The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Beach Ball Scum. Imagine titting around with a beach ball when Roman & Cena are teaming against Joe & Miz. Infuriating. First half of the show was fine, looking forward to Braun/Brock obviously.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Drfunke said:

Wyatt needs to go away for a few months...come back babyface or really push as leader of a new faction as a heel.

They dont know how to use him and people hit the nail on the head in here when they say its the same old formula with him

I think this was suggested on here a few months ago, but I liked the idea of Wyatt having a crisis of confidence after all the losses and semi-dropping the more over-the-top facets of his act, while trying to "find himself". Going back the swamps, showing vignettes of Wyatt attempting to get his mojo back. Obviously it could be proper wrestlecrap, but it would give them a great opportunity to refresh his act somewhat, and bring him back with a new edge, or some new dimensions to the gimmick. 

Edited by mim731
spelling (not witchcraft)

4 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I think this was suggested on here a few months ago, but I liked the idea of Wyatt having a crisis of confidence after all the losses and semi-dropping the more over-the-top facets of his act, while trying to "find himself". Going back the swamps, showing vignettes of Wyatt attempting to get his mojo back. Obviously it could be proper wrestlecrap, but it would give them a great opportunity to refresh his act somewhat, and bring him back with a new edge, or some new dimensions to the gimmick. 

yeah good shout

My thought after Summerslam was that Bray "worships" Demon Balor now or something, anything is better than calling yourself a God with such a pitiful win percentage.

5 minutes ago, DJM said:

They should just stick Harper and Rowan with him again as the Wyatt Family. It might seem a step back for Wyatt, but none of them have really done anything of note since splitting up.

The problem is they'll split them again with no plan yet again. They have no creative direction for (The) Wyatt(s), just that he's weird and fucks around with guys on a seemingly random basis. How they havent delved into this character more over the years is crazy. The Wyatt compound should have been a thing, like a regular thing, it should have been explored and explained. Sister Abigail should have become a physical character, even just as a short term thing to explain something.There's so much potential for the character, but theres no creative want beyond the standard hokey shit. If thats all they want from him, id turn him face. Let him carry on with his act but at the expense of heels. Some kind of tone down of the character even if they dont go down this route is probably needed too. Every feud has become the same now.

1 hour ago, sj5522 said:

My thought after Summerslam was that Bray "worships" Demon Balor now or something, anything is better than calling yourself a God with such a pitiful win percentage.

Didn't someone post something on here that his win percentage on PPV is actually pretty high. Over 50% I think. Probably speaks to the fact it's never been capitalised on.

well he normally goes 50/50 and loses the big blow-off match, either that he'll win by shenanigans like a little hologram girl or Jinder's interference that no one takes it seriously.

• Paid Members

Bray fucking off for a bit and then coming back as a babyface would be very welcomed from me. I couldn't care how they do it, or who it would involve, but it can't be any worse than the cycle of shit we've been served time after time over the last couple of years. It's the same thing over and over again. The last time he was remotely interesting was that brief face tease he had around Mania. 

Nothing against Harper or Rowan, but that's so old hat right now. He needs a complete do-over.

2 hours ago, DJM said:

They should just stick Harper and Rowan with him again as the Wyatt Family. It might seem a step back for Wyatt, but none of them have really done anything of note since splitting up.

I was thinking the same thing nothing has worked really for any of them whenever they've been apart.   Rowan is a lost cause anyway in my opinion. 

They completely failed to capitalise on the small window of opportunity they had pushing harper on smackdown before mania they really should have turned that match into a triple threat at mania instead of the bollocks we ended up with. 

I'd rather they all went down to nxt for a few months and feud with sanity and come back to the main roster after a break.  Wyatt has been dead in the water for so long now I can't think of many others who would benefit from disappearing from the main roster for a while. 

• Paid Members

Describing hating on Bray as the, "in thing," suggests that it's something new and different, which boggles my mind considering he's been dragging guys down for years now. Dean Ambrose was the first victim I can recall. Dean was hot as hell after the Shield broke up. Go back and watch the reactions he got at Summerslam in that awesome Lumberjack match and then when he returned the following month at Night of Champions to attack Seth. People were going apeshit for him. He felt like the first guy in ages who was breaking through and building some proper momentum. Then Bray Wyatt's shitty ghost appeared, ruining the brilliant Hell In A Cell match he was having with Seth, and Dean's career genuinely never recovered. There were glimpses of them getting Dean back on track, like when he cashed in Money in the Bank to win the title, but he never reached those heights again. It's hard to wash the Wyatt stink off.

Everyone suffers the same fate. They get stuck in these endless, boring feuds, that don't go anywhere and aren't even really about anything. Bray just attacks you one week, cuts the same rubbish, forgettable promo for about eight to ten weeks, you trade losses and then win in the end, but by that point you don't gain anything because you've had the rub of being paired with this shitty, meandering, one-note, mid-card chump. 

Hell, they've got the boring, forgettable, repetitive Wyatt feud patterned so well these days that I'd honestly forgotten the feud with Seth Rollins had even occurred, despite it only ending a few weeks ago! That's impressive. They're just vacuous programs that achieve nothing. He's a leech on everyone. He'll go down in Wrestlemania history as being one of the worst WWE champions walking in, having one of the worst storylines leading into a WWE title match, and then having one of the shittest WWE title matches in Wrestlemania history, too. That's something that's not mentioned enough either; he very rarely has anything better than an average match.

Don't get me wrong. The premise of the character is incredible. I remember someone on here did a sort of literary critique of all the influences you could take from it and it was amazing stuff. The problem is that they never ever advanced beyond that premise. All he ever did was cut the same nonsensical promo and then split up and reunite with Harper and Rowan every now and then, but never for any particular reason.

He's shit. He needs a full repackage, or for someone to start putting some actual effort into his feuds, storylines, promos and matches. In his current form he just exists, wasting time and sucking the life or of everyone who associates with him.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Don't get me wrong. The premise of the character is incredible. I remember someone on here did a sort of literary critique of all the influences you could take from it and it was amazing stuff. The problem is that they never ever advanced beyond that premise. All he ever did was cut the same nonsensical promo and then split up and reunite with Harper and Rowan every now and then, but never for any particular reason.

He's shit. He needs a full repackage, or for someone to start putting some actual effort into his feuds, storylines, promos and matches. In his current form he just exists, wasting time and sucking the life or of everyone who associates with him.

Astro's fantastic piece, 'Dissecting Bray Wyatt'

I'm sure someone mentioned a while back that Bray had actually ended up reading it. I bet he wishes creative had been sent a copy. 

• Paid Members

That's an even better read than I remember it. Fantastic stuff. It's a true shame they never developed or advanced the character beyond their original idea. I don't even think the butcher's apron ever made it on to WWE TV, did it?

He's the most tragic one hit wonder ever. 

• Paid Members

The opening segment with Brock and Strowman was gold. I can't help but think they may be blowing their wad early with having this at No Mercy, but if they are creative with the finish then it could add to it long term if they want to go with it more than once. It could main event mania. It won't, but it could. It's hot as fuck right now though and I'm excited for it. 

Other than that this show was all about beach ball bullshit. A complete farce from those morons in the crowd, and unfortunately the post SummerSlam crowd has turned into the Raw after 'Mania lot. 

Is it just me that felt the way they laid out the Cena/Reigns interaction, that it didn't come across anywhere near as big a moment as I expexted it to? I just wasn't feeling the way I expected I would. 

• Paid Members

I feel like Roman vs. Cena might be the new Cena vs. Orton, where in their minds it's this big, epic rivalry, but nobody really gives a shit. They'll start doing those overlong face offs like Randy and Cena used to do in multi-man matches, they'd proper milk it as if they were The Rock and Stone Cold, but it's get an ambarassingly quiet reaction.

I feel like I've said this forever, but I'd be far more interested if someone decided to grow some balls and turn Roman heel for good. The best he's been is when he's been on the edge of full-heeldom. How they took one look at the reaction he got the night after Wrestlemania, smugly smiling like an absolute prick to the chorus of boos, and didn't decide there and then to turn him is beyond me.

Edited by Supremo