The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

3 hours ago, WeeAl said:

That poor guy Strowman chucked out towards the ramp. He'll be lucky to walk straight again after that. I hope he had his Lloyds of London policy all set up before that bump!

Great opening segment. I loved it.

I've got a feeling the crowds will start turning on Jason Jordan soon if his Rocky Maivia circa 1996 promo was anything to go by.

Was thinking the exact same thing tbh. I'm sure one guy shouted 'Shut up' really loudly too. Promo went on too long and crowd didn't care. Hope I'm wrong as the Kid has talent.

Edited by zep81

Jason Jordan's is getting worse to make up for it seemingly. 

They also seem to have added a random 2004 Drowning Pool-esque "BUURN IT DOOOOWN!" to Rollins' theme this week. 

• Paid Members

By the looks of it we were all very excited about this week's episode. It wasn't good, nor bad, it just felt so uneventful. Kind of like an episode of SmackDown whenever the brands are combined. 

The should've-been-main-event was very good, but the baffling decision to have Cass v Show on last meant the show fizzled out horribly. Cass' pre-match promo was horribly awkward I thought and manager-Enzo's wasn't all that good either. Poor decision splitting these two when they hid the other's weaknesses so well. 

Is there big American sports on telly on Monday nights that meant they're dismissing the third hour now? Can't fathom that triple threat with its awesome video packages not main eventing a show otherwise.

I genuinely thought it was the main event and that it was a very snappy well-paced episode for a minute or so until I saw there was a whole other hour left.

Edited by sj5522

13 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

The should've-been-main-event was very good, but the baffling decision to have Cass v Show on last meant the show fizzled out horribly. Cass' pre-match promo was horribly awkward I thought and manager-Enzo's wasn't all that good either. Poor decision splitting these two when they hid the other's weaknesses so well. 

Is there big American sports on telly on Monday nights that meant they're dismissing the third hour now? Can't fathom that triple threat with its awesome video packages not main eventing a show otherwise.

Not so much other sports, but I  think it's more of a case that they know when people start to tune out of the show, so will put the 'real' main event on to close the second hour. Before RAW went to three hours, that's when the show would have been wrapping up and where the main slot would have been so rather than put it on last when a big chunk of the audience has already switched off and less would see it, you put it on when you've still got most of your audience watching. Remember a couple of years back when they had a Paige/Charlotte segment close the show and people tried to play it off as the women's revolution main eventing a RAW? Far from it, it was an angle that only people who'll watch the show regardless cared about, whatever casual fans they have left had already tuned out by then.

They seem to be happy to do an OK number for the first & second hour, then have it drop in the third rather than set something up at the start and hope that people will stay for the whole show/come back in 2.5hrs for the main event/angle. Similarly, they'll put a big angle (like the Joe/Lesnar pull apart brawl recently) on right at the start of the show when the whole audience is there who'll then decide to stick around and watch the rest of the show or tune out for a bit and maybe come back later

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Before RAW went to three hours, that's when the show would have been wrapping up and where the main slot would have been

Raw always finished at 11, even when it was two hours.  It's not it being on late that's the issue, it's just getting people to stick around for that long.

It's no different to the main event going on first on Saturday Night's Main Event back in the day, except the reason for that, I think, was it actually starting late.

They're just not consistant with it though.  Very often the "main event" is actually on last.

Edited by The Dart

• Paid Members

I remember reading that the reason for the main event going on first/early on SNME was to capture the non-wrestling audience who tuned in expecting to see Saturday Night Live, forgetting that it was off that week. That way, they'd happen across Hogan (who they were probably at least vaguely familiar with) and the other top guys, who'd be more likely to captivate them than the lower carders. They'd be so entranced by Hogan et al that they'd stick around for the rest, then come back next time.

May or may not be correct, but it's similar logic to placing top guys/important stuff at the top of the hours on Raw, when people are most likely to be channel hopping.

Nathan Everhart has a hard time playing a dude on TV called Jason Jordan. 

Jason Jordan is completely lost on playing Jason Angle.

The result is extremely awkward. That MizTv segment completely exposed it. I don't believe a word "Jason Angle" says.

Hoping for the best but failing so far. He's a great atlete though.  

The fact they brought up that he got boos from the audience (a smattering of boos one week in the angle which they'd usually ignore) makes me wonder if they're actively trying to give him that Maivia push heat? Anybody's guess what the end-game to this is though

Using wrestlers real names just makes you sound silly, that you did makes me assume you don't like Reigns and still really think cena sucks