The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

54 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Anyone who watches on Sky Sports, you'll need to set your series links up again as the new channels will have knocked them out.

Yup. SD is on Sky Sports 1 tonight.

There's got to be some kind of twist to the Angle/Jordan thing to happen in a couple of weeks or so. In this so-called 'Reality Era', they can't really expect the viewers to actually believe that they are father and son. There's bound to be more to this to be revealed soon.

• Paid Members

I thought Kurt Angle was very good during the reveal segment, but it was quite clear the crowd weren't buying it. It's not a terrible idea, at the very least it's a somewhat fresh idea with lots of potential, but it will be interesting to see how it goes with the live audience.

I imagine they went this way because they either don't fancy having Angle wrestle at all, or at least this gives them an option, should they decide to go another way. I assume we're getting Jordan v Triple H at some point. I'd also love a brief Team Angle 2.0 run with Gable - as I typed, a lot of potential with this story; far far more interesting than Stephanie.

CalmPreciousKingbird-size_restricted.gif

Edited by ColinBollocks

I would have liked them to keep Alpha together for a while. But had Kurt like Gable more. Goofy segments with Jordan trying to win his love. Jordan turns heel on Gable as he's getting the attention. Then it emerges Jordan had fabricated the son thing. Elevates everyone if done right as a goofy angle morphs into a serious one. Much like Team Hell No becoming a quest to beat the Shield. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, DJM said:

And the damage done by the shot:

DE-5TyxVoAANwvw.jpg

I'm gonna guess the plan was to hit him on the shoulder as it's "safer" than an actual head shot, which I assume is outlawed with guitars as well as chairs. Didn't quite work out that way.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So is Elias Sampson a "dangerous worker" now that he's hurt Finn? Everyone else seems to be

He seemed to catch him side on with it - likely that the only gimmicked parts of the guitar were the front and back. Poor Finn took a right sore one unfortunately, but surely we can't say Elias Samson is a dangerous worker based off one accident. We can file that one under "It's wrestling - shit happens."

As far as "everyone else seems to be," I assume you mean Seth Rollins and Jinder Mahal.

Rollins had been earning a reputation as a dangerous worker already after injuring John Cena and Sting prior to Balor getting hurt at SummerSlam. A bit unjust maybe, considering Sting and Balor both accepted responsibility for the injuries they sustained. The Cena nose break was entirely his fault, though.

And Jinder Mahal just caught him badly off a miscommunication in the ring, which also happens.

mahal_balor_elbow_360-1.gif

Still makes me wince, that.

I think at the end of the day, Balor has just been very unlucky.

• Paid Members

To borrow a phrase from Konnan, this Jason Jordan angle (heh) comes across as super JoJo. Added to that I'm not at all happy that this would seem to be the end for American Alpha, as they were a big favourite of mine. Yet I've got mixed feelings about it all because I'm more than happy to see them doing an actual storyline for a change. So I'm interested enough to see how they play it out and whether this means they are keen to make a star of Jordan. I'd like to think that it will be revealed to be a scam and they use that to turn him heel, as a few others have suggested. Seems a logical progression.

Outside of that, I enjoyed the Enzo and Cass stuff again this week. They are doing a decent job of building Cass up. Hopefully they move him onto something decent and get Enzo occupied elsewhere before the heat from this is allowed to fizzle out.

I'm a fan of them putting Rollins and Ambrose together because it means that I can fast-forward through the dullest parts of the show far more efficiently now.

Are Reigns, Joe and Braun all tweeners? You can add Brock into that question too, actually.