The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

According to Chris Jericho, Jimmy Jacobs worked loads with him and Owens on writing their partnership and feud and was the one that came up with The List. I think also I read that he's now the head writer of NXT after Ryan Ward moved to Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Jimmy Jacobs is a writer. From what I understand, he was brought in a year or two back to help book NXT and make it feel more like an "indie" promotion than a WWE product, and has since written for RAW. I haven't heard anything about him being head writer for NXT, though.

I just think he's a great talent that, while an asset to creative, could offer a lot on-screen as well. They've got a ton of people like that. He's not got a lot to offer in-ring at this point, and is tiny by WWE standards, but his size would be a benefit as a manager, throw in an eye-catching look, great mic skills and a creative mind, and I think he'd make a great manager for struggling talent.

Yeah, Adam Pearce used to be an agent for NXT, but got called up to main roster duties after the brand split. Steve Corino's working at the Performance Centre. Perhaps the maddest ex-indie guy they have on staff is R.D. Evans/Archibald Peck, currently writing for Smackdown.

I've been moaning about it for two months but that was a pretty solid show.

Joe is very impressive on the mic. Between him and AJ, you really see the benefits of bringing experienced guys in. Neither are natural talkers, but both have been in high level positions in other companies for so long that they just exude a comfort, confidence and authority that most of the (largely) WWE grown guys don't. (I mean, I guess all I said there was "experience is good!", but it's actually become somewhat rare to get experienced guys who are new to the WWE landscape, so it feels like a bit of a very welcome throwback).

9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I still don't understand what his push was based on, a leather jacket that makes him look like a really uncool Fonz cosplayer?

Is a push ever really "based" on anything other than "we like this bloke, we think he can make us a lot of money"?

• Paid Members

I thought Raw this week was one of the best in a long while. Samoa Joe and Paul Heyman had a great segment, the stuff with Miz, Maryse and Dean ambrose was very well done,  and even Sheamus and Cesaro cut a fresh feeling promo. Goldust and R-Truth getting a little something to sink their teeth into this past while is a big improvement, as are the storylines with Enzo/Cass and Corey Graves/Angle. 

The one good thing as well about Bray Wyatt's shit distraction bit in the main event means that his shitness will be lumped together with Rollins, and won't spread throughout as many segments of the show when they are feuding with each other. 

It still felt very long, but it was more interesting than the majority of the Raw episodes since Mania. 

• Paid Members

I've not watched Raw or WWE in ages as we've had to get rid of us Sky Sports,, but heard what happened Sunday and Monday. I've been hyped at the prospect of Joe Vs LEsnar since Joe turned up in NXT. I'm so bloody excited right now. 

With Heyman last week virtually promising Lesnar's going to get physical, they better not just have him come out with a 'I'm not happy' face whilst Heyman spouts a promo.

Maybe they can have a brawl similar to the Taker/Brock one.

• Paid Members

That would be perfect wouldn't it? But its more likely that Lesnar interrupts a meaningless match, suplexing the lot, calls out Joe who does the standard approach the ring looking to fight then backing down and walking away whilst mouthing 'on my terms'

Edited by Murtz