The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Also. and I have never understood why, but Christmas Day itself is a day they usually release a fairly well anticipated film. (I am sure that was when Django Unchained was released) It just appears so bizarre, but that's because Thanksgiving, a day celebrating the pillaging and murder of Native Americans, is celebrated more.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure why they're bothering. They already pump out enough content and the chances of them making more effort than putting a Christmas tree by the entrance and having one or two Santa Claus skits are low. These days they never put the effort in to make anything special. I very much doubt it's going to get a big rating. Who wants to watch Raw for 3 hours on Christmas Day? Then on top of that the wrestler miss out on spending the day with their families. I don't really see any upside here.

This weeks Reigns/Cena segment was just as bad as last weeks, possibly worse. Nothing about this feud really makes any sense to me. The shooty bollocks is incredibly idiotic and pretty much every criticism Cena makes of Reigns he is equally, if not more, guilty of. Reigns just isn't a top level promo guy at this point in his career and probably never will be. Instead of humiliating him on live TV for it maybe the brass should stop and think "Well, what's best for business here? Making our next top guy look like a fucking idiot or maybe we should change our strategy? Or maybe we should have made sure he could do promos before we even put him in this position?". Even when Reigns wins he's going to come out of it looking like shit, and I would argue a win over Cena doesn't really mean much anymore. And everyone always talks about how great Cena's promos are but I can't stop cringing when he does his wannabe tough faux-hip hop promo voice. He's from fucking Massachusetts, why does he talk like that? Ugh.

Everything about Big Show vs Braun was bloody great however. Proper pro-wrestling, that.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

It's not that unusual in America to have events on Christmas Day

NBA has 6 or so big Marquee games staggered throught the day and the Arenas are always packed 

NFL also plays Christmas when it falls on a Sunday, most matches are moved to Christmas Eve but they do play a few games still on the day 

The NFL and NBA don't work the number of dates WWE talent do, they have all their transport paid for, and they're able to unionise.

3 hours ago, FattHardy said:

Surely the talent will have been consulted prior to the announcement?

if they did then Matt Hardy didn't tell Reby, who tweeted that christmas is ruined now

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

The NFL and NBA don't work the number of dates WWE talent do, they have all their transport paid for, and they're able to unionise.

An NBA schedule is fucking bleak. Those guys work harder than anyone. Fuck all that.

Jeff Hardy's wife has also tweeted about it, all be it in a much less moany way than Matt's wife. She's also said that it was a decision made by USA Network rather than WWE. I know she's hardly a credible source, but I can only assume she's heard that from Jeff who doesn't strike me as a guy to go making shit up

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I found Strowmans promo really confusing, why was he whining about being in a cage match? Surely to god his character don't do that. I was half asleep as I watched it so have I misjudged the tone or did he turn into Seth Rollins/Kevin Owens/Dolph Ziggler/Jinder and ALL of WWE's heels during that promo?

That Ref is a better promo than half the roster.

I'm now at a point with Bray to see how long I last before I tune out, it's down to about 8 seconds at the minute.

Cor, Roman Reigns is shit at everything that isn't actually wrtestling, isn't he?!

He managed to brag about his dick and then be homophobic in about 6 seconds. He's about as likeable as Piers Morgan, with absolutely zero wit or intelligence.

At least with Cena, through it all, you always got the impression he was a good guy who had a sense of fun. Roman just comes across as a brickheaded, arrogant jock.

I hope Cena beats him.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Cor, Roman Reigns is shit at everything that isn't actually wrtestling, isn't he?!

He managed to brag about his dick and then be homophobic in about 6 seconds. He's about as likeable as Piers Morgan, with absolutely zero wit or intelligence.

At least with Cena, through it all, you always got the impression he was a good guy who had a sense of fun. Roman just comes across as a brickheaded, arrogant jock.

I hope Cena beats him.

Bang on. That is why the notion that it's the same type of booing that Cena gets is utter nonsense. People Boo Cena cos it's now part of the show and it's like "c'mon we are all in on it let's have some fun" but in reality I reckon 95% of the people that boo him would miss him if he weren't around and know the WWE is much better for him.

On the other hand I absolutely think a certain section of people hate Reigns, as in I don't want or need you on my TV. He is not likeable in any way, the sort of prick that openly hits on your missus in front of you, schoolyard bully type. He is terrible on the mic and at times has looked like he might start crying in the last 2 weeks, he needs to step up to the mark and quick.

• Paid Members

Meltzer said they're basically trying to do a repeat of the build for the first Rock v Cena match, with all the shooty shoot bollocks, which is nuts when you remember how Cena butchered THE ROCK most weeks. No idea how they expected any other outcome than Reigns sounding like a moron.

My biggest issue with Reigns during this is the daft look on his face as he's delivering his shocking lines / trying to think on the spot. At least fake you're not out of your depth, mate. Then again, even THE bloody ROCK got flustered once when Cena pointed out the notes on his arm.

I was starting to warm to Reigns before this, but Cena is exposing how standards have dropped. Unless they're turning Reigns heel, this entire feud is another massive misstep in the Reigns push. As dAz points out, it's impossible to cheer a bloke so utterly bereft of wit, confidence and a certain level of charisma on the mic. I just hope they're being right clever and this is the start of the turn, because oooooft!

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

This weeks Reigns/Cena segment was just as bad as last weeks, possibly worse. Nothing about this feud really makes any sense to me. The shooty bollocks is incredibly idiotic and pretty much every criticism Cena makes of Reigns he is equally, if not more, guilty of.

The thing I'm struggling with is Cena repeatedly saying Reigns has been "protected". Now, I understand that protecting a fighter is something that managers/promotors do in "real" combat sports. But they do this by strategically booking them against opponents they should comfortably overcome.

Reigns, on the other hand, has been put in there with EVERYONE. Even the two titans of the period he's been in WWE, Lesnar & Taker. He's been thrown into every conceivable match type with Strowman, the current "killer" of the division. Within the confines of kayfabe, how has he possibly been protected??

It's a whole "all the other stuff is fake but this will be real" deal that I find it hard to get past.

Anyhow, last night they both claimed not to respect one another & then Cole busted out "it's about respect!" so the only possible way it ends is with Reigns winning & a "gee, we respect each other now" handshake, right?

Word is that Big Show was written out last night to allow him to have hip surgery. If that's the case, and he still plans to ride quietly into the sunset when his contract expires in February, he's got to be effectively done? Maybe a surprise return in the Rumble & one more match at the February PPV before calling it quits?

(Incidentally, if he does bow out quietly in February that'll be 3 guys - him, Kane & Menry - all of roughly 20 years WWE tenure who will have retired with minimal fanfare.)