The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

24 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

if you don't like watching WWE programming, or don't agree with their output, then don't watch. turn the channel over. it's your own decision and everyone respects that.

I personally think it's pointless going on twitter to complain to sponsors or posting on here virtue signalling about 'triggering' aswell as a little bit pathetic. if you don't like it, don't watch it. easy.

It’s not as simple as that, to me.

Given the nature of wrestling, yes, it is pathetic to complain about the show portraying bullying, spouses arguing, people punching each other etc. It’s a genre where problems get solved by beating someone up. That’s never going to be fully Guardian-compliant, unless Vince’s next mad idea is that you can only win matches by throwing milkshakes at your opponent.

But even within the construct of wrestling, they still have a responsibility in the way they present things. Viscera sexually assaulting everyone should not be presented as a babyface. Goodies and baddies shouldn’t all joyously gang up to get rid of the dirty disgusting Arab/queer in a Royal Rumble.

I think it’s completely fair game to complain to sponsors about wrestlers tweeting “kill all niggers” or WWE getting into bed with the Saudi government or whatever, if you feel passionate about it.

8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It means something which causes a strong negative emotional response, particularly someone suffering with trauma or PTSD being unexpectedly reminded of one of the causes of their problem.

But your post did a good job of illustrating why those of us working in a psychological context struggle to be able to use it with any of its intended meaning any more because its misused by "political correctness gone mad" wankers, so thanks for that.

Erm I work in a psychological context as you nicely describe it. The whole term is massively over used. I have to use 'prompting event' when talking about traumas that bring about anxiety because triggers sounds so 'pop culture' in its use.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Ricc1PW said:

it's a little bit pathetic to whinge to Snickers and Burger King that John Cena and the Uso's had a bit of a joke about the latter's DUI arrest isn't it though.

Sure. But whinging to those companies for letting a wrestler get raped during a salute the troops event, covering up murders etc. is probably worthwhile. It was the reason I decided to finally cancel the network (the other way to hit them where it works)

• Paid Members

Was unbelievably thrilled to see Kelly Kelly getting a brief comedy 24/7 title run, they could have let me book the reunion Raw myself and I would've been hard pressed to come up with something that I personally would have enjoyed as much as that.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:24 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Whose to say. I don’t work in their contracts department. Do you?

If it's undeniably bad and stupid and can be proven, I'm sure we'd notice. From reports from insiders to public statements etc. The public statement WWE made concerning Ashley Massaro made clear how they and their sponsors felt about the situation.

The Lars Sullivan situation was very different. It looked like it was going to be swept under the rug and people weren't having it. People wrote Snickers and just kept spamming the news all over the place. This (in my view) led to Sullivan apologizing publicly, privately and getting his ass kicked by lucha's. After his injury, I actually felt a tiny bit sorry for him as everything just came crashing down for this dude. Them's the breaks.

If you think or feel that an entity (WWE in this case) or it's employees or it's publicaly broadcasted programming are so offensive that it erodes the fundimental values of the world we live in, I think you should always speak out. Just turning it off is fine too, but change is achieved by refusing to accept the things you find reprehensible.

Edited by Whistling Skull

3 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Missed a couple of raws and caught up with the reunion one yesterday. Whats the deal with Strowman throwing jobbers around for fun? 

That started with him squashing "Randy Rhodes" at the anniversary, last week. I've heard Lashley's injured, so maybe Braun's in holding pattern?

Edited by Whistling Skull

14 minutes ago, Sheffbag said:

Missed a couple of raws and caught up with the reunion one yesterday. Whats the deal with Strowman throwing jobbers around for fun? 

I think it’s just that he’s good at it and he hasn’t got anything else to do at the moment.