d-d-d-dAz

The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

3 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I want all the old guys to get matches for Summerslam. Even if they can’t bump, it’ll be more interesting than whatever combination of current guys get matched up.

The Club Vs The NWO.

Melina is coming back apparently. They could have the 'decade in the making' rematch with her and Alicia Fox. It would still be more interesting than anything Rollins/Corbin/Balor do!

If they are hopeful on big ratings tonight then would it not make sense for Heyman/Bischoff to tease the Raw/Smackdown rumoured shakeup after Summerslam? New direction, new roster split etc. 

It’s funny that people think they will bother using the old cunts tonight to further or create any angles. They want ratings and announcing all of these names will give them a decent rating, even if all they are now are entrance pops. Suppose it’s good for those in attendance that they will be able to die having witnessed Hogan et al in a WWE ring. But in the morning we’ll all be on here moaning again about how shit RAW was. 

Then we get to see what stupid cunt of an idea Vince comes out with tomorrow for next Monday’s RAW. 

1 hour ago, Mr Kennedy said:

It’s funny that people think they will bother using the old cunts tonight to further or create any angles. They want ratings and announcing all of these names will give them a decent rating, even if all they are now are entrance pops. Suppose it’s good for those in attendance that they will be able to die having witnessed Hogan et al in a WWE ring. But in the morning we’ll all be on here moaning again about how shit RAW was. 

Then we get to see what stupid cunt of an idea Vince comes out with tomorrow for next Monday’s RAW. 

Why don’t you stop watching if you don’t like the show?

Half of these old faces will be in a backstage segment with the APA playing poker anyways

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Ending with an inevitable 'Damn!'

I'm more likely to watch the highlights of this than any of the normal drivel, though.

Just for fun I would like to see the APA protect R-Truth (or whoever the 24/7 champ is) in return for money tonight. Or one of the older names win the belt even if its for 10 minutes. 

All the hate for this show already seems misguided.

The main shows are currently directionless drivel without anywhere near the star level required to carry such poor material.

This show will have no long term ramifications, and may well be directionless drivel too: but it’ll have star power, at least.

I’ll take it.

If WWE were to become the short-term, dopamine-hit, star-power nostalgia show and AEW the star-free alternative? Deal.

I’ve mentally prepared myself for the show to be a lazy, boring parade of guys from the past, with no interesting or exciting angles or interactions. 

Imagine having all those stars at your disposal for one night though. It’d be a joy to write them into the show and have them mix it up with the current guys in matches or backstage angles. At the very least, I’d have a few of the guys win the 24/7 title as the show goes on. 

I also feel like putting Becky in the ring with guys like Austin, Cena and Hogan to endorse her could do wonders for getting her back on track. 

I'd also get a kick out of Stone Cold and Kevin Owens bickering backstage about how does the best Stunner.

Edited by Supremo

57 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

The main shows are currently directionless drivel without anywhere near the star level required to carry such poor material.

This show will have no long term ramifications, and may well be directionless drivel too: but it’ll have star power, at least.

I’ll take it.

If WWE were to become the short-term, dopamine-hit, star-power nostalgia show and AEW the star-free alternative? Deal.

Still better than AEW.

6 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’ll take it.

I take it back. This show was worst than I could have ever imagined.

At first I thought they were just randomly chucking old people out there without rhyme and reason, but after listening to Austin's promo it was clear what this was: a rewriting of their corporate identity ahead of AEW making it to TV. WWE is wrestling history, it is the real pro-wresting family and it's traditional and American as apple pie. They are leaning into being 'America's choice', and their history and nostalgia, to characterise AEW as upstart pissants.

It's not a bad idea, it was just a waste of 3 hours of my life.

Watched Raw after a very long time. All I have to say was the crowd was dead all night and only came alive (just about) for Stone Cold. Stone Cold truly is a proper wrestling megastar. Seeing Hulk and Austin in the ring together is a special sight.

The whole show itself was a waste of time so I understand that dead crowd. They had Nash and Hall there but they end up doing the same boring shit everytime. Crazy how they get portrayed on shows now when back in the day they ruled it when business was red hot. Just a waste of their time, our time, everyones time.