The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The minute Kurt Angle said 'baby boy' I just knew it would be Jason Jordan.

The only way this works (and isn't hokey) long term is for it to come out that Jordan has been working him. It might be interesting if Corey Graves has been in on the work, and becomes a sort of Young Heyman type character, managing Jason Jordan.

Theres no obvious feud for him to get into at the minute, as Kurt hasn't really had wrestler beef, so that'll be interesting.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Do we think this is why Chad Gable has had a bit of spotlight thrown on him in recent weeks on Smackdown? So he's not completely cast adrift now that Jordan has moved to Raw. I certainly hope he isn't just a midcarder for life now, I really like Gable (although given his size and look it was always going to Jordan who got a big singles push first). 

Sad to see American Alpha end (presuming that is the case) without having an extended run as a tag team on the main roster in a prominent spot, but I am actually pleasantly surprised with how this panned out. Certainly better than a weird love triangle with Triple H and Stephanie, or Dixie Carter coming in as an on screen character. 

Oh man, that's annoying. Talk about trading has made me think, a good way into this would have been for Angle to have trade a BIG star just to get his son onto the show. Cue unrest on the Raw roster which leads Jordan having to fight his dad's battles, until he turns and sides with Graves.

I'd have enjoyed that.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Kurt must like his women like he likes his coffee hot strong and black.

Such a let down, I never watch Raw live even though I have Sky Sports but I was half tempted to stay up and watch it but I had they awful feeling it wouldn't be worth it and I was right so stuck to watching the highlights on Youtube this morning. WWE could have made international news with a huge blockbuster reveal like Ronda Rousey being his daughter or he is the son of Donald Trunp or he was the master mind behind 9/11 (okay maybe a bit to far) but instead we got Coronation Street/Jeremy Kyle.

Vince must have forgot his favourite saying ANYTHING can happen in the WWE...except for something interesting. Why couldn't it have been Shelton Benjamin at the very least?

What excitement blockbuster entertainment can we get from the BIG reveal lastnight? Jordan will get a push which may or may not work all the while Angle attempts Oscar winning performances throughtout. He returned for this shit? Crying in the ring. One of the greatest of all time? Perhaps the most egarly anticipated returns in WWE history and they gave this as a storyline?

Why should I now care about Jason Jordon? Why should I now invest my vital sleep time to be fresh for work in the morning to instead stay up during the night to watch Jason Jordon pretend to be Kurt Angle son? Hasn't he been loosing on Main Event and walking in the wilderness for months. The only reason they picked him over his tat partner what ever his name is, is because he is black and they want to reach out to the black demographic just like they need Rey or Alberto for the Hispanic.

WWE have the money and resources to really shake the world of pro wrestling and make landmark moments in history that could spear them to international news levels that bring back and bring in new fans with explosive storylines and cliff hanger endings to Raw each week and make Raw must see TV instead we get th sames matches each week i.e. Rollins/Wyatt and Balor against the other guy I can't remember his name with very little story development it's all so bloody lazy. Oh well I was so close to adding 1 more to their ratings but they let me down, YouTube it continues to be.

I'm mean they can't even keep Brock invested enough to hang about long enough to do something that has actual depth and interest to him. Shelton Benjamin and Alberto and CM Punk, Stone Cold anybody who has ever had anything to do without WWE in the past aren't exactly in a rush to return because they know it's shite. I'm sure if WWE were breaking ratings records and were the hottest form of entertainment on the planet they would have top names begging to return not that it would solve their problems and it's of great importantance but if they want nothing to do with WWE then why should we?

Edited by C-Rock

4 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

Vince must have forgot his favourite saying ANYTHING can happen in the WWE...except for something interesting. Why couldn't it have been Shelton Benjamin at the very least?

Probably because Shelton Benjamin is 42 and Kurt Angle is 48, surely you don't need me to work out the maths for you?

At least with Jason Jordan only being 28 it's somewhat plausible.

• Paid Members

I like that they're at least doing storylines. I'll always take that over them just having loads and loads of meaningless matches. But Jason Jordan? Other than having a great hot tag, I've never seen him as anything but a reasonably athletic guy who got lucky to be in a tag team with Chad Gable.

It's interesting that they've taken two of their best tag teams of the last few years, American Alpha and Enzo and Cas, split them up before either team reached anywhere near their full potential, then picked the shit one to push to the moon because he's taller. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Personally, provided the main goal isn't to do the in-joke about Kurt liking black women, I'd have definitely picked Gable to do this angle with. A former Olympian, genuinely charismatic, awesome in the ring. Gable even has that goofy comedic thing that made Angle so diverse. I think Jordan, much like Cas, is going to struggle without his smaller, better, more charismatic tag partner.

Edited by Supremo

Well I don't know how old Shelton Benjamin is I'm not Jim Ross but come on really? Why should I care about Jason Jordon when for the past how ever long WWE clearly haven't. It's lazy booking plane and simple.

WWE have lost touch with reality and taking its fans for idiots. Karen Jarrett must be laughing her fake tits off right now, again I can't tell you how long they were married but she must be loving that Kurt snuck away to double dip some black beauty. I'd be invested if WWE teamed up with TNA/Impact/GFW/GFW Impact/GFW TNA Impact or what ever they are calling themselves now and brought in Karen Jarrett and Jeff now that would raise my interest.

Jeff could release the Broken gimmick to the Hardys in return for WWE throwing their what ever they are called promotion some attention on a bigger level. Jeff is a smart business man, Dixie is in with WWE at the minute if she has to have say In what TNA does and let's have a cross promotion thing going for a while and sit Karen down with Kurt and Jeremy Kyle to hash this out is Moma Benjamin still alive or Sapphire they could now play Moma Jordon and fight it out with Karen Jarrett while Steve the security card breaks it up and then gets a push for the US title as that's not doing much these days.

Bring back Russo!

Edited by C-Rock

• Paid Members

Not really keen on that reveal. What does it achieve? Where's the pay-off?

It feels like a "Hornswoggle as Vince's illegitimate son" reveal, where they had something else in mind, had to change direction at the last minute, but had already backed themselves into a corner by announcing the reveal.

I'd have preferred Gable too, but I suppose it depends where they're going with it. I just imagined goofy segments with Angle playing catch with Gable, days out on the beach etc. for the comedy value. I suppose though Gable has already begun to air out his character and has a stronger chance of getting over on his own merits, while JJ was looking like he would be an AWOL battle royal competitor for the forseeable. We'll have to wait and see if this helps or hinders Jordan long term. Sad to see American Alpha go though

Honestly the most surprising aspect of this angle is that they've done a 2 month story arc for Jason Jordan. It's a good sign they see a lot in him at least. I look forward to seeing where it goes from here.

Oh and the guy on the previous page who's saying he's been chosen as a token black lad; piss off, you clown

Really enjoyed Revival v Hardyz, I've missed the Top Guys in matches. Balor v Samson was surprisingly good, liked the Nashville accent in the crowd going "you done hardway'd him, asshole" to Samson after the guitar shot.

Main event also excellent, four way of battle of the beasts at Summerslam sounds grand to me. 

Edited by sj5522