The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I think it’s just that he’s good at it and he hasn’t got anything else to do at the moment.

It's understated how terrible a job they've done with Strowman since he was getting cheered over Roman and looked a good opponent for Lesnar. if he was a small guy with a worker rep, there'd be tears over it. They're not inundated with huge guys who move well, brawl well, deliver some good power moves and have some charisma. Astounding that they haven't made more of him, especially with two brands on the go.

You know he'd have got over as a heel with a world title run too because the list of guys to challenge him are all guys the vocal TV fanbase would want to be in his spot. Good dynamic there with Strowman as the chosen one against Styles, Bryan, Rollins, etc, etc.

• Paid Members

It astounds me how incapable of booking a monster like Strowman Vince is given how well he used to do it in the 80s and 90s.

Mind you look at what they're doing with Awesome Kong and Nyla Rose in AEW. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It astounds me how incapable of booking a monster like Strowman Vince is given how well he used to do it in the 80s and 90s.

Up to a point, that approach is still their most successful. Strowman, Ryback and Umaga were both great chucking people around. That's why they've gone back to it recently with Strowman. The problem is when they have to progress. There are just too many guys and too much TV now to protect them in the same way. So they always hit a ceiling and there isn't really anywhere to go when they stop winning matches. We've had some discussion recently about the lack of stories outside of title and "title opportunity" matches. That harms them too. Strowman/Lashley seemed alright recently but it's been something very rare for him to get his teeth into over the last couple of years.

• Awards Moderator

I feel a bit sorry for Renee, but heck that's what NXT is supposed to be for. 

It felt like the right time to have a female broadcast lead, and I think everyone was surprised how poor she is given how great she was backstage. Clearly better in character over being herself. 

Saying Nigel is one of the only 2 good announcers, when he's the worst announcer they've ever had.

Thing with Renee is, they put her there because she's a woman and they wanted to have a woman doing the commentary.  I don't think she's bad at it personally, but if she was so bad at it when she did Superstars and NXT a few years ago (which she said was the reason she stopped doing it) why would she have magically got better by not doing it at all for 2 or 3 years.

She was absolutely perfect as the host of the kick off shows and things like that.  Probably the best person they could possibly want doing that sort of stuff, but they moved her away from that into something else she's not as good at, just so they can congratulate themselves on having a female commentator.

They've done the same with Sam Roberts on Main Event now, ticked off the homeless person doing commentary from their list.

5 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It's understated how terrible a job they've done with Strowman since he was getting cheered over Roman and looked a good opponent for Lesnar. if he was a small guy with a worker rep, there'd be tears over it. They're not inundated with huge guys who move well, brawl well, deliver some good power moves and have some charisma. Astounding that they haven't made more of him, especially with two brands on the go.

You know he'd have got over as a heel with a world title run too because the list of guys to challenge him are all guys the vocal TV fanbase would want to be in his spot. Good dynamic there with Strowman as the chosen one against Styles, Bryan, Rollins, etc, etc.

This will continue to amaze me. There was a real buzz around Strowman at one point. That he’s not your typical Indy darling and ticks so many traditional WWE boxes and he’s not become that megastar is mental. He comes across as they type that would be great on the talk show run too and just be a great advert for pro wrestling, what the lapsed fan expects from a pro wrestler and grabbing the attention of potential new younger fans. Yet, when he was hot, maybe just because he was smashing Roman all the time, the Indy fanboys seemed to love him then too. They had it with him, they fucking had it. The reluctance to pull the trigger could ruin so many guys, I hope the same fate doesn’t befall Big E.

• Paid Members

I feel sorry for Rene. Being a commentator is hard. Being a commentator learning on live tv with Vince shouting nonstop into your ear the entire time sounds like hell. It was bad enough to make Mick foley quit and walk away from money, which is one of the signs of the apocalypse. 

They should do a real version of the commentary booth at axxess where fans get to record commentary over a classic match while Vince calls you a useless shit and demands you change nouns at random until you forget how sentences work.