The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, AshC said:

Do you think there was a fear that Cena vs Reigns at Mania would get absolutely ambushed by the neckbeards, a la Goldberg vs Lesnar at WM 20?

Nah, they just want to avoid a silly amount of people cancelling their subscription after Summer Slam.

While I agree about this being 'Mania quality. I'm more than happy they're actually bothering post-Summer Slam. It's usually right after the show they push auto pilot and cruise until the Rumble. Giving us A+ feuds is more than welcome.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I still think you should save your biggest matches for the event. Otherwise, eventually it WILL start to lose it's aura. A big reason it has become a show that sells itself is due to the massive matches they build over a long period of time and make you desperate to see.

Cena VS Reigns on No Mercy is bloody bizarre. I'm sure there is probably a business-reason behind it, but fuck me, that's the biggest WrestleMania main event they have. With Brock/Strowman happening too, what on earth are they going to put on last at next Mania?

Hogan retirement match!

They must have something up their sleeves. Maybe this is the start of the build to 'Mania.

• Paid Members

Apparently part of the reason they're doing Cena/Reigns so early is that it had been planned to run longer, and the first match between them to take place at Survivor Series, but after Cena's taken a couple of nasty looking bumps in recent weeks, the studio making the Transformers movie he's in have got cold feet on the idea of him wrestling while he's making the movie. Sounds somewhat plausible.

Still no idea what it leaves for Mania aside from the inevitable Reigns/Lesnar rematch (though even that's dampened by Reigns having taken the pinfall in the Fatal Four Way at Summerslam) and Cena/Strowman. They can't be dialling back on how much they're invested in Reigns as the top guy, surely?

It seems so odd to, knowing that promos aren't Reigns' strong suit, and knowing that he'll likely be around long after Cena's gone, put him in a position to have John Cena wipe the floor with him on the mic. What happened to playing to strengths?

• Paid Members

Mind, we've probably got The Shield reunion coming up after this. Be interesting to see how they handle it, because it's probably their last chance in getting Reigns cheers.

Personally, it would grow if they did something similar to the DX reunion tease, where Triple H turned on HBK in 2002. Not going to happen, like, because of all The Shield merch they'll be looking to sell.

1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

Hogan retirement match!

They must have something up their sleeves. Maybe this is the start of the build to 'Mania.

What's Rock's movie schedule like over Wrestlemania season this year?

Angle come back match?

Conor McGregor being a dick?

Reigns looked lost out there man, the bit where Cena told him to learn how to do a promo you could see Reigns was struggling to either remember or think what to say. Looked a right chump.

He improved a bit after that but Cena certainly schooled him.

interesting segment, if they want Reigns to succeed it sure didn't look like it on RAW. The stuff said about Cena is all the same as what we've heard before so didn't pack much.

Reigns has to win at No Mercy surely

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I still think you should save your biggest matches for the event. Otherwise, eventually it WILL start to lose it's aura. A big reason it has become a show that sells itself is due to the massive matches they build over a long period of time and make you desperate to see.

I know its still a massive attraction but its lost its appeal to me, the last 3 have just been a long drawn out mess with dead crowds.

Seems like forever ago when i could just get home from work and watch it on the Monday night and the 3/4 hours would fly bt. With the kick off show you need 3 days to watch it now.

I'm glad we're getting these matches now, should be belting with hot atmospheres.

I think WWE were going for samoa joe vs cena at NO MERCY but with joe getting injured while wrestling cena at a house show and now out for up to 6 weeks. they gave the match to Roman to keep him relevant in a non title program. Plus it keeps Roman and Lesner apart till mania. Which by then THE SHIELD  could have been reformed.

10 minutes ago, wooly said:

I think WWE were going for samoa joe vs cena at NO MERCY but with joe getting injured while wrestling cena at a house show and now out for up to 6 weeks. they gave the match to Roman to keep him relevant in a non title program. Plus it keeps Roman and Lesner apart till mania. Which by then THE SHIELD  could have been reformed.

But they started the Cena Roman stuff last week, before joe was injured. 

Roman came out after Cena saying he wanted to fight 1 guy and everyone thought/thinks its Roman but joe was in the picture. Cena never gave a name. Roman came out to him. Then joe so joe was in the picture before his injury.