The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Look at Edges return. Randy Orton takes him out. He’s not been seen since. Then look what they did with Becky. She was back within the same show. Utterly pathetic booking and has done nothing to make me interested in her vs Shayna. Something which on paper should have been making everyone excited for them meeting at Mania. And they have turned into a joke at the first hurdle.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Look at Edges return. Randy Orton takes him out. He’s not been seen since. Then look what they did with Becky. 

Bit of a difference though getting your head smashed in between 2 chairs just  a day after returning from 9 years out then getting a little bite in the back of the neck.

Not saying they maybe shouldn't have kept her off screen the rest of the show but Comparing Edge not being seen again to this just doesn't work for me.

It's been seen many times over the years where people return the same show after being injured in far worse circumstamces so it's not a big deal for me

• Paid Members

We can't complain all the time that they don't book babyfaces strongly and then suggest they write off the one badass they do have because she got bit on the neck. Behave.

Whether they should have done a different angle is a fair question. They've got weeks though so plenty of time for something more serious.

If Drew points at the WrestleMania sign one more time, I’m taking flyers to WrestleMania to hand out demanding everyone turn their backs to the ring when he wins the belt. Then on Raw, hijack his promo by chanting for Kevin Owens (or Samoa Joe if he’s sorted a decent haircut by then).

Good Raw again overall if a minor step back from previous weeks. Good to see them continue putting in the leg work to build various guys. I’ve no problem with the 205 lot being put in job spots, they’ve been good value for getting the guys they see as stars over. Great to see Angel Garza again this week. Good looking, charismatic dude that’s making every second of screen time count. Give it a few weeks and he should be getting great reactions. Really nice solid build for this thing between him and the other Luchadores too. Humberto with a big pop as well! They’re giving him just the right amount of edge for now.

The turnaround for Randy Orton has to be one of the biggest surprises in the past year. That Kofi Kingston feud must’ve lit a fuse in him. He’s been brilliant in practically everything he’s done since. Legend killer tour part 2? Poor Matt Hardy though. Great babyface promo before he got sent packing.

I can’t be the only one that’s grown more interested in the idea of Bianca Belair vs Charlotte Flair? Or a triple threat even. Ripley’s fast becoming the new Aleister Black and Ricochet unfortunately. A bit of her star dies off every time she talks. EST is the spark that could break the monotony.

Would it be wise to put Drew in a placeholder feud until Mania? Looking at the roster, someone like Eric Rowan could be a decent surrogate monster for him to plow through? 

Back on Becky/Shayna. The focus on Becky’s ‘acting’ and half-arsed Stone Cold cosplaying couldn't have been more antithetical to when she got her nose broken. The difference it’s makes when they don’t get in their own way and over-produce the life out of everything.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Look at Edges return. Randy Orton takes him out. He’s not been seen since. Then look what they did with Becky. She was back within the same show. Utterly pathetic booking and has done nothing to make me interested in her vs Shayna. Something which on paper should have been making everyone excited for them meeting at Mania. And they have turned into a joke at the first hurdle.

If Becky didn't return for a few weeks, people would be moaning that the Shayna/Becky stuff is too similar to the Edge/Orton stuff and you shouldn't have too many similar feuds on the same show.

Hats off to Asuka and Becky, that was a really cracking match for a throwaway Raw bout.

The bite... ehhh, probably sounded good on paper, but wayyy too much blood which is why it looked fake.

• Paid Members

I hear all the complaints. Between the silly, unnecessary blood and Becky returning before the show was even over, there’s loads of things that could have been done better. Still though, I can’t lie. I always love the WWE trope of a top babyface driving back in some daft vehicle and I’m also a sucker for a show-long storyline that spans segments throughout the show and rewards you for sticking with it. I dunno. Maybe my standards are slipping. But yeah, I didn’t hate it nearly as much as everyone else.

Ultimately, anything that even hits at an eventual Ronda return is enough for me. I’m never ever going to be able to let it go.

2B126B50-495F-432F-9838-7A80AD43B745.gif.42d25fc2196cb10155654be08f71663b.gif

These last few pages are exactly why I'll always find wrestling and its fan base absolutely fascinating. The detail to our critique and analysis is second to none. Well, maybe Star Wars or something gives it a close run, but such discussion is both the best and worst thing about wrestling.

11 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

If Drew points at the WrestleMania sign one more time, I’m taking flyers to WrestleMania to hand out demanding everyone turn their backs to the ring when he wins the belt. Then on Raw, hijack his promo by chanting for Kevin Owens (or Samoa Joe if he’s sorted a decent haircut by then).

Somewhere in the huge realm of WWE someone has realised this has become a cliché as they released an instagram story of "best wrestlemania sign pointers" or something similar basically taking the loss out of it. I'm guessing it didnt come up in Vince's feed.

• Awards Moderator
15 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

If Drew points at the WrestleMania sign one more time, I’m taking flyers to WrestleMania to hand out demanding everyone turn their backs to the ring when he wins the belt.

He was pointing at this.