The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Thunderplex said:

IMG_0159.PNG

So many people on Twitter are playing up to the sheer absurdity of the angle, it's brilliant. Perhaps the only way I could get behind this is if WWE go all-in on it and start revealing everybody to be somebody's secret son or long lost brother. It could even bring back an angle me and a mate of mine proposed years ago; "Paul Bearer, Everybody's Dad".

But, seriously, though, Pete Dunne as William Regal's illegitimate son is the only way to go.

15 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

There's got to be some kind of twist to the Angle/Jordan thing to happen in a couple of weeks or so. In this so-called 'Reality Era', they can't really expect the viewers to actually believe that they are father and son. There's bound to be more to this to be revealed soon.

I'm assuming that somebody - either Corey Graves or Triple H/Stephanie - have fabricated the whole thing, and are exploiting both Angle and Jason Jordan for nefarious ends, maybe trying to ruin Kurt or make him appear unfit for the job so they can make a grab for power. There needs to be a get-out to it, in any case.

Edited by BomberPat

I think we'll quite obviously get a Shield reunion later in the year, but in the meantime I could see Ambrose/Rollins going after the tag titles at Summerslam, just because there are no other face teams for Sheamus/Cesaro now that the Hardys fued has finished, maybe have JJ go for the IC title against the Miz at the same event with Angle in his corner to counter Bo/Axel.

I really like the idea someone else said of later down the line JJ turning heel and aligning with Graves, maybe have him manager Big Cass too and throw someone else in the mix, have them cause a few months of chaos and then you could get your Sheild reunion in around Survivor Series time to face them.

4 way title match at Summerslam would be great, I'd actually strike while the iron is hot with Strowman and have him win the belt there, knowing WWE though they will delay it until Wrestlemania 35 or something when no one gives a shit about him.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

maybe have JJ go for the IC title against the Miz at the same event with Angle in his corner to counter Bo/Axel.

This has reminded me of something I thought of last night - I know nepotism is nothing new to WWE, but what is the kayfabe explanation for the "higher ups" agreeing that the best place for Jordan to compete is on the brand where his new-found dad runs the show? Surely in the interest of fairness (to borrow a phrase) they'd want to keep him on the other brand?

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Statto said:

This has reminded me of something I thought of last night - I know nepotism is nothing new to WWE, but what is the kayfabe explanation for the "higher ups" agreeing that the best place for Jordan to compete is on the brand where his new-found dad runs the show? Surely in the interest of fairness (to borrow a phrase) they'd want to keep him on the other brand?

Again, I think that's part of a set-up - I'm sure the get-out clause for this angle will be that Jordan isn't really Angle's kid, and that somebody's playing them both, making Kurt look unsuitable for the job, so he ends up getting the sack and Stephanie can come back and take over. In kayfabe, any match or opportunity that Kurt gives to Jordan now will be subject to so much scrutiny - especially if Graves is on commentary planting the seeds.

The Dudley brothers, Kane and Taker, Eric Bischoff and his special nephew Eugene - it's weird how those "odd family" stories are much more outlandish but it's the one they've tried to make the most realistic so far - Kurt and Jordan - that everyone seems to be clamouring for a twist that it can't possibly be true.

4 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

The Dudley brothers, Kane and Taker, Eric Bischoff and his special nephew Eugene - it's weird how those "odd family" stories are much more outlandish but it's the one they've tried to make the most realistic so far - Kurt and Jordan - that everyone seems to be clamouring for a twist that it can't possibly be true.

It's the era we live in.

30 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

If this somehow ends up with Triple H vs Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania I might cry. Can't think of anything less I want to see.

All the talk seems to be that that's where they're going. I'm the same as you, don't remember them having great chemistry 15 years ago and doubt that's changed.

I think Kurt could do with someone more fluid than a 50 year old H to keep the match moving, and he always gelled more with workers like that in the past. AJ would be perfect stylistically, though I don't know how you get there storyline wise.

Angle vs Jason Jordan looks fucking atrocious on a poster, though.

Realistically, Angle shouldn't be giving the rub to a young'un at this stage. There's no rub left. He's an old man. He's a nostalgia act. His opponents should be whittled down from a list that reads:

Triple H, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, John Cena (and maybe Reigns/Styles at a pinch)

And then you push at as a dream match, 'the return of a legend', all that cobblers.

Admittedly, Triple H is the least inspiring name on that list, but it still makes more sense than using 50 year old, purple faced Kurt to try and push a young guy. He's a marketing tool now. Something you can partly build a Summerslam or a Mania round.