The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Unless it main events Takeover? Would make it feel very much like a 2 day WrestleMania, Ciampa finally getting goldy back, women's main event the first night of Mania weekend and the payoff to Gargano and Balor. 5 match card with NXT, Womens, NA, Tag, CW and Gargano/Balor. Sounds a solid show. 

• Paid Members

I wonder, pay being equal, how many guys on the Wrestlemania card would opt to work the same match on the previous night’s Takeover instead. Beyond the prestige of it, I bet there’s loads of guys who’d rather get a huge reaction in an arena two hours into a show than work to silence five hours into a cold stadium show.

There are bound to be a couple who are insecure enough to embrace the smaller pond of the NXT arena rather than the daunting big Mania stadium. I bet King Corbin isn’t one of them though, and yet I’d love to see him do a match at Takeover or Full Sail. He was a great heel on the 2015 NXT tour, and he’s come a long way since then. Him going back into that environment now after years of a heel push on the proper shows would be hilarious, especially in a big title match against Cole or Gargano.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Him going back into that environment now after years of a heel push on the proper shows would be hilarious, especially in a big title match against Cole or Gargano.

That would be brilliant, King Corbin is the best and obviously deserves Cena, Goldberg or Taker at mania but now you've put the idea in my head I'd love to see the crazy heat he'd get at the mania Takeover.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

Fucking hell, imagine him pinning one of them after one finisher as well!

Nah, you'd have them kick out of his finisher to have them convinced the hero is going over. Then Corbin wins with a roll up.

When was the last time WWE turned a popular heel face  without immediately adding terrible facets to their personality?  AJ Styles?  
This need for faces to be smiley and dancing is bizarre when you consider that their biggest stars ever were Austin and The Rock, who were both essentially assholes when face.

29 minutes ago, Loki said:

When was the last time WWE turned a popular heel face  without immediately adding terrible facets to their personality?  AJ Styles?  
This need for faces to be smiley and dancing is bizarre when you consider that their biggest stars ever were Austin and The Rock, who were both essentially assholes when face.

Becky Lynch in 2018, Daniel Bryan last year, Samoa Joe this year.

Then again, Roman Reigns has spent most of the last five years looking moody rather than smiling, and I think he’s only danced in the Hobbs & Shaw film (to zero cinema pops), and he’s been the most cried-about of all, so I’m not sure smiling and dancing makes much of a difference.