

All the worry about Joe looking diminutive next to Lesnar was for naught. You forget sometimes how much of tank Joe is and I thought he was tremendous in this. Although, the big brawl with the Job Squad coming out to separate them is starting to get a little old with Lesnar - I think that's the third time they've done it with him (Cena, Taker, Joe, maybe even Triple H). It usually always looks cool, like, but it would be nice if they could come up with something different, although I do understand this exact angle has always worked.

Joe showing no fear of Lesnar is exactly what this feud should be. I hope Joe gets to slap Heyman about again, next week.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Is Lesnar booked to appear on all the Raw's leading up to Great Balls of Fire?

On the subject of Reigns and Cena, I would have thought that Cena would be coming back to fight Jinder at Battleground or Summerslam for the Smackdown title. Not sure who Reigns would then fight at Summerslam though.

2 hours ago, zep81 said:

Oh are they? I did figure they'd hold off on a Cena/Reigns match but I guess needs must and with Summerslam being the second biggest WWE PPV, they might want to stack the card.

There's not necessarily going to be a better time to do it than now. It's the second biggest show of the year (with Reigns seemingly already booked for the next WrestleMania), and there's the momentum from retiring Undertaker. Will Cena even still be popping in two years from now?