The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

7 hours ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

traditional WWE boxes 

I don’t think these really apply anymore. The show is too unfocused, and Vince too shit-scared to stick with a push. It took him four years to make his mind up as to whether Roman Reigns could beat Brock Lesnar. 

Strapping the rocket to Strowman in 2016/17 wouldn’t have worked out. As soon as Braun got the big belt and started hammering the kickpad lads, dey’d turn on him, and Vince would chicken out of the whole thing. He’d be no better off than he is now.

• Paid Members

So supposedly this was the show that Heyman had the most influence on so far. Unfortunately though, it was mostly the same old bollocks, but bloody hell that last segment was great fun! Wild, action-packed, it's a shame the fans have been so conditioned for so long to not give a shit about guys like Cedric Alexander because at other points in history this would've been a star-making performance and they'd replay him jumping off the Titain Tron until the end of time. It's definitely a good start though and felt super different to what we normally see. Maybe a wild, No-DQ 8-man tag at Summerslam? A War Games-style match is exactly what that uninspiring Summerslam card needs. Either way, Roman smashing Joe with the steps and then posing with the lads at the end is the best he's looked in forever.

Andrade vs. Mysterio at Summerslam, Mask vs. Hair, please.

Maria as 24/7 Champion is fun. Nice to have a change from Truth and Drake trading the belt back and forth and I'm genuinely intrigued as to how they book themselves out of it.

Poor Seth Rollins though. Guy can't catch a break since that Twitter meltdown. Loses the belt, ends up looking like a Make-A-Wish kid with DX last week and now this?! Whoever is writing this stuff has got to be a Will Ospreay fan. First Seth's completely shown up when scripted into a backstage segment with Montez Ford, who's ridiculous charisma absolutely eclipsed him. I mean, what next? Bring back The Rock next week and have Seth stand next to him, too? The charisma ratio must've been something like a billion to one. Then everything involving Brock Lesnar smashing Seth to bits harked back to when Strowman used to beat up Roman a few years ago. The idea was obviously to build sympathy, but it was so ridiculous and went on for so long that it just turned into comedy. Seth's weird noises only added to the daftness, too. The guy's doomed. Mike Kanellis catches more of a break.

Also, shout out to Vince, insulting AEW for being, "blood and guts," wrestling, only for his show to feature blood and a comedy murder literally days later.

Skip everything bar the last ten minutes.

Fucking HAVE IT! Brilliant.

Edited by Supremo

Not sure I'd agree with skipping everything. Agreed that the last segment was great but I also enjoyed the 24/7 stuff, the tag title match, and the gauntlet match for sure. All good efforts from everyone involved.

Didn't even mind the Lesnar stuff. That's the kinda beating Rollins needs to take to get people behind him before Summerslam. For me that's exactly how they should use a guy like Lesnar and up the stakes for a match that not too many people really want to see again anyway.

Becky Lynch on the other hand. Now that's some shit confused booking. Nothing about that was The Man that people wanted to get behind.

• Paid Members

Brock mauling Rollins was one of the most satisfying Raw segments in quite a while. It's this sort of stuff that turned Lesnar babyface with the fans and doing so on such a twerp like Rollins will serve him well. Hopefully WWE see some sense and have Lesnar squash Rollins at Summer Slam.

I'm delighted they're doing cool stuff with Roman and Joe. Two of the best on their roster and they deserve some good ideas. Hopefully this is the start of them reheating Roman after somehow seemingly stopping all the goodwill he got after his illness.

• Paid Members

I’ll never understand why they position supposed top babyfaces in environments where the fans are almost certainly going to chant, “One More a Time!” after they’ve been attacked. Seems like the most obvious situation you’d do your best to avoid. Seth’s ribs violently smashed into a chair, coughing up blood, then left on the canvas whilst the fans chant for more. Some hero.

What do I know though? Maybe Seth’s going to be the heel. His girlfriend sure felt like a heel, attacking people from behind and pulling annoying, smug faces on the big screen.

50E34833-5137-4760-B9F3-C56D65749617.png.c4d57a65ed0465e63f133cd5699760f2.png

• Paid Members

Definitely felt like a Heyman influenced show with the chaotic "summit" mixing several feuds and friendships. A really refreshing change from the recent approach. Strange though that they had Rollins and Street Profits be all matey then they didn't try to help him minutes later.

Brilliant beatdown. Doesn't help their presentation of Lesnar though. Appears he's supposed to be a heel and some of the crowd still boo him but he looks like an arse kicker and Rollins a useless bastard.

YouTube supercut caveat and all that but it looked a pretty decent show with momentum from the 24/7 madness carrying into the big US Title match with the cracking mask stuff, the tag title change and then the last half hour or so of mad action. 

Some of it looked shit, the women's stuff, Ziggler and AJ Styles hideously awkward celebration but was a small %.

• Paid Members

The problem is that no matter how much control Heyman may over the writing of Raw the final say is always going to be Vince's.

20 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The problem is that no matter how much control Heyman may over the writing of Raw the final say is always going to be Vince's.

Heyman booking with Vince having the final say was probably the best period in SmackDown history.

Heyman booking without Vince having the final say was the first few episodes of the new ECW.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

Heyman booking with Vince having the final say was probably the best period in SmackDown history.

Heyman booking without Vince having the final say was the first few episodes of the new ECW.

The ECW Stuff was Heyman booking with Syfy having the final say, wasn't it? 

I’d be well down for a Roman/Usos/Cedric v OC/Joe/Drew match at Summerslam, quality segment that was, love that Roman is still getting a good 90-95% of the crowd behind him, helps that since his return he’s barely been in the title picture so his booking has been more of a normal baby face than the Hogan/Cenaesq super strong booking he had pre illness

I would love, love for Becky to beat Nattie in quick time though, just so we never see Crazy Cat Lady anywhere near a title match again. Fuck knows what the booking is meant to be with Alexa, why are they still putting her in swerve matches?

7 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Brock mauling Rollins was one of the most satisfying Raw segments in quite a while. It's this sort of stuff that turned Lesnar babyface with the fans and doing so on such a twerp like Rollins will serve him well. Hopefully WWE see some sense and have Lesnar squash Rollins at Summer Slam.

I'm delighted they're doing cool stuff with Roman and Joe. Two of the best on their roster and they deserve some good ideas. Hopefully this is the start of them reheating Roman after somehow seemingly stopping all the goodwill he got after his illness.

Sounds great, one issue. They're making Brock out to be the heel, Not a babyface.