The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Or the crowd will try and be a bunch of smartarses and give it the Batista/Big Show on ECW treatment of "you both suck!", "change the channel!" etc.

Obviously Cena v Reigns would be fucking enormous to do, and I've no doubt that it would be an absolute blinder of a match. And of course it would usually be a marquee match for Wrestlemania, however if they're hellbent on doing Reigns v Lesnar again at Wrestlemania next year (which appears to still be the plan at the moment), then doing it at Summerslam this year I think would be the best time for it as I don't think they'd be able to do it in 2 years time

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

And of course it would usually be a marquee match for Wrestlemania, however if they're hellbent on doing Reigns v Lesnar again at Wrestlemania next year (which appears to still be the plan at the moment), then doing it at Summerslam this year I think would be the best time for it as I don't think they'd be able to do it in 2 years time

I imagine that's the logic. They never got around to doing Cena/Undertaker (after 2003) because the stars never aligned at Mania. No point saving dream matches for shows that never come.

Only other option I can see is Reigns teasing a Cena announcement to be attacked by Strowman. They continue through summer slam and the rumoured Baylor match happens against lesnar while Cena takes on Jinder. 

Im not sure though they want Cena back but is it going to be to boost a champ or ratings on Raw, the latter of course being more important 

• Paid Members

I'd save Brock VS Braun for another time. Cena VS Reigns is fucking massive on its own (to the point where it's probably the biggest Mania main event they have to hand), so they don't need Brock/Braun on the show. They can have that main event a major ppv down the line.

I'd go with Brock VS Joe II, with the Great Balls of Fire match having a screwy/inconclusive finish.

As for the Smackdown title match, well Styles VS Nakamura would be lovely, but I think that's wishful thinking so soon. At some point it'll happen though.

Reigns teasing Cena but being taken out by Braun would be a nice way to set up their Summerslam match where Roman gets his win back. Plant some seeds for the eventual showdown with Cena. I'm thinking Brock ends up defending against Balor in the Summerslam main in the lead for his inevitable rematch with Reigns at Wrestlemania 34. Maybe you can have Cena vs Reigns at next years Summerslam, or even Wrestlemania. It's certainly a big enough match to headline either occasion. 

• Paid Members

Apparently they're looking to stack Summerslam and make it as big a card as possible, but that does run the risk of watering down Wrestlemania - Cena/Reigns is absolutely the biggest match available to them right now, in terms of people they have on the full-time roster, to do that anywhere but Wrestlemania seems mad; the only way it works to me is if they do it again at Survivor Series, with the rubber match at Wrestlemania, but that raises the question of whether that story would be better than doing it as a First Time Ever at 'Mania. Would either one be the bigger draw?

I'm not as down on Lesnar/Strowman at Summerslam - that could be massive, but if they're going with Reigns/Lesnar at 'Mania, now's absolutely the right time to do it. My worry is that Strowman comes out of it looking like anything other than an absolute monster. He doesn't necessarily need to win, but he does need to look like he could have won. He should be the most protected man on the roster at this point.

Uproxx were even speculating that Kurt Angle/Triple H might happen at Summerslam - surely that's a Mania match?

Lesnar/Strowman, Cena/Reigns & Angle/HHH would be brilliant for Summerslam.

Problem with recent Mania's is that most of the matches are played out in front of complete silence because of the big stadium and being burnt out because the show is too long.

Put them in a real arena of 20,000 or so people and it comes off as a much better atmosphere and helps the matches be more memorable.

That's a Summerslam main event line up to rival any WM tbh. Can't see us getting Angle/HHH just yet tho, seems too soon and it'll probably happen at WM.

I'm not sure they'll do Reigns/Cena yet either. I was thinking they may do Mahal/Cena at SummerSlam. No idea where that leaves Reigns though, esp with his announcement next week.

Edited by zep81

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Van Dammer said:

I still hate that they dont do any kind of outdoor summer event.

Yeah I agree with this. Something along the lines of WrestleMania 31- ok I don't mean a stadium of that size of course, but an open arena/smaller stadium would be cracking. Give it a proper summer feel rather than just another indoor arena. Looking back, that's one of the many great things about SummerSlam 92. And who doesn't love a bit of Bash At The Beach!

2 hours ago, simonworden said:

Angles first match back might be better served at Summer slam. Sometimes something can be lost at mania these days with massive arenas and rushed cards. In a smaller setting it might seem a better spectacle. 

I agree with that. sometimes outside of the main event the rest of the card can seem a bit rushed and forgetful. plus the longer you wait, the more chance of it not happening exists.