The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

This is the best Raw has been in years. Focused, coherent, babyfaces and heels actually getting the proper reactions. If they shortened it to two hours it'd be a really great show.

Sexy Scotsman though. Christ. They just can't help themselves. I'm reminded of when Triple H turned babyface in 2006 and instantly began wearing a backwards baseball cap. This Drew thing is so close to being brilliant but you can already see the cracks emerging. Hopefully he overcomes it but what a company this is. The worst thing that can happen to your career is being slotted as the top babyface because they immediately start adding these little ticks that they think are likable when they're anything but.

I hope it being in Saudi doesn't demotivate Brock because I reckon he and Ricochet could have a belter together.

Has there ever been a wrestler with such a range of quality in their work as Randy Orton? He can go years being the shittest, most boring, laziest guy in the business, then suddenly flip a switch and feel like one of the greatest of all time. It's incredible.

They're going to pair Goldberg with Corbin. I'm convinced of it.

Edited by Supremo

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

This is the best Raw has been in years. Focused, coherent, babyfaces and heels actually getting the proper reactions.

Agreed.

Almost everything is given time to breathe now and there is a coherence and logic behind most things,

Minor gripe - I don't think they should have had Ruby Riott turn on Liv just a week after the Orton/Edge thing but they are so far off the 'people caring about them' radar it doesn't really matter I suppose.

Angel Garza reminds me so much of a young Eddie Guerrero. It's just the little mannerisms and facial expressions. He's a superstar.

• Paid Members

How do we think Garza and Andrade is going to go once his violation is over? I can't see Vega managing both, can't see them being a tag team and in this consistent Vince looking for a new Hispanic star to appeal to audiences, surely one is going to turn babyface? 

At the same time the idea of Garza vs Andrade vs Rey vs Carillo at WrestleMania is fantastic. That match could be the best on the show. 

• Paid Members

I'm assuming Garza sticks around as a lackey for Andrade, with no real long-term plan beyond that. They clearly see big things in Andrade, so are likely using Garza to further his programmes in his absence so that he's not completely forgotten about. A big gimmick Andrade vs. Rey (maybe even Mask vs. Title or Mask vs. Hair), with Garza and Carillo and/or Dominick as cornermen is my bet.

Good lord. I couldn’t believe what I was watching during that Aleister Black promo 😂. Complete drek. They’ve done a number on this guy.

Really fun show though. Nice debuts and returns, angles ticking along nicely and a lot of characters in the right place. The promos still leave a lot to be desired. Drew, Rhea and Ricochet all lost a little something with some of the lines they were fed, although Ricochet never had it to lose in the first place. Dork. Drew doing the same top babyface promo as everyone else is disheartening but fair play, he charms my pants off and it feels like he’s resonating, for now.

Solid, impactful debut for Angel Garza. Interesting seeing how he works with the handcuffs on. Not the most memorable match with Rey, but Garza’s charisma can’t be denied. You’d think he’s impossible to fuck up. Kudos on them trying to give Humberto a little edge too, he comes off way more credible speaking Spanish. I can totally see Garza stealing all the spotlight from Andrade down the line. Shame the pants spot was so unceremonious!

Asuka/Natalya was a cracking match that felt massively refreshing. I wonder if the extra focus on holds and submissions is them re-conditioning people for Baszler’s arrival? It’s probably time to turn Asuka face again to be fair. There’s zero strong babyfaces, especially with Becky doing this weird trolling thing. Plus face Asuka vs Shayna Baszler could be awesome.

Fucking Ricochet though. Can’t believe I got (mildly) torn down when I said this guy will amount to nothing on the main roster. Another good looking flippy guy with zero personality. I was rooting for Bobby Lashley in this one. Sure, the dude’s at rock bottom, lowest he’s been during a disastrous run. But him vs Brock Lesnar in a battle of big meat is a thousand times more interesting than anything Ricochet will do. 

Not into the new commentary team. That Tom guy is about as insufferable as Micheal Cole. Time to bring Joe back to the booth.

Nice to see Raw on a roll. They filled out those three hours pretty well.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Crowd was good wasn't it?  

Yeah, they should make the crowd battle through a blizzard to get to Raw every week! Really seemed to fire them up.

Setting the over/under on the WWE title match in Saudi at 47 seconds...

There's some potential for some great first time and fresh matches at Mania on the Raw Side. 

Mcintyre and Lesnar

Charlotte and Rhea

Mysterio vs Andrade vs Carrillo vs Garza for the US Title

Black vs Rollins

Owens vs Joe(Can just see this happening) 

Smackdown looks far less promising at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

There's some potential for some great first time and fresh matches at Mania on the Raw Side. 

Mcintyre and Lesnar

Charlotte and Rhea

Mysterio vs Andrade vs Carrillo vs Garza for the US Title

Black vs Rollins

Owens vs Joe(Can just see this happening) 

Smackdown looks far less promising at the moment.

They all get lost in the shuffle at Mania though and it becomes one huge mess.

I reckon they could break the record this year for matches on the show, as I reckon we'll see at least see the following..

WWE Title, Universal Title, IC Title, US Title, NXT Title, Raw Tag, Smackdown Tag, Raw Womens, Smackdown Womens, Womens Tag, NXT Womens, NXT Cruiserweight, Andre Battle Royal, Womens Battle Royal.

That's 14 matches before we get any big one on one non title matches.

Count me out.

18 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Surely the NXT matches will be on Takeover the day before?

Ahh maybe, I thought they weren't having one before Mania this year for some reason, thought it was just the Feb show.

Although I can't see Rhea/Charlotte happening on the Takeover instead of Mania though can you?