The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

So the big reveal of the Angle mystery saga is tonight, and they have done a pretty good job of keeping it under wraps, as so far I don't think anything has been leaked about who it actually will be and where they are going with it.

I have to say though I'm looking forward to Raw this past while ever since the build up started for the five way number one contenders match the PPV before last. There appears to be an effort to place little hooks out there and have small things happen that make you need to tune in the next week to find out more, and they are trying to leave some cliffhangers at the end of shows as well. I'm intrigued. Hopefully it doesn't all go tits up by taking a terrible direction tonight. 

What I don't quite get would be:

There's no way Kurt can be Heel in his first WWE match in over a decade. The crowd will shit all over anything like that. So what? Triple H will be the heel because Kurt Angle slept with his wife? That doesn't quite work out 

I truly can't see it being Stephanie. Didn't they squash the original HHH/Angle/Steph love triangle storyline in quite the anti-climactic fashion because HHH didn't want to do it? Seventeen years later, Trips holds about 10 times the power he had at that point and I can't imagine they'd want to do it now. Over the last seventeen years, Stephanie has always been a detestable heel but HHH was a massive babyface for lengthy spells during that time. I just think if they were going to do a cheating storyline, it would have been done by now.

Fairly confident it's not Dixie Carter either, simply because the majority of the WWE audience won't recognise her, as several others have pointed out.

Who else could it be? Well, we just need to look at the RAW roster and see what females are currently in relationships with male superstars Angle could become embroiled in a feud with. Renee is obviously newly married to Dean Ambrose, but I hope it's not her for two reasons: I have zero interest in seeing Angle and Ambrose in the ring, and Renee is too good for that shit. In relation to @Wrasslin's point -  if it's Maryse, Angle would probably be the babyface just because of how scumbaggish Miz is. Being a wife-stealing, cheating bastard > being a slimy, cowardly, arrogant bastard with a hot wife. Although again, I'd be left deflated about the prospect of the match/feud itself. And they've never alluded to Big Cass's relationship with Carmella on TV - she's never been on Raw during Angle's time back in the company, so unlikely to be her.

Best case scenario would be Brie Bella, for me - her hubby Daniel Bryan is the only WWE performer who could possibly have a returning Kurt Angle booed out of the building for his big WWE return match, because he's possibly the most beloved babyface in the company. I know that's absolutely pie in the sky, but how fucking great would that be? Raw GM vs SmackDown GM, both company legends, both absolutely magnificent in-ring performers, both returning from long lay-offs, both thought to be finished. Again, the chances of it happening are almost absolute zero.

First time I've been genuinely looking forward to Raw in some time - I hope they don't fuck this up.

• Paid Members

Far fetched idea: Angle is having an affair with Renee Young. The cancellation of Talking Smack coincides with her moving to Raw as part of the storyline, unfortunately this would mean Angle vs Ambrose.

The fact they started to move Miz towards wrestling Rollins last week means no more Miz vs Ambrose if I'm right.

EDIT: Thoretical Raw matches for Summerslam: Lesnar vs Joe vs Reigns vs Strowman; Angle vs Ambrose; Miz vs Rollins IC Title; Bray vs Balor; women's match

Edited by gadge
Added more.

• Paid Members

Kurt Angle's son is on Raw. Interesting angle. It's been obvious they see him as a big deal for a while. It could have been a way to debut a brand new guy but it's obvious this fits.

I think there is huge potential in this as the making of a top heel when he turns on Angle and admits he worked him. Definitely more money in that long term.

Enzo was over like a motherfucker with than crowd. The booking made him the arse end of the joke again but it doesn't matter. He's just got it. Good booking of Cass though. Consistent heel progression. Hope he's worth it.

BRRRRRAAAAAAUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!! Superb stuff. The match and the monster interfering  we're really well done.

The 2/3 of the Shield reunion is as good as any character development in ages. Someone has had WCW from 1997 on the Network.

Bo Dallas looks as cool as fuck.

That guitar shot from Sampson was brutal. That match featured the most convincing near fall I've ever seen. Great work from Finn.

I can't wait for Braun to get the big push after summer slam with the belt, for everybody clambering for him to get a push and how awesome he is, to proclaim how green, and what a big useless lump he is, whilst still doing the same shit he is doing now.