The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

giphy.gif

Lesnar pretty much got punked twice in this lol. Once from Joe's headbutt, then this kick, which looked like it did hit Brock.

Lesnar also didn't hold back on those clotheslines on the 'security' lol.

As good as the brawl was, wasn't quite as good as the Taker one. But it was a good advancement and it made Joe look fantastic tbh.

Only thing I would have changed is not have such a long Heyman promo beforehand. Because Lesnar once again seemed fine with Joe choking out his manager last week until Joe came down last night and nutted him.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Have they bothered explaining why Cena is suddenly a free agent?

I'm going to guess that they never, ever will. Because reasons.

Shane should be kayfabe furious by this and demand who made this decision, why the top guy on Raw isn't also a free agent etc. But he won't.

Edited by PunkStep

50 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Have they bothered explaining why Cena is suddenly a free agent?

Did they explain why Austin was a free agent in the original draft? Or how exactly Heath Slater's employment situation worked last year? Presumably they just say (or we just assume) Cena's contract expired and he hasn't signed a new one with either show.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Did they explain why Austin was a free agent in the original draft? Or how exactly Heath Slater's employment situation worked last year? Presumably they just say (or we just assume) Cena's contract expired and he hasn't signed a new one with either show.

It still doesn't excuse lazy writing.

No one wanted to choose Heath Slater if I remember right. he just didn't get picked simple as that.

Kayfabe wise they can just say Cena's contract ran out and he's now free to sign with either brand. simples

• Paid Members

Was Austin a free agent in the original draft? I honestly can't remember. My hazy memory thought him and nWo were the top picks for Raw, with Rock and Taker the top draws for Smackdown.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Was Austin a free agent in the original draft? I honestly can't remember. My hazy memory thought him and nWo were the top picks for Raw, with Rock and Taker the top draws for Smackdown.

Yes because he'd "taken his ball and gone home". That made sense. This isn't comparable. Cena was drafted to Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Hang on, didn't the draft take place before he fucked off? He left just before KOTR and this draft happened just after Mania, didn't it?

But I digress, it's still madness that they haven't said why Cena is suddenly a free agent. I doubt anyone will presume it's due to his contract running down. He was very clearly drafted to Smackdown and everyone remembers that.

Yeah, the ball-taking etc. had nothing to do with the draft, it was at least a couple of months afterwards.

Storyline at the time was that Austin's contract stipulated if a draft was to occur, he was to have free agency and choice of which brand to pick. Both Vince and Ric Flair made plays for him and he signed for Flair's RAW.