Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

1 hour ago, dopper said:

At the interval my mate and I came out from 'Tornado' on a high thinking it had been an excellent hour, and while 'Snowflake' was also good we left after that second hour a bit deflated because we both thought it was the weaker of the two.

I think Snowflake slightly suffered from him having to rewrite it. I saw it when he first toured it and it was much sharper, but so much has happened since then he needed to change it. Not much he could do.

He's doing a new one soon called Basic Stew which seems like he's going for a real tight show.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

I'm sure there are people on here who are fans. Think this might be his first UK tour?

Screenshot_20221116_115006.thumb.jpg.afd6e2a65a7336e396c6bc736ae7e920.jpg

Can't believe they're letting him out of the US after the #ElectricSun20 disaster.

• 4 weeks later...

Over the last two months I’ve been doing a stand up course with donations going to Cancer Research. I had the fortunate honour (or unfortunate responsibility) of going on last which certainly didn’t help the nerves, but the adrenaline rush as soon as I got that first laugh was unlike anything I’ve ever felt. Certainly something I’ll be looking to do more of, and I’ve been preliminarily offered a spot at a fairly established local night which is great.

Posting the video mainly to prove people actually laughed.

Edited by Slapnut

11 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Over the last two months I’ve been doing a stand up course with donations going to Cancer Research. I had the fortunate honour (or unfortunate responsibility) of going on last which certainly didn’t help the nerves, but the adrenaline rush as soon as I got that first laugh was unlike anything I’ve ever felt. Certainly something I’ll be looking to do more of, and I’ve been preliminarily offered a spot at a fairly established local night which is great.

That was brilliant mate, really funny and VERY UKFF in places. Well done.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

Well done you handsome devil, lovely set. Interesting use of a stage name to hide your real name of Slapnut.