Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

• Paid Members

Considering how CK's act has always contained a lot of material about him being sexually weird and unpleasant, there's no way I could ever watch one of his shows now knowing what we know. He can fuck off, and so can the venues still booking him. Cunts.

I watched John Robins- The Darkness of Robins on Netflix last night. It's the first time I've seen him and I thought it was a tremendous show. The last ten minutes was equal parts heartbreaking, uncomfortable and hilarious. I'll be searching more out.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I watched John Robins- The Darkness of Robins on Netflix last night. It's the first time I've seen him and I thought it was a tremendous show. The last ten minutes was equal parts heartbreaking, uncomfortable and hilarious. I'll be searching more out.

I saw the show on his tour a couple of years ago and loved it. It was the show that co-won the Edinburgh Comedy Award with Hannah Gadsby's Nanette. He's got some previous shows on his bandcamp. Where Is My Mind is probably the best one.

His 5Live and Radio X/XFM podcast with Elis James is well worth it too.

• Paid Members

Tom Segura's new show is amazingly awful in its first half and really quite good in its second half. Never quite seen a stand-up show like it, but that's what happens when you're so bothered about who you triggered instead of just telling jokes the whole show.

Adam Buxton's Old Bits is currently pay what you want over at Go Faster Stripe.

https://www.gofasterstripe.com/cgi-bin/website.cgi?page=videofull&id=39289

It's basically a best of compilation of all his favourite live bits from the past few years. Hilarious animations, videos, YouTube comments etc. Well worth chucking a couple of quid for it. I was pissing myself laughing constantly for the whole hour and a half.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Adam Buxton's Old Bits is currently pay what you want over at Go Faster Stripe.

https://www.gofasterstripe.com/cgi-bin/website.cgi?page=videofull&id=39289

It's basically a best of compilation of all his favourite live bits from the past few years. Hilarious animations, videos, YouTube comments etc. Well worth chucking a couple of quid for it. I was pissing myself laughing constantly for the whole hour and a half.

I was at one of the filmings. An absolute treat. I'll be downloading later, thanks for the reminder

• Paid Members

Tom Papa's latest one on Netflix is superb. A bit like an older John Mulaney in his approach here, the opening 15 minutes are brilliant especially. I should catch the rest of his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I watched Rob Delaney's special on Amazon last week and honked like a drain throughout. I think it's his cheery demeanour talking about how shitty his life that gets me. The guy has wonderful diction.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rob-Delaney-Jackie-TV-Spot/dp/B082VC4BQP/

I really, REALLY love him but I felt this fell flat to be honest, which I was a bit gutted by. But I'll give it another go and see if it hits.

The sweat off him on this...Sexy bastard.

• Paid Members

You can get 1mths access to Hot Water Comedy's streaming service (  https://watch.hotwatercomedy.co.uk/ ) for £3 with the discount code ONDEMAND

There's a decent amount of stuff on there, I signed up to just watch Matt Reed's Edinburgh show about having a stalker which was supposedly excellent & I didn't get to catch when he was doing previews. There's a bunch of Edinburgh shows on there (recorded at Hot Water post-fest) aswell as lot of their normal weekend night, mixed bill shows. Thought this might be of interest to people who only normally see comedy in the 'Netflix special'/tour show format of comedians playing full shows in front of their own audiences, rather than club sets to strangers they have to convince.

18 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

You can get 1mths access to Hot Water Comedy's streaming service (  https://watch.hotwatercomedy.co.uk/ ) for £3 with the discount code ONDEMAND

There's a decent amount of stuff on there, I signed up to just watch Matt Reed's Edinburgh show about having a stalker which was supposedly excellent & I didn't get to catch when he was doing previews. There's a bunch of Edinburgh shows on there (recorded at Hot Water post-fest) aswell as lot of their normal weekend night, mixed bill shows. Thought this might be of interest to people who only normally see comedy in the 'Netflix special'/tour show format of comedians playing full shows in front of their own audiences, rather than club sets to strangers they have to convince.

Their YouTube channel has tons of stuff as well - https://www.youtube.com/user/hotwatercomedyclub

Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours To Kill

Echo the above, it's not very funny... however I did enjoy it as Jerry makes me feel happy. I like spending time in his (digital) company. It's a very Jerry show.

I love the way he has become very comfortable with being older and loving his time (of course it helps being insanely rich), and to be honest I'd be happy watching him read the phone book so this was a decent hour.

I'm Telling You For The Last Time is the second best stand up show of all time though, and I'm gonna pop that on now. (Bigger and Blacker is number one obviously)