The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Was it Booker making those weird grunt noises on commentary now and again? If anyone else noticed.

Some bloke flipping the bird towards Miz when Ambrose was talking lol too.

Raw is death for me at the minute. My favourite part by far was that Tracy's lusty looks towards that boyfriend character the whole time he was talking and then her, "who me!?" surprise when he said he wanted to be with her. Neville was alright too. Apart from that it was a real struggle.

Strange show/time at the moment, when you look at the talent involved I can't help but feel we should be hitting at least 7/10 week after week but I struggle to push my enjoyment levels over 6/10 at the moment.

The Bayley/Bliss segment seems to be the major talking point with WWE already pulling it off their YouTube channel and busily erasing it out of existence but like others have said, Bliss did a good job with what she was given and did not let the crowd get to her. The randoms just made me cringe, their 5 minutes of fame destroyed. 

I agree with what others are saying about Rollins. He has a good look about him and has a background to keep indy fans happy but there is just something that does not click. I feel he looks like he could be a superstar but it does not feel like he is a superstar. 

I'm enjoying the Goldust and R-Truth bits just as I am enjoying the Fashion Police on the blue side. Both things I would not have imagined me saying at the start of the year. Same I guess could be said for Elias Sampson.

Currently I am enjoying WWE in the following order 1. NXT 2. Smackdown 3. Raw. Is it any coincidence that is also the shortest show to longest in order?

I think Raw has been loads better than Smackdown since Mania. Fashion Police and Nakamura are the only things that will keep me invested. Raw has more things going on and looks set to have better PPVs too. 

Payback was a hell of a lot better than Backlash, for instance 

• Paid Members

Considering how often WWE hammers home certain plot points, I find it odd that none of the announcers have expressly pushed the fact that on "the one night of the year where WWE goes extreme", The Miz has managed to whine & moan his way to cornering one of WWE's most "hardcore" characters into a stipulation that is the polar opposite of "extreme rules".

Just seems looks like such an obvious story not being told.

• Awards Moderator

Certainly from the view of the YouTube Catch-up Crew that was a tidy Raw. Little events here and there, bit of intrigue, decent matches, great double switch with the Ambrose reveal, and Seth Freaky Rollins looks like a chump. Happy days. 

The Joe/Heyman angle was fantastic, hopefully Brock comes back and goes on a killing spree next week.

Seth Rollins is pretty much done for me now, his tough guy act standing up to Joe was awful and it seems he's now being lumped to the human ball and chain that is Bray Wyatt, and to think 3 years ago The Shield was the hottest thing going

I'm going to wrap my arm around your throat and you're going to feel it tighten. You understand?

Something bad is going to happen to you right now.

Fantastic stuff from Joe. Hopefully they keep this side of him up. Plus I do hope Lesnar comes back hopping mad next week and not just stands there pissed whilst Heyman does all the talking.

Great start though to the feud.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, kickin it wit the kliq said:

Seth Rollins is pretty much done for me now, his tough guy act standing up to Joe was awful and it seems he's now being lumped to the human ball and chain that is Bray Wyatt, and to think 3 years ago The Shield was the hottest thing going

Fuck off, Rollins is the anchor. Poor Bray. Joking aside, Rollins has always been dire. It's no new phenomona. There's not a thing about him that's good.

I'm enjoying the Enzo/Cass and Angle mysteries at the moment. Nice little interplay in both. That and the Goldust/Truth videos back and forth are the best bits about the show. That Reigns/Wyatt match, condensed to 4 minutes, was ace too but that's cheating.

33 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm enjoying the Enzo/Cass and Angle mysteries at the moment. Nice little interplay in both. That and the Goldust/Truth videos back and forth are the best bits about the show. That Reigns/Wyatt match, condensed to 4 minutes, was ace too but that's cheating

It's fantastic to see Raw actually trying with stories now. I'm praying that Angle's story leads to Kurt vs. Triple H at Summerslam, and that he's passed WWE's medicals. Been watching Angle's old matches on the Network the past few days, and fuck he was great.

That first hour of Raw featured one match- and I love the dynamic Reigns and Wyatt have, always feels like they're actually fighting rather than putting on a match, if that makes sense- but all the stories and character interaction made it the best hour of Raw I've seen in a long time. It was capped off by that amazing Samoa Joe/Heyman segment too... after that effort to make Joe stand out from the other victims, surely Brock can't take Joe to Suplex City in a 5 minute squash.

Despite their insistence on using shit PPV names- Great Balls of Fire?- this show gave me hope that Raw is really turning a corner on quality.

No idea why Balor and the Hardys weren't on Raw- they didn't get beat badly enough to miss TV time- but we can't have it all, I guess.

52 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Fuck off, Rollins is the anchor. Poor Bray. Joking aside, Rollins has always been dire. It's no new phenomona. There's not a thing about him that's good.

I'm enjoying the Enzo/Cass and Angle mysteries at the moment. Nice little interplay in both. That and the Goldust/Truth videos back and forth are the best bits about the show. That Reigns/Wyatt match, condensed to 4 minutes, was ace too but that's cheating.

I forgot about the Goldust and R Truth promos, they were excellent again, really enjoying that fued so far

• Paid Members

Joe feels real and legitimately menacing in a way absolutely nobody on the main roster has done in years, it's great. And that's coming from someone who wasn't a fan of his for years, who hates his name, and hates his shitty shorts. A competitive match with Lesnar could make him a star, but I doubt we'll get that.

At best, I think he'll do well enough against Brock purely to move him up the ladder into Strowman's spot as a rival for Reigns. Which I don't have much of a problem with, really, I think those two could work some magic together.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

At best, I think he'll do well enough against Brock purely to move him up the ladder into Strowman's spot as a rival for Reigns. Which I don't have much of a problem with, really, I think those two could work some magic together.

Did you not see their match on Raw, Joe's main roster debut I think? It was brilliant. They had a cracking little brawl. I'd be well up for a full-blown feud between the two.