The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I've had a busy week so I ended up fast-forwarding through every match so I could get to watching Smackdown faster. It all seemed fairly meh though.

Heyman and Balor was a mixed bag for me. I kinda hated that it (seemingly) telegraphed the ending of the PPV match, but I actually thought the segment was pretty decent on both sides and Finn really needed some promo time on TV. Since he's been back he's been completely bland and lost in the shuffle. At least having Heyman come out to talk him up sends some kind of positive message out there.

Beyond that, when I've watched Raw the past couple of weeks, all I've thought is, "where's Roman?". Obviously he's there, but he's seemed strangely like a bit-part player. I don't know if he's carrying a knock and they don't want to write the show around him while he does, or they're trying to keep their powder dry and give other guys a chance or something, but it's not good either way. Without utilising his star power, Raw feels flat every week.

• Awards Moderator

Everybody back away! It's Cat Crater v scotswizard for the pencil at WWE! IT'S THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE! IT'S THE MATCH MADE IN HELL! I CAN'T WAIT! 

• Paid Members

Interesting use of Graves this week to plant the seeds of a Kurt Angle mystery and to bring Cass into the Who attacked Enzo story. Just a couple of nice little hooks. And this show needs hooks.

The two main events looked excellent even in quick cut form. Hard to really care though.

Even highlighted, that Alex's Bliss segment "Bayley: This is your life" looked worse than eye cancer.

I honestly cannot stand Rollins work. It's hard for me to even put my finger on, he is an absolutely fantastic athlete, no question. To me though he never ever looks like he's in a fight, it's so damn choreographed, and I know a lot of Wrestling is these days but he takes it to another level for my personal taste. He will sort of hit a move then set off running to the ropes for his next move without even looking at where the opponent has fell or what he is doing, he could have fucking rolled 8 foot away as far as Rollins would know as he's running to do his dive.

Just at least respect the fact that you have to go through the motions rather than making it such an obvious gymnastic performance. It's like he does parkour with a bit of Wrestling mixed in.

• Awards Moderator

I cannot get behind Rollins at all. Clearly WWE position him as the next big thing (The Rock next to Roman's Steve Austin, say) but there is simply nothing there. He cannot work heel in the slightest. The comment of "parkour with wrestling" is right, he just wants to hit move after move. I'm astonished really as it's the antithesis of what WWE say they want and what NXT is supposed to drum out of indie talent.

He's on the fast-forward list to me.

• Paid Members

He was appalling as a heel - the only reason he worked in that position at all was that he has the most irritating, whiny voice, that just made you hate him after one of those WWE 20 minute exposition promos. But in-ring? He's meant to be working heel and busting out hope spots and a fucking Phoenix Splash? Knob off.

• Paid Members

On a week with a particularly quiet crowd, Reigns vs Rollins at least got them going for the main event. 

I didn't like the Triple Threat much. The best segment for actually building to the Extreme Rules PPV was the second part of the Aries/Gallagher vs Neville/TJP tag, with Aries extracting a submission out of Neville who sold it as a huge shock and a big blow to his confidence. 

I actually fast forwarded the Bayley This is Your Life segment, and I never fast forward new content usually. I like Alexa Bliss too. All about the lame writing. 

Alexa did the best she could with it and worked with the chants from the crowd well I thought.

Still a horrible segment. I can just see Vince now though....

'Ratings have been in the shitter! What was our highest rated segment ever!?... Mankind and The Rock, This Is Your Life!? Well, dammit, clearly the fans want to see This Is Your Life! Book it!'.

Aye this is the Goldust I've wanted to see for a while!

Hope they don't get relegated to the Kick Off show on Sunday but I fear that is what is going to happen seeing as a match between the two of them hasn't been made official yet and there is no kick off match

Lots of Roman support tonight seemingly, I'm sure it'll be back to seething vitriol at the PPV but worth noting 

Enjoying the Goldust Truth feud, the Drifter and the who-dunnit storyline with Enzo 

My guess is the thing Graves showed Angle is him telling Booker T's wife he wants bestiality sex with her

The Alexa skit was nuts. It was awful but still sort of enjoyable. I laughed when those 2 randoms started snogging anyway. Alexa was excellent throughout, really dragging the best out of some terrible writing. Bliss may be the best woman I've seen on the microphone, can't really think of anybody better. 

I can see them putting Goldust v Truth on the PPV, just won't be in a prominent spot. 

Theyve announced Rich Swann & Sasha Banks v Noam Dar & Alicia Fox which I think looks more likely for the Preshow as I can't see them having that and the Cruiserweight Title match on the PPV