The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

We can't complain all the time that they don't book babyfaces strongly and then suggest they write off the one badass they do have because she got bit on the neck. Behave.

Whether they should have done a different angle is a fair question. They've got weeks though so plenty of time for something more serious.

I don't think she should have been "written off", just taken out for the remainder of the episode. Keep showing replays, giving "live updates" as to her condition and whatnot so that she's not out of sight and out of mind, but enough that she's putting Shayna over as dangerous. She could show up on RAW next week in full Stone Cold beating everyone up until she gets what she wants mode, or gatecrash NXT tonight looking for Shayna, so would get her heat back quickly, and potentially come out of it a stronger bad-ass babyface than she was going into it.

That said, I've actually seen the whole angle now, and it's awful. From how I'd seen it recapped, I thought the bite happened while Becky was in a hold, not just Shayna randomly, awkwardly lunging over her. 

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

That said, I've actually seen the whole angle now, and it's awful. From how I'd seen it recapped, I thought the bite happened while Becky was in a hold, not just Shayna randomly, awkwardly lunging over her. 

That is the issue, you're right. The biting thing is crap. There's no way it's any better or worse with follow up. Honestly, that black and white photo of Shayna is a far better outcome than that angle deserved.

I was irrationally annoyed by the Becky Lynch angle... I can *just about* get on board with her commandeering the ambulance and taking herself to hospital, but there's just no way at all she'd go into hospital, get treated, then leave and get back in the SAME AMBULANCE and drive back to the arena.

10 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

I was irrationally annoyed by the Becky Lynch angle... I can *just about* get on board with her commandeering the ambulance and taking herself to hospital, but there's just no way at all she'd go into hospital, get treated, then leave and get back in the SAME AMBULANCE and drive back to the arena.

If illogical commandeering of vehicles upsets you, it's a good thing you weren't a fan in the attitude era. You'd have hated it.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

She's not going to take a second ambulance, she's not a thief.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

I skim watched it, why did she take it instead of allowing them to drive her? 

She's The Man init. There was absolutely no logic to any of it. I mean, she wouldn't even get to a hospital, been seen, have a dressing put on and return to the arena in an hour. Jesus, just be grateful this Raw wasn't in the UK. If she'd have gone to a local NHS hospital she would have been back for NXT.

It’s weird how we all just loved and accepted it when Steve was doing this stuff. But now it’s not logical. Like, it sounds ridiculous as people have said. But back then it was great and no one cared that Steve would somehow magic up all these random modes of transport to get to and from the arena for various heel/local law enforcement/local medical facility reasons.