The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
On 23/08/2017 at 4:00 PM, Love-Wilcox said:

I could get on board with the "Bray Wyatt is a spoilt rich kid" gimmick, as things currently stand he a complete channel changer for me.

Can they do it without outing IRS as his dad, though?

• Paid Members
On 25/08/2017 at 1:03 PM, seph said:

Can they do it without outing IRS as his dad, though?

They probably could, but I'd actually prefer it if they did have IRS as his dad being part of it - his dad having as mundane and middle class a profession as a tax collector would play into the "spoilt rich kid" schtick, though you'd also have to acknowledge that he was a WWF wrestler while being a tax collector, which was always a bit odd.

As for who his Kanyon could be...Bo Dallas or Erick Rowan would both make a bit of sense.

It's not really surprising, given how many big matches they seem content to tuck away as of late.

I mean you've had Orton/AJ, Shinsuke/Cena happening on free TV. Shield triple threat headlining Battleground. Plus they have the Monday Night Football season coming up which is always a crap time of year for them.

Not that it makes this any less stupid mind. Cena/Reigns is perhaps the only fresh match WWE have at the moment that could headline a Wrestlemania, and instead they're shoving it onto the undercard of a B level PPV at best. WWE's staggering inability to book long-term storylines is baffling, everything has to be rushed and done as soon as possible. I'm sure it won't have a clean finish, I'm sure there's going to be shenanigans, but it's a poor promoting move.

• Paid Members

Bloody hell, scripted or not, the Cena promos on Reigns was proper character roasting. Cena completely showed him up.

Reigns sort of nearly had a decent comeback, but Cena made it nothing when he got his retort in. These #Pipebomb segments are usually a bit rubbish, but this one was captivating - and maybe not for the right reasons.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Was strange seeing Cena give the "John Cena sucks" promo while receiving the "John Cena sucks" promo. Captivting telly, as ColBol said. Agree, I'm not sure there's any benefit in it but if it makes for good telly, I'll take it. Seems to be a strategy to spread matches over the B PPVs the last year in recognition that keeping subscribers year round is more important than just one or two big boosts a year but even still, I'm surprised a match this big hasn't got the big show treatment.

They would have been my picks to headline Mania to be honest, but i think they will play out much better in front of a lively crowd in a proper arena instead of a huge lifeless stadium where the crowd have already sat through 9 hours of wrestling beforehand.

I think they will go with Reigns/Lesnar & Cena/Strowman at mania instead.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Mania sells itself now days, but it seems odd having two potential main events on a 'B' show in the network era.

I still think you should save your biggest matches for the event. Otherwise, eventually it WILL start to lose it's aura. A big reason it has become a show that sells itself is due to the massive matches they build over a long period of time and make you desperate to see.

Cena VS Reigns on No Mercy is bloody bizarre. I'm sure there is probably a business-reason behind it, but fuck me, that's the biggest WrestleMania main event they have. With Brock/Strowman happening too, what on earth are they going to put on last at next Mania?