Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

2 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Watched a new one by this guy called Matt Rife and it really is hideously awful. Reminds me of the American Dapper Laughs in that he has this huge female following while he tells mostly misogynist shit jokes.

Is he the guy who uses the “R” word loads and then answered critics on Twitter with a link to “R****d Helmets” for sale?

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Is he the guy who uses the “R” word loads and then answered critics on Twitter with a link to “R****d Helmets” for sale?

I only know he hasn't responded well to this latest show being taken apart critically so I wouldn't put it past him.

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

This video on Matt Rife is well worth a watch. He sounds shit. 

"Bacon you don't really know about games or gaming though, why do you know who Alannah Pearce is?"

".............BONK" 

Alannah Pearce, lover of Mike Flannnagan mainstay and top Red Rahul Kohli. Lucky bird.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

His stand up became humongous on TikTok with mums and teenage girls, so for his special he decided to do a complete 180 to try and get the "lads" on board too but it massively backfired.

My mum and my sister loved him, but they both hated the Netflix special. When they finished watching it my mum turned to my sister and said "That wasn't funny and he's getting cancelled" 

4 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

What did you expect?

There were one or two bits in his previous Netflix specials that made me laugh, so that I suppose. But nothing this time. I suppose if his previous shows only raised a few giggles, I should probably have learnt my lesson and realised that his stand-up isn’t really my cup of tea. But I’m an idiot and I needed something to watch. 

• Paid Members

Haven’t seen it and I won’t, but I bet the jokes about wokeness, god and arguing on Twitter were great.

Found this on Twitter which sums him up for me these last few years. I bet the Gervais from 2002 would fucking hate the version we have now. 

IMG_4546.jpeg