The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The thing that’s struck me over the last few of these shows is how amalgamated everyone gets now into the legend category. When they started doing these nostalgia bits, it was only the 80s and early 90s guys, and now it’s gone through the attitude era and even up to talent who probably debuted after PG SUX started. Ron Simmons has spent far longer as the “DAMN” guy than he did as a WWE wrestler. It really hit me during the RVD bit - Sgt Slaughter was doing the legend cameos before RVD even signed with the WWF, and now they’re in the same camp.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, King Pitcos said:

It really hit me during the RVD bit - Sgt Slaughter was doing the legend cameos before RVD even signed with the WWF, and now they’re in the same camp.

Yeah, I noticed that. RVD probably would have protested, but since the divorce, he needs the payday. Never thought RVD and his self confidence and ego would have accepted doing legends walk ons. This is a guy who once got pissed off because Batista was on the cover of a movie and he wasnt. Now he's fucking about with the Hurricane.

Kurt Angle's stock has fallen massively, too. Mick Foley's probably the smartest one. Getting a kicking from Bray Wyatt will get far more replays than seeing RVD's arse hanging out of his old singlet.

2 hours ago, TheToeSucker said:

Isn't RVD blind in one eye too, due to a concussion in  a bingo hall?

You're probably thinking of New Jack when Vic Grimes fell on top of him after they both fell awkwardly off scaffolding during ECWs Living Dangerously 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Anyone that says the word Triggering can fuck off in my book. 

WTF is the matter with people? If you don't like something, turn it off. What does 'triggering' even mean? 'I got upset and offended by that'? 'I had to call the Samaritans because I had a panic attack about that'? Its nonsense, life is too short to get all worked up about something on a god-damn TV show. Thank fuck you weren't there when HHH said people 'like' Booker T 'don't win' against 'people like me [HHH]' or when HHH fucked the mannequin. 

7Rdh3c8.jpg

9 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Anyone that says the word Triggering can fuck off in my book. 

WTF is the matter with people? If you don't like something, turn it off. What does 'triggering' even mean? 'I got upset and offended by that'? 'I had to call the Samaritans because I had a panic attack about that'? Its nonsense, life is too short to get all worked up about something on a god-damn TV show. Thank fuck you weren't there when HHH said people 'like' Booker T 'don't win' against 'people like me [HHH]' or when HHH fucked the mannequin. 

Seems like you’ve been triggered by the toesucker.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

What does 'triggering' even mean? 

It means something which causes a strong negative emotional response, particularly someone suffering with trauma or PTSD being unexpectedly reminded of one of the causes of their problem.

But your post did a good job of illustrating why those of us working in a psychological context struggle to be able to use it with any of its intended meaning any more because its misused by "political correctness gone mad" wankers, so thanks for that.

11 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Ron Simmons has spent far longer as the “DAMN” guy than he did as a WWE wrestler. It really hit me during the RVD bit - Sgt Slaughter was doing the legend cameos before RVD even signed with the WWF, and now they’re in the same camp.

I was thinking of creating a topic along the lines of 'What's the last thing you remember about 'insert superstar here' and Ron Simmons is probably a good example of this, when we look back and think of his career the last thing we remember will be him as the 'DAMN' guy. 

Whereas you may look back at someone like Austin and think he went out at the top, comes back every few years but still delivers gold promos or The Rock went into movies etc. Sadly quite a few of the 'Legends' have either become parodies of themselves or have gone on far too long that they will be remembered for leaving on a whimper rather than a high. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

It's indicative of how WWE present "Legends", it's so bizarrely reductionist. 

The moment you retire, you get reduced to one character trait. Alundra Blayze puts title belts in bins like they're your pet kestrel, Ron Simmons says "DAMN", Ted DiBiase buys championships, Jimmy Snuka got hit with coconuts, and so on, and the moment you retire you all become mates, and hang out and dance together for no reason. 

RVD has taken the opposite road to Jericho. For all Jericho's many irritating faults, at least he recognised the need to re-invent himself and his gimmick to stay relevant. If he had just clung on to the long haired, "never eeever again' character he debuted with I'm fairly sure he'd be standing alongside RVD on stage in his same gear from 20 years ago, looking like a sad washed up gobshite.

if you don't like watching WWE programming, or don't agree with their output, then don't watch. turn the channel over. it's your own decision and everyone respects that.

I personally think it's pointless going on twitter to complain to sponsors or posting on here virtue signalling about 'triggering' aswell as a little bit pathetic. if you don't like it, don't watch it. easy.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

if you don't like watching WWE programming, or don't agree with their output, then don't watch. turn the channel over. it's your own decision and everyone respects that.

I personally think it's pointless going on twitter to complain to sponsors or posting on here virtue signalling about 'triggering' aswell as a little bit pathetic. if you don't like it, don't watch it. easy.

I don't agree. Complaining to sponsors hits them where it hurts. little johnny turning off his TV does nothing because that is not how TV ratings work, but them losing advertsing sponsorship does.