The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The ECW Stuff was Heyman booking with Syfy having the final say, wasn't it? 

Yes mate. Syfy executives historically sat for hours debating whether the Zombie should go over Sandman or not. 

I thought it was a decent show this week. not enamoured with the Bliss/Cross/Lynch debacle but the rest of it ranged from decent to excellent.

tag match was good, gauntlet was good, Brock was sensational, end segment was ace. can take or leave the 24/7 stuff, but I am intrigued as to where the Maria/Mike Kannellis thing goes so it must be working.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, big7thletter said:

Maria Kanellis is the new vickie guerrero... Fucking ugly, disgusting voice, shitty smug attitude, and actually feels like she'd be a twat in real life

So essentially, a great performer?

2 hours ago, big7thletter said:

Maria Kanellis is the new vickie guerrero... Fucking ugly, disgusting voice, shitty smug attitude, and actually feels like she'd be a twat in real life

Vickie Guerrero’s run as Smackdown GM with Edge is one of my favourite GM runs ever precisely because of this. From a storyline perspective Edge was clearly using her to get what he wanted, but she was so good at playing this utterly detestable human being that you just couldn’t feel any sympathy for her. 

I think Maria is doing a fantastic job at playing her character, she’s very believable. You could argue that her storyline treatment of Mike veers dangerously close to mocking emotional abuse, so I do see why people might be uncomfortable with it.

However, her character work is excellent.

• Paid Members

On the whole I thought this was much better than things have been most weeks. 

Positives:

Most stuff felt like it was there for a purpose, rather than mid carders trading wins without a reason. 

Lesnar beating the piss out of Rollins, and that eight man brawl was great. The ambulance suddenly stopping because Lesnar scared the piss out of the driver was a lovely touch too. 

Multiple things happened at the same time. Lesnar's beat down of Rollins going on at the same time as the show closing brawl started backstage felt organic, and like the way things would happen were it not a scripted show. As well as that, several people got involved in each others business in that brawl at the end. Criss crossing of storylines always seems to add interest and the feeling of spontaneity to things. 

The gauntlet match was pretty good. Cesaro and Mysterio had a good spell, and I liked the signs pointing towards more Mysterio Vs Andrade. Ricochet saving Mysterio was a good spot for him to come in. 

The tag division looks to have some renewed focus. I wasn't dying about the match, but I'm happy to see the four teams that got spotlighted on this show to be getting something positive to do, rather than fighting over shaving cream or some other shite. 

Negatives:

24/7 title. I've liked pretty much everything they have done with this so far, but I wasn't a fan of this week's whole opening segment, nor anything to do with the Mike and Maria stuff. 

I paid no attention to the Becky/Natalya/Bliss stuff. It just doesn't hold any interest for me at all. 

Seth Rollins is done. Somebody get a fork. His character needs to get something back on Brock for him to have any life, but he shouldn't be able to be on Raw this week coming. That means he would need to beat Brock at Summer slam, or at least not lose. There's no way I'd be putting him over Brock at the minute though as he's so far gone that it would only serve to hurt Lesnar more than help seth. Give up on it, let Brock murder fools, and try to heat someone else up that hasn't been totally exposed yet (I don't even know who that could be though. I'd say Big E, but it's never, ever happening. )

Edited by WeeAl