Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Anyone know if there's anywhere to legally watch Cold Lasagne Hate Myself? I know there was the live stream the other night but I couldn't watch that. 

Not legally. It was a one time only online stream. People recorded it though so it's available to download on some hooky places.

• Awards Moderator

If you find a way to watch it, do. It's utterly masterful. Funny, sad, bold... with this and Repertoire Acaster is the best working right now. 

But running "as live" was fucking annoying. Not even a 24 hour replay etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's a few years old but I'd recommend this Tom Stade show filmed on tour at the Salford Lowry. He's one of my favourites & has been for quite a while.

Also (@Keith Houchen) , Alexei Sayle is on the latest Richard Herring podcast although he didn't sound especially enthused.

19 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I just saw my first Daniel Kitson show. Dot Dot Dot is on his website. Been wanting to see one of his live shows for a while but it’s never worked out, so this will do for now 

I knew he performed it and streamed in back in November but missed out on it. Where is it online? I can't find it on his website.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I knew he performed it and streamed in back in November but missed out on it. Where is it online? I can't find it on his website.

Go to videos on his website which takes you to his Vimeo page and click on all videos (there are 4 in total) and it’s there

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I've been going through a lot of old stand up shows recently, and as it was 10 years ago when I first saw them, Richard Prior Live In Concert and Eddie Murphy Raw are still the best end to end routines I've ever seen. I still use some of the lines from it today and almost every joke still holds up so well. Close call between Eddie Murphy's Delirious, but Raw edges it for me.

Also forgot how great Kat Williams' American Hustle routine is too. 

• Paid Members

Kat Williams falls into that category of being clearly very charismatic but just not for me.

I've always been interested in the crossover with US & UK comedy and those acts on both sides that successfully crossover & the ones that just don't. I can't imagine what a 'Larry The Cable Guy' British audience would be like while he's playing 70k stadiums at home. Just look at this!!

cdfdb5b0-1319-5e0b-9a64-91196c7c0dd7.preview-300.thumb.jpg.ad34dc57425d203597fad147204666b1.jpg