Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

Let me guess “Something something I’m an atheist, something something just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right”

I did actually see a clip this morning as it was on a YouTube ad where he said “when someone discovers I am an atheist”. Surely that’s absolutely no-one seen as he mentions it at every available opportunity 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Then this morning the new ricky gervais Netflix special came out and in my opinion it's his best too date. He speaks about woke culture

What a surprising, new direction to go in! What next? Endlessly banging on about atheism? Slagging off trans people?

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I did actually see a clip this morning as it was on a YouTube ad where he said “when someone discovers I am an atheist”. Surely that’s absolutely no-one seen as he mentions it at every available opportunity 

2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

So last night I went too watch Russell brand in blackpool at the winter gardens. He was absolutely incredible and did a very long and fairly impressive show. It was really weird and unique in the sense he did the first half where he came on and did bits and pieces of material but then did some interaction with stuff the audience had submitted when they bought there tickets and that first half alone was a good 45 minutes.......then he had a 20 minute break where he came out and met fans and whatnot, then the second half was the proper show which I imagine at some stage will be a Netflix special. Then that finished he did another bit of meet and greet with the crowd before doing a small meditation session if anyone wanted to stick around and experience it.

Really really funny and immersive show overall however I did feel that it was very political heavy throughout but I suppose that is what you expect from Russell now.

Then this morning the new ricky gervais Netflix special came out and in my opinion it's his best too date. He speaks about woke culture and focuses alot of that sort of area. I absolutely love offensive stand up comedy so this was exactly what I go for with stand up and I absolutely loved it and can't recommend it enough if that is your sort of thing, however I would bet money on by the end of today articles and Twitter will blow up by people that watched and have got offended and upset about every single bit of the special.

When you die you will ascend to heaven as you have lived your life in hell 🙏

I thought Russell would’ve had the karaoke king on the guest list seeing how they’re best mates. 

Saw two clips of the Gervais thing. It’s brilliantly groundbreaking, atheism and trans people! How does he come up with stuff!!! Again and again and again!!

He is Peter Kay for horrible dickheads. 

Piers Morgan thinks its outrageous, offensive AND funny and people who don't like it are too "woke, humourless and dumb to understand the comedy" so YOU KNOW it must be good, yeah?

Seriously though I just saw a clip and he was on about "women with beards and cocks". AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH brilliant m8. This is definitely really, really funny and topical and clever and not tired, predictable nonsense on about the same level as Roy Chubby Brown making jokes brown people and homosexuals to middle aged people with beetroot red faces in Blackpool. 

22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I thought Russell would’ve had the karaoke king on the guest list seeing how they’re best mates. 

Saw two clips of the Gervais thing. It’s brilliantly groundbreaking, atheism and trans people! How does he come up with stuff!!! Again and again and again!!

He is Peter Kay for horrible dickheads. 

I was on the guestlist mate but cheers for that 

2 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

He speaks about woke culture and focuses alot of that sort of area.

Imagine my shock.

Gervais is a cunt, a shit stand up, a shit writer and a shit actor.

And this coming from someone who adored The Office.

James Acaster buried him and his "edgy offensive" comedy in two minutes on Cold Lasagna.

16 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Don’t forget calling someone a cunt in lieu of a punchline. 

A Gervais fan I know got a bit animated when I said After Life was by the numbers and totally predictable in terms of structure. You were guaranteed to have someone being called a cunt, Cunk saying something about spirituality so Gervais could riff on atheism, a fat joke, a sex worker joke, an ex wife being a whore with a gippo joke, piano music indicating he’s about to watch a clip of his wife etc. He really seemed to take it personally and say that by the numbers means it’s like every other comedy show  and wouldn’t accept criticism of it. 

Mind you, he’d take it as a huge compliment if you said he was straight from a Kevin Smith film. 

Just had a look at the twitter response to the Gervais content. Quite pathetic really.

I don't think I've seen a single person be genuinely offended. Seems to either be people pointing out that its predictable, tired, unfunny shite OR people going "thank u ricky this gives me hope that sanity will prevail" etc.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Kfogg1991 said:

So last night I went too watch Russell brand in blackpool at the winter gardens. He was absolutely incredible and did a very long and fairly impressive show. It was really weird and unique in the sense he did the first half where he came on and did bits and pieces of material but then did some interaction with stuff the audience had submitted when they bought there tickets and that first half alone was a good 45 minutes.......then he had a 20 minute break where he came out and met fans and whatnot, then the second half was the proper show which I imagine at some stage will be a Netflix special. Then that finished he did another bit of meet and greet with the crowd before doing a small meditation session if anyone wanted to stick around and experience it.

Really really funny and immersive show overall however I did feel that it was very political heavy throughout but I suppose that is what you expect from Russell now.

Then this morning the new ricky gervais Netflix special came out and in my opinion it's his best too date. He speaks about woke culture and focuses alot of that sort of area. I absolutely love offensive stand up comedy so this was exactly what I go for with stand up and I absolutely loved it and can't recommend it enough if that is your sort of thing, however I would bet money on by the end of today articles and Twitter will blow up by people that watched and have got offended and upset about every single bit of the special.

This post is at least 16 times funnier than anything Ricky Gervais has ever done. Terrific work.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Let me guess “Something something I’m an atheist, something something just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right”

Essentially you could use the old vegan joke on Ricky. How do you know Ricky Gervais is an Atheist? He'll tell you at every opportunity.