Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

18 minutes ago, DCW said:

Anyone been to the Garth Marengi book tour show thing? saw he was doing a few shows in small enough theatre in Dublin so grabbed a ticket. Good excuse to watch Dark Place again too!

I havent, but a very good friend is a huge fan and said it was one of the best things he had ever been to.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I went to the first one, and it was brilliant - can only imagine it's got better as he's refined it. There's an audience Q&A bit that could fall flat depending how much the people asking questions can or can't play along with the character, but even that was mostly pretty great.

• Paid Members

Basically, everyone kayfabes it and it works fantastically. Enormously fun show.  I got my book signed, and he stayed in character for that too - so I was careful about how I said 'I believe you know someone who made a movie called 'Possum', that I very much enjoyed as well'.

He said 'Ah, yeah, that. It was alright, I 'spose. I'd have done it differently, but what can you do?.'

Edited by Chris B

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Rose Matafeo: Horndog was really, really good. Probably not for everyone but I loved it - very funny and energetic and the ending is brilliant. It's currently on BBC iPlayer if anyone's interested.

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Will do.

I think she's done a show all about Sonic the Hedgehog before and this one's more about the PS1.

I saw the PS1 show at the Fringe last year - it’s a good show, but don’t expect too much PS1 related material!

Rose Matafeo is excellent.

• Paid Members

The new Marc Maron show (From Bleak to Dark) is doing the rounds and could be his best one yet. The stuff about Lynn Shelton is so, so good to the point where I have no idea how he made it so funny. He's one of the greatest of all time now, isn't he?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The new Marc Maron show (From Bleak to Dark) is doing the rounds and could be his best one yet. The stuff about Lynn Shelton is so, so good to the point where I have no idea how he made it so funny. He's one of the greatest of all time now, isn't he?

I’m looking forward to finding it. On that note, he just released a WTF podcast with him interviewing Jericho, Tony Khan, MJF and Eddie Kingston as he watches wrestling for the first time. Thought it was an interesting listen.

15 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It was superb. Everything you want from him and now with added pathos.